Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: John Eargle Passing

thanks again, Bo

An Organ Recital By John Eargle

I thought some members here might get a kick out of this as John Eargle was sort of adopted here sitting at right hand James B.
    This is an original sleeve/covernote from the time when John was staff musical director and head of the Klipschtape division.
    Michael
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Don McRitchie View Post
    You don't need a Paypal account to make a payment through Paypal, as you can see by clicking the Paypal button above.
    To all...

If you wish to avoid PayPal fees (variably approx. 3%), you can send me a personal check (in my name) or money order - I transfer the funds into the LH treasury account, free of fees. This is not a hassle, and all is documented in hardcopy files of the LH treasury.

Send me a pm if you need my postal address...
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Hi Bo

Thank you very much for taking this on with virtually no notice while a continent away. I got your PM and will respond in more detail later this morning.

Don

With all our differences aside this is what it's all about to me.This is how I can give back to this forum. I did not know John Eargle, I knew his music and it was stunning. I did not contribute a huge sum but something that I could afford and in doing so want to show my appreciation for someone who hand their hands on creating this forum.I also do this for you Don as I could only wish to have a friend of you're caliber as I can see how deeply this has affected you.

Don, I personally want to thankyou for your gift to this forum and in my case my contribution is for both of you.

AES John M. Eargle Memorial Scholarship

Howdy...

Just arrived from the UK - took a glimpse at the treasury activity. You "guys" are nothing short of awesome. I thought I'd share an interim Scholarship fundraising update - I am personally overwhelmed with the response.

Fund Drive donations, June 5 to current:

US$ 992.00 Gross
    .......(36.21) less PayPal Fees
    US$ 955.79 Net

And, this does not include the $500 seed authorized by Don.

Don - a couple of questions?

- What do you know of the timing of this Funding? Do you want to set a close date?
    - Or, shall we give an indication to AES at the Memorial, and also keep this choice as a donation option going-forward? I don't know whether this is in your plan, but if it can be indicated on the "DONATE" button, I can readily track these monies separately and quarterly make a distribution to the Scholarship, on your authority.
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Hi Bo

I indicated a close date of June 13 for a couple of reasons. It is just before the June 14 Eargle tribute and there might be an opportunity to present a check at that function (I still have to look into this).

The more significant reason has to do with past experience with our last fund raiser. Both then and now, I made a forum announcement followed by a mass mailing to all registered forum members requesting their assistance. Last time, the mailing had far more impact than the forum announcement since only a very small percentage of the overall membership reads any given post. Putting a closing date in the mailing seemed to help spur an immediate response. People are less likely to procrastinate if there is a stated deadline.

Nonetheless, I do like the idea of there being an opportunity for long term fundraising towards the scholarship. As I said in my initial post in this thread, it is my intent to have a permanent tribute page to John on this site in the near term. I can easily put a Paypal button on that page that would function indefinitely. It would direct donations to the same LH account that you have set up for the site, but each would come labeled as a donation for the scholarship.

Don

Respect & gratitude to all involved in planning & follow through for this.

Donation sent.

je

What I know about audio is from "Standing on the Shoulders of Giants". John Eargle was certainly one of these. Donation sent.

Regards
    AL

Donation sent.
    scottyj

Donation Sent

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Donation Done, Thanks Bo and Don.

Regards,

Bart
    When faced with another JBL find, Good mech986 says , JBL Fan mech986 says

Donation Sent

Baron030

Quote Originally Posted by Don McRitchie View Post
    I indicated a close date of June 13 for a couple of reasons. It is just before the June 14 Eargle tribute and there might be an opportunity to present a check at that function ...
    Howdy, gang...

All donations received to LH through 13 June, 24.00hrs, will go toward the AES John Eargle Scholarship. While final details are not known, Don McRitchie will be attending the memorial service and will make some presentation, there. The response here has been nothing short of overwhelming.

I will make good effort to post the fundraising totals early on 14 June. Thereafter, donation options will revert to solely the LH site until Don can organize for the AES John Eargle Scholarship to be shown as an option.
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Thanks to Bo for all of your hard work in tracking this on very short notice. My thanks also to everyone who contributed.

Don

Thread Information