Thread: Karen Carpenter

Karen Carpenter

Hello , just noticed that it will be 32 yrs since Karen Carpenter died on FEB. 4, 1983. Glad I had a chance to see her perform twice. Both times at Arizona State University.

Thumbs up

I have several of her albums , "Hush " is a song that reveales her warm and articulate voice and , playing right now, thank you for reminding me

Lost a good one too soon!

I liked her music also back then.

Ron
    JBL Pro for home use!

As a piano technician I was thrilled to work for Richard only a short time after after his sister's passing, in 1987. He was appearing at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion in L.A. with the Air Force Band. He was a Baldwin artist and as such requested a Baldwin instrument. The Chandler had a fairly clapped out old Baldwin 9' in a practice room. I was called in to revive it and I succeeded I suppose, as he performed on it without complaint. Richard asked for my business card, and I so looked forward to his call, but he never called! To this day one of my favorite audiophile faves is to spin the Carpenters' Close to You, lights off and cranked up. Wow!

HI Steve, Thanks for sharing your story.That's cool. Listened to her solo album last night on my 4350's. The last bonus track Ii thought is was a very good recording.., Ken

Thread Information