Anyone have suggestions for a high-quality two-channel line-amp? I may not be naming it correctly, but...

Everything into my system pre-amp is nicely gain matched, except the TV. I need to boost the TV feed before my system pre-amp to keep the gain structure normalized across all inputs (i.e., so I don't have to change the pre-amp output gain when changing sources).

The L/R variable gain feed from TV is substantially padded - I've got everything wide open but it still is at-least -10dB below other sources into my system pre-amp (2.0, nothing fancy). So, when tubing, the pre-amp gain must be at 1 O'Clock, and when CD'ing, it is never above 9.30 O'Clock. I hate the risk of someone switching sources from TV to CD without knocking back the gain. Been lucky so far...

Right now, I'm using a POS Mackie 1202, with TV L/R into two variable mic pre's, coming out the Main L/R outs. Works great, but it's a bit excessive. I recall reading where Earl has solved a similar condition with a similar solution.

Ideas...?