Thread: L300 internal wiring help needed.

L300 internal wiring help needed.

I recently acquired a pair of L300, alnico model, which was in the process of being parted out. Actually, there was a listing for a 077 tweeter, and I soon found out that the same seller was also listing the LE85. Curious, I called the seller who told me that he was planning to list a pair of the 136A woofers, N333 networks, and the cabinet enclosures soon, too. So I told him that I might be interested in buying the whole gamut, and that I wanted to come over and inspect the lot before I decided. He agreed. Two days later I made the hour drive to his house, and saw that all the components, including the walnut cabinet and glass tops, looked to be in pretty good condition. They would have been described as 'very good' had the speakers were sold as 'whole'. Cosmetically, only minimal work would be needed to improve that rating to an 'almost mint'. For example, the smoked glass panels were totally intact and just needed the felt board underneath to be replaced. Small areas of the base just needed some wood putty and re-painting, and the walnut veneer basically just needed a cleaning, plus a generous coating of Watco's natural walnut oil. Just the woofer's surrounds had rotted out, which would require either a re-foaming or re-coning. Essentially, he was going to part out a perfectly good L300 system. The seller had tested the system, with a small battery operated amp and said that the tweeters and the mids seemed fine, but that since the woofers were in the shape they were he hadn't really 'heard' how this particular model really sounded. What a pity! Anyway, I made him an offer for the whole and he accepted, and so here I am with all the necessary items for a pair of L300.

I got the L300 network schematics from another thread here, so I can figure out the correct wiring from the N333 to the three drivers. However, have no information as to the detailed wiring to the L-pads. Can anybody here tell me how the thick grey shielded wire which has the six colored smaller wires in it attaches to the L-pad connectors? The seller can't help because, not being a JBL-phile as we are, was not concerned with re-assembling the system, and so didn't keep any documentation or photos of the original wiring.

Any help would be grealty appreciated. Thanks.

Steve K

Solved.

A local used audio store technician was kind in giving me the necessary info.
    Thanks anyway.
    Steve K

Thread Information