Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Looky What I just got - 4341 Monitors

Again - at the time I made the initial claim, I had just made a payment of $180 via PayPal to a seller who I had previously emailed back and forth just fine, but whose email was bouncing just a half-hour after the sale concluded (and further emails bounced as well).

Sale concluded, money paid, email account closed - not a good sign ...

Sure seemed like fraud at that point - so "Not as described" didn't fit - at that point it was "money paid and seller disappeared" - which wasn't a choice - so "got nothing" or "not received" was the closest match.
    Even when he popped up and claimed it had shipped (lying about it shipping 2 days before FedEx claimed it shipped), I wasn't cancelling the claim until I saw a good amp in the mail ... I mean who knows, he might have shipped a box of air for all I knew.
    And of course, I never did get a good amp from him ...

You know, hindsight is ALWAYS 20/20 ... and, if a seller really wants to cheat you, they can.

Quote Originally Posted by johnaec View Post
    I believe they have a heading something like "Item not as described": http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...d-process.html

The odd thing is that "not received" and "not as described" are under the same heading, (I didn't read the details).

John
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Right after Ebay bought PayPal I bought numerous Control 5s that were new in box. I had to file a complaint against the seller because he elected to remove 1 speaker from each of the packing boxes. Now PayPal/Eaby would not stop feverse payment because the item had shipped and it was the item described redardless if the amount was incorrect? American Express read the Ebay add and told PayPal to suck an Ebay. PayPal then read me the riot act.

heather,when i refer to interconnects i mean any co ax between components as speaker wire is usually not shielded.rob 3606 has uploaded one of the pix i was going to but there is another brand available from a local place tip top electronics that has other varieties including slotted and solid.in my rack i also have rack trays in 1,2,and 3 space formats to accomodate non rackmount components.i cant remember the name of the manufacturer but try googling tip top electronics winnipeg and see if it pops up,and they probably are available in your area.i saw a catalog once and they have everything you can imagine for rack mounting.............if google doesnt work i can call them for you

Sure, Jim - I guess my point is that I want to wait until I am done
    shuffling amps and see how many rack spaces I will actually need before I start doing the final config with spacers and tie down and all of that.
    That blank 1U panel is all I've got at the moment, but I can get more where it came from.

When we built the racks for that CATV system, and there were 22 cabinets in the main room, we put a blank panel between every device just for future expansion, even when the device was a patchbay. We also ran all the ins on one side and the outs on the other to separate low level and high level signals. We also ran the AC through an elevated computer floor system with large holes punched through the tiles under each rack, to let cold air be blown up through the racks, and to let the signal cables run in and out of the racks as well. Frankly, home audio rack design is easy compared to broadband multichannel RF/AV systems.

But I'm probably a month or so away from the final config so if I don't tighten everything down just yet, please bear with me. I'm still learning the gear and its potential.

And thanks for the tips!

Quote Originally Posted by jim campbell View Post
    Heather, when i refer to interconnects, I mean any coax between components, as speaker wire is usually not shielded. Rob3606 has uploaded one of the perf-panel pix I was going to, but there is another brand available from a local place, "tip top electronics", that has other varieties including slotted and solid. In my rack I also have rack trays in 1, 2, and 3 space formats to accomodate non rackmount components.i cant remember the name of the manufacturer but try googling tip top electronics winnipeg and see if it pops up,and they probably are available in your area.i saw a catalog once and they have everything you can imagine for rack mounting.............if google doesnt work i can call them for you
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4

oh no rush heather,it is after all supposed to be fun,just a reminder that were out here to offer assistance if you need it.............

and here it is..middle atlantic products........riverdale nj.....harvey il............simi valley ca...........for rack stuff

I finally got my biAmp issues resolved ... mostly.
    After the great experience with the Zilch mobil biAmp lab and medicine show ... I got a JBL 552 active crossover (to match the one he'd leant me). I already had a Crown D-75 for the hi- split so I bought a JBL 6260 amp via ebay but it was all burned up inside (and I'm still fighting that through VISA).

A week later a JBL 6230 I bought arrived - DOA! I tracked through it with a fluke and found a dead wirewound fuse - replaced that, and its a sweet piece of gear.

I still wanted a JBL 6260 - so after watching ebay, a few weeks ago I found another and won the auction! Last Tuesday he emailed me and said he'd just shipped it - so I figured it would be here for the weekend -(it was only coming from Philly) ... I just had to wait for shipping.

I had built a short rack for all of this - Jim and Robbh gave me tips on perf panels so I got them via PartsExpress a week or so back. So, I put the coolest running piece (crossover) near the bottom), a blank panel, then the low power 6230, then the other blank, then the D-75. I had the low end running on the 6230 and the highsplit on the D-75 - until I sold it!

Last Saturday morning I put some spare gear for sale here. When I got back from the Farmer's Market a bit later I had a PM from the mysterious Don Mascali (actually a very nice guy!) who came out, listened to it, and took all that gear off my hands for a fair price. Even the Crown D-75 ... except ... my 6260 Amp didn't come in the Saturday mail! OMG - not enough amps!

So I rebuilt the minirack. Thank goodness for banana jacks! I swapped lines and put the 6230 on the high split. I have a Citation 22 (bridged) on my B-380 for Subwoofer duties, so I pulled it and temporarily put it in place for the low-split feeding the 2234s in the 4341s. And we enjoyed movies and the latest Doctor Who episode "Don't Blink" over the weekend (one of the best yet!).

The JBL 6260 amp arrived yesterday Parcel Post from Bethlehem PA, so I pulled the Citation and put it on the top rack position. Darned rack is over 100 lbs now - but hopefully I won't have to move it very often! Plus, I like the idea of JBL electronics feeding JBL Monitors ... and sounds good!

Like Bo says, I think I have some work to do to fine tune everything - but I'm still waiting on a pair of 2122s and some possible work on the LPads for the 2405s ...

meanwhile we're having a great time just enjoying the sound!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hey, Heather, that's a nice rack you've got there. You've done a good job.

I tried like six different ways to write that and each one was more tortured than the one before it, so finally I gave up and just wrote what I meant. No offense intended and no innuendo.

The reconed 2122s arrived from NY today - so I pulled the 2123Hs and put the 2122s in the cabinet ...

Pair of side-by side images (2123 is on the right)

Heather ,

Enjoy the 2122's.

Is that the handle of your Vacume cleaner I see in for foreground?

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post
    Heather ,

Enjoy the 2122's.

Is that the handle of your Vacume cleaner I see in for foreground?

Ian
    Is that a dagger I see before me?

Not a vacuum, but a Black & Decker LED flashlight!

Now I'll answer the indirect question: - The pale blue carpet is stained (previous owner of the house). It looks much worse under xenon camera flash than it does in normal lighting. Actually you can barely see it under sunlight or normal lamps.
    I have run a steam cleaner over it a number of times but although it reduces the stain, it never fully goes away. I want to rip up the old dirty carpet and replace it with wood flooring - but Emma wants to hold off (!).
    Eventually, I will win ... but its a waiting game ...

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Is that a dagger I see before me?

Not a vacuum, but a flashlight!

Now I'll answer the indirect question: - The pale blue carpet is stained (previous owner of the house). It looks much worse under xenon camera flash than it does in normal lighting. Actually you can barely see it under sunlight or normal lamps.
    I have run a steam cleaner over it a number of times but although it reduces the stain, it never fully goes away. I want to rip up the old dirty carpet and replace it with wood flooring - but Emma wants to hold off (!).
    Eventually, I will win ... but its a waiting game ...

This thread seems to be dog-tracking!!!

Maybe time to get some 4350,s

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    This thread seems to be dog-tracking!!!

Maybe time to get some 4350,s
    No room, no room!
    I barely fit what we have! (New photo justified due to installation of 2122s 10 inchers!) ...
    4350s won't go ... Unless I stand them on end ... maybe ...

(Note big vinyl in room from weekend: Jimmie Spheeris, Hawkwind (glared out) & Captain Lockheed)

!

Heather,

No indirect Question..I never noticed!

. And we enjoyed movies and the latest Doctor Who episode "Don't Blink" over the weekend (one of the best yet!)
    Heather -

I had not seen Dr. Who for 30 years....tonite PBS ran an epsidode called ""The End of the World"

(The Doctor takes Rose on her first voyage through time to witness the death of Earth.)

While somewhat insane ...it sure was entertaining...hope they run more
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Thread Information