A number of analog stereo aficianadoes swear by the Citation 7.0 as having a superior analog section. I've heard it, and it's very nice, but it comes from pre DD and DTS times.

I own the successor model, the Citation 5.0 which has DD 5.1 and DTS, plus Jim Fosgate's 6Axis. The analog section is very nice as well, but the set up on this thing is horrendous and, again, it's behind the times.

I replaced it in my main system with a Fosgate Audionics FAPT-1, both on the strength of Jim Fosgates's surround capabilities and his dedication to terrific analog bypass. However, it's been superceded by the FAPT-1+, which is said to be improved in almost every parameter. It's around $3k.

There are no balanced ins/outs here, but I've never seen the need in a home system. Others of course feel differently and are welcome to their opinions.

My main system/HT is nicknamed "The Two Jims Theater," due to Jim Fosgate and Jim Lansing being the giants of my audio world. Plus, the entanglements of JBL, Fosgate Audionics, Citation, and Harman Kardon are many over the years.