Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
If you want this place to survive try contributing in a positive manner by adding real substance to these forums.
Exactly.
Quote Originally Posted by rek50 View Post
April 03-April 07

Whew, over 7,961 posts.

HEY, This forum STILL has grade A, rock solid information and data. Like
diamonds "Hidden" in a mine, or chunks of gold in a stream, you have to "work" past the inevitable, predictable, "Din". Scrub the oyster, to find the pearl, type thing. Small price to pay for knowledge.

Carry On............
The start date was back in 2000 and the actual post count is roughly triple that but who's counting. You and others have brought up this point numerous times and my response has always been - those who actually have the most to contribute have fallen way behind. The simple explanation is this - at one time one could log on and scan the posts for pertinent questions and fire off answers to those questions. What has happened is that merely logging on has now become a daunting process with so much "content" to sift through for pertinent questions to provide proper answers to that it simply isn't a doable process any longer. You know what the answer to that has been? "Let them figure it all out themselves."

Nice post Heather.
Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
the Lansing Forum is basically a labor of love
You are correct in that it was a labor of love, and a ferocious one at that. I cannot express the amount of disappointment I have with the way this forum turned out. Oh well, I'll get over it someday.
Quote Originally Posted by kingjames View Post
This thread has drawn a lot of reply's both pro and con and won't die.Why is this? Very simple IMHO. You have removed the human element from this site.
If closing OT is removing the human element from the site then good riddance! I'm not even going to allow myself to continue on the rant I have brewing right now. Put your hands over your head and step away from the keyboard!

BTW - I do know what you mean and I understand where you are coming from. It is extremely easy for me to argue for either side.