Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Looky What I just got - 4341 Monitors

Congrats!!!!

Hi Heather,
    concrats on the new acquisition. They were built for you.They look great too!!!
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by riessen View Post
    What IF someone out there had a brand new pair of 4341 grilles, covered with Zilch Cloth - and what IF someone out there had a brand new pair of ORIGINAL factory 4341 baffle foil-cals.
    if such wondrous things did exist, someone in Virginia would certainly be VERY interested in learning more and procuring such unobtainium!
    How might one find out about such a delightful possiblity?
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by riessen View Post
    What IF someone out there had a brand new pair of 4341 grilles, covered with Zilch Cloth - and what IF someone out there had a brand new pair of ORIGINAL factory 4341 baffle foil-cals.

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    if such wondrous things did exist, someone in Virginia would certainly be VERY interested in learning more and procuring such unobtainium!
    Heather,
    I would say he was da man, that will be good for you to finish and make them pretty.

Jeff
    J/S-S1A
    Jeff-S1A

One Must Be Patient

One must be patient until the next time I go over to my shop to check for sure that I in fact do have this extra pair of grilles. I'm sure that back when I restored a pair of 4341's a year or so ago, that I built two pairs of grilles. I intend some day to scratch build a pair of 4341's and therefore didn't mind having an extra pair. I can always build some more.

One also has two pairs of NOS foil cals with serial numbers on them. I know this for sure and you can have one of these pairs - price to be determined. One also hates to tells you that I also has ONE and only ONE pair of 4341 grille badges but I must keep them, along with a pair of foil cals since it's my destiny to eventually build a pair of 4341's. I was going to have repro badges made but there are not enough takers to meet the minimum that I would need to have made. I'll let you know if something changes on that in the future.

Hi Heather,

I sure like the way you go after a good pair of speakers.

I do have one suggestion though, for you, and for the seller (or your neighbor), who is making big mistakes in the photo you have up there of him leaning way over and hauling on, what, 175 pounds of speaker?--you wouldn't want a nice guy to hurt his back, now would you? Using a hand truck also tends to preserve speakers, because you get a better hold on them and there are fewer mishaps.

Available at a variety of price points. When I took delivery of my 4345's I went out and bought a cheap appliance dolly. An appliance dolly has strapping to hold the load on, so you can guide and haul the load with both arms and both legs straight, even and balanced.

David
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Thanks for your thoughtfulness!
    We did have my handy dandy folding handtruck ($40 available from Lowes) - it collapses down the handles and the bed and wheels pivot and fold flat - its really very small when folded. I got it when I chased down those 4320s in Philly, used it for the L200 cabinets from Aberdeen (Md), and now these 4341s. Its in the back of my truck at all times, so I don't get tempted to just lift something, and its in its box, so it doesn't bang up the back of the CRV when I'm thrashing it around like a sportscar.

What you are seeing in this photo is the speaker on the handtruck, with the truck tilted low so we can lift/roll it over a significant bump at the threshold to the loading dock - roughly 4 - 4 1/2 foot above the packing lot. The only real lifting was did was when we passed it down from the loading dock into the Honda. I had the inside lined with spare cardboard boxes so we could slide it safely on them in the truck. After we got home Emma and I spun the speakers and, with a sheet of cardboard in place, slide them out over the tailgate and tilted them down to the drive (on the feet). Eased the handtruck under the feet then rolled it down the sidewalk and into the kitchen. Emma helped me guide it over our stoop, but again, very little actual lifting - I am VERY careful about my back - (bad sciatica already).

Thanks for the helpful thoughts!

Quote Originally Posted by speakerdave View Post
    Hi Heather,

I sure like the way you go after a good pair of speakers.

I do have one suggestion though, for you, and for the seller (or your neighbor), who is making big mistakes in the photo you have up there of him leaning way over and hauling on, what, 175 pounds of speaker?--you wouldn't want a nice guy to hurt his back, now would you?

David
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4

Heather, you're on top of it

Well, thought out(not surprised), saw the opportunity, made the offer, closed the deal, brought the right transport gear and voila!!!!Beautiful speakers. Well done.
    Last edited by JBLRaiser; 05-07-2007 at 03:54 AM. Reason: sp.

Quote Originally Posted by JBLRaiser View Post
    Well, thought out(not surprised), saw the opportunity, made the offer, closed the deal, brought the right transport gear and voila!!!!Beautiful speakers. Well done.
    Bless your heart - thanks a bunch!

Well those do look nice! Great score!

Rob

Great job Heather, could you crank them a little, to see if I can hear them in the SW part of the state??

Quote Originally Posted by fotodan View Post
    Great job Heather, could you crank them a little, to see if I can hear them in the SW part of the state??
    Not yet, but soon - I've modified one speaker with a biAmp connect plate - with luck I may get the second one configured for that by mid-week ... tho it'll hafta be the HK Citation 22 for the woofers right now - every JBL amp I bought (used) has been DOA so far!

. . . . - every JBL amp I bought (used) has been DOA so far!
    That's really sad, but that's ebay.

David

Quote Originally Posted by speakerdave View Post
    That's really sad, but that's ebay.

David
    yeah, the first seller was a crank and a scumbag (6260), the second is genuinely surprised and is working with me - tho I have to pull the amp from the rack, open it up and have a look (6230).

Of course we have also been kinda busy elsewhere this weekend (chasing speakers, plus yardwork - I even mowed the lawn again Sunday!) and the azaleas are blooming bigtime right now ... nearly peaked! So, its worthwhile to grab a cool brew and sit outside and just soak in all the colors and sounds - birds singing everywhere - even the hummingbirds appeared last week ...

yeah, the first seller was a crank and a scumbag (6260), the second is genuinely surprised and is working with me - tho I have to pull the amp from the rack, open it up and have a look (6230).
    That's nice, but you get to do the work and of course you're out the freight. He could have hooked it up once.

. . . . the azaleas are blooming bigtime right now ... nearly peaked
    Glory be! (as my grandmother used to say).

David

Heather, I just noticed your reference to The Blue Nile. Good taste!

Thread Information