Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Looky What I just got - 4341 Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    Heather -

I had not seen Dr. Who for 30 years....tonite PBS ran an epsidode called ""The End of the World"

(The Doctor takes Rose on her first voyage through time to witness the death of Earth.)

While somewhat insane ...it sure was entertaining...hope they run more
    Everyone remembers Tom Baker's Doctor Who from the 70s - tall guy with a funny grin, curly hair and the long scarf. Overly long stories with lots of running around. Rubber suit monsters and cheap special effects.

Every so often the Doctor is wounded/injured and reboots (regenerates) into a new actor. Tom Baker was the 4th Doctor. Budgets got tight and the show finally ended in the 80s with the 7th Doctor. There was a made for TV movie in the 90s but it didn't catch on

This new series has been a lot different. Good scripts (mostly), nicely shot and good cgi/special effects work. Modern TV well done, basically.
    Its one of the top 7 shows on the BBC right now ... huge audience.

The 1st new season has the 9th Doctor Who, played by Christopher Eccleston. I really got to like him (look up some of his other stuff - like "Shallow Grave" with Ewan McGregor, or "Second Coming"). He even did a small part on the NBC show "Heroes" last season.

The End of the World was the 2nd show of the first new season - the BBC just finished airing the 3rd season of the new series. SciFi channel runs them on Friday night - but they are running the 3rd season now.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Rose is history !

Heather,
    The christmas special see's the debut of Kylie Minouge as the Doctor's side kick. That will get some serious ratings.
    Rich,

Quote Originally Posted by richluvsound View Post
    Heather,
    The Christmas special see's the debut of Kylie Minouge as the Doctor's side kick. That will get some serious ratings.
    Rich,
    Sure - I was trying not to dump spoilers for the US viewers ...
    Seawoff had only seen Episode 27-02 ... the second of the Eccleston-Rose episodes, too early to tell 'im that Doctor was history, replaced by young Casanova (grin), and Rose was left behind and replaced by a (medical) Doctor in training ...
    besides, the Season 3 finale is why I hunted down Life on Mars, to see what else that John Simm guy had done (we are halfway through LOM season 2 ... and think that series was Brilliant!).

But I heard Kylie was a singer on the Ship (no spoilers), not a formal "companion" - anyway, Freyma is off to Torchwood (we don't get that one stateside - tho I've enjoyed most of them, but I guess shagging aliens is too much for fussy Americans). But John Barrowman (Cap'n Jack) is a hoot!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4

Dr Who.

Its on 7.30 pm Saturdays dow here. Crazy time slot.

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Seawoff had only seen Episode 27-02 ... the second of the Eccleston-Rose episodes, too early to tell 'im that Doctor was history, replaced by young Casanova (grin), and Rose was left behind and replaced by a (medical) Doctor in training !
    AW ...I kinda liked Rose, and this DrWho is pretty good too..........the "tree woman" was well done also

geeze ..great scheduling for a geezer who craps out at 9:30

Sunday
    • 04:00am
      • 10 KOPB
        The End of the World

The Doctor takes Rose on her first voyage through time to witness the death of Earth.
        The Doctor takes Rose on her first voyage through time to witness the death of Earth.
    • 05:00pm
    Thursday

• 10:00pm
      • 10 KOPB
        The Unquiet Dead

The Doctor and Rose return to 1869, where Charles Dickens joins them in the battle against the Gelth…more
        The Doctor and Rose return to 1869, where Charles Dickens joins them in the battle against the Gelth.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Next step in the 4341 progress. - I had gotten a pair of 2231s reconed as 2235s from Chas about 6 months back (I traded a pair of 2123s for them) - they HAD been working as the woofs in my L200+ (3ways), over the long weekend I had a chance to pull the 2234s from the 4341s and swap them for the 2235s from Chas.
    The plan was to get all the right drivers into the 4341s - and this should do it!

After restacking all the gear on the downstairs speakers, we had some listening tests - Emma says its the rare case where both sets of speakers sound better afterwards!

- I'm thinking crossover upgrades and grills will be the next project, later this year ...

Comparison shot of the two different styles of 15s ...
    Left: 2231A reconed as 2235, (now in the 4341 Monitor)
    Right: 2234H (pulled from the 4341, now in the L200 3-way)

Photos shot with new Canon G9, courtesy of my honey for m'birthday!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

- I'm thinking crossover upgrades and grills will be the next project, later this year ...

I will let you know how it goes...

Next step in the 4341 progress. -

Comparison shot of the two different styles of 15s ...
    Left: 2231A reconed as 2235, (now in the 4341 Monitor)
    Right: 2234H (pulled from the 4341, now in the L200 3-way)

Photos shot with new Canon G9, courtesy of my honey for m'birthday!
    Happy birthday , and thanks for the pics & descriptions. Making 2235s of the 2231s in my 4333As is definitely on the to-do list, once cash starts to flow again.

je

I pulled the 2235s and swapped the 2234s into the L200+ (3ways) & put the 2235s into the 4341s
    After restacking all the gear on the downstairs speakers, we had some listening tests - Emma says its the rare case where both sets of speakers sound better afterwards!
    And while looking through my old L200 from Aberdeen thread I found this (03-14-07):

Quote Originally Posted by Zilch View Post
    Do 2234Hs play well a little higher? They're 2235H without the mass ring. Only used in 4435 monitors, but there's been plenty of discussion of them in the forums.

(Some stuff trimmed - H)

Of note: 2234H is the recommended replacement woofer for the original L200, which was crossed at 1200 Hz: http://manuals.harman.com/JBL/HOM/Te...L200A%20ts.pdf
    Pretty on-the-money I'd say!

Pretty on-the-money I'd say!

Well yes and no!

After swapping woofers last week, I still had a 60 cycle hum. Now, I didn't expect the woofer change to fix that, but I had done a number of things before trying to cure it, but - that was when the biamp rack was on the right speaker.
    I remember reading an earlier thread where Boputnam mentioned that system worked best when they were on a common power outlet. I'd been afraid to do that before, but yesterday while I was home for the ice storm, I swapped the amps left and right.

I ran a long sub input line to the right for the Citation 22 sub amp - I had moved the B380 to the right a few weeks back, so it makes sense having that amp near it now.

Biamp rack is now on the left speaker, just a short distance from the Front L, R preamp out ports that feet the 552. Hum was reduced but still there, so I followed a tip from Subwoof last time he was here and put a 3 wire to 2 wire AC adapter on the short orange grounded cord that powers the biamp rack, lifting the AC ground. That dropped the humm level further.

We played some CDs this morning and the hum is almost below threshold now, even with the amps cranked up. I did hear a bit more hum when watching a DVD today, but that may be a bit of ground spillage from the CATV - and I did order one of those screw on CATV isolation gadgets that looks like an RF attenuator from Parts Express ...

Excuse the picture - I'm still getting used to the camera ...

Heather,

I haven't followed this thread but just the last post. I have hum in my system. I know where it comes from. 2 connections, the SMS1 when powered off and with my current cable coax. I used to get it from my computer power supply until I did the 3>2 prong adapter trick also used it the SMS 1 which at least cuts it out when powered on.

I have a different cable on my cable box now which is the hum I hope. I am waiting for a friend to redo my original cable (had to cut the end off to pull through the floor) and borrowed another form a different unused location in the house. either way pull the cable no hum. It is also reduced with my panamax surge protector hook up for cable for now.

Steve V who has posted here in the past and donator of your 60t grills may be coming over in the near future to look for the lost bass in my house along w/my other friend Wifredo. I will let you know more when I do in case you are interested. Might be interesting and probably fun

Mark
    Changing to Legacy Audio and started with a Silver Screen HD for my center between the 250TIs

Link to parts Express CATV hum bucker -

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=180-075

It can't hurt, and its less than $10, under $20 shipped!

It can't hurt, and its less than $10, under $20 shipped!
    Actually it might hurt... higher frequencies and some digital cable channels will not pass through inexpensive transformers.

We use the Jensen Isomax VRD-1FF. It costs about $60 but it is of the highest quality and will pass higher frequency digital channels.

Widget

+1 on the ISOMAX products.

je

Thread Information