Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Member Count and Zero Post Members

Member Count and Zero Post Members

Don't be surprised if you see the number going the wrong way. I have started deleting spam accounts and also accounts where there has been no activity for over 2 years. Eventually I will be deleting Zero post accounts in mass. There are literally thousands of bogus spam accounts mixed in with real Zero post members. I will try not to delete any active accounts however there is always the possibility I will make a mistake. I would ask any Zero post member who frequents the Forum with any regularity to please post at least once. That way I know you are an active member and you won't accidentally get cropped.

Thanks Rob

Now this is definately a plus.

Thanks for announcing this in advance and for giving members a chance to do something before being surprised by an unannounced change.

This is a definite plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    Don't be surprised if you see the number going the wrong way. I will try not to delete any active accounts however there is always the possibility I will make a mistake.
    Thanks Rob
    And loving it Chief.

Strange. When this was suggested by me some time ago, I got a lot of pepper. Now, it's ok.

Here is the thread:

MEMBERS OF LHF ( 1 2 3)

Morning Rolf

So you are not happy we decided too do this??

Rob

Morning Rolf

Rob
    Weird - it was his idea - with the bonus of warning non-post folks before it happens.
    What's not to like?

(I have noticed a lot of new spamming in the forums in the last few days - tho the mods DO wipe it up pretty quickly)
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Weird - it was his idea - with the bonus of warning non-post folks before it happens.
    What's not to like?
    I understand. Between the farting and ketchup-on-hot-dog posts there was very little support for the idea of clearing out the dormant members. Fair enough that Rolf is now wondering why his idea that was met with little-to-no support then is now being adopted by the mods. I didn't get that he was any less supportive of it, just wondering what changed among the mods that it was now supported. IMHO, of course....

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolf View Post
    Strange. When this was suggested by me some time ago, I got a lot of pepper. Now, it's ok.

Here is the thread:

MEMBERS OF LHF ( 1 2 3)
    It had to be looked into just like closing the OT which was first mentioned years ago. Since Don relaxed the requirements of image viewing back in 3rd quarter of last year there really shouldn't be too much of an impact. Those who wish to still use PM's can rejoin if they desire. And the idea to whack the zero posts has also been around a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    I understand. Between the farting and ketchup-on-hot-dog posts there was very little support for the idea of clearing out the dormant members. Fair enough that Rolf is now wondering why his idea that was met with little-to-no support then is now being adopted by the mods. I didn't get that he was any less supportive of it, just wondering what changed among the mods that it was now supported. IMHO, of course....
    I think what we don't see is that the mods are pretty spread out so they are different schedules and clocks. From the OT discussion it sounds like they discuss any major change for a while before it gets implemented.
    It looks like its just over a month since Rolf proposed it ... (March 15th). http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...64&postcount=1

5 weeks/30 days seems like a pretty reasonable turnaround time to me.

I mean, this IS an international forum
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    From the OT discussion it sounds like they discuss any major change for a while before it gets implemented.
    Pretty much for years and at least twenty times too many.

I would ask any Zero post member who frequents the Forum with any regularity to please post at least once. That way I know you are an active member and you won't accidentally get cropped.

Thanks Rob

I find this a reasonable thing to ask the zero post members and I think the whole idea is wonderful..

However, i must scratch my head in wonderment at the timing of it, because I keep thinking WHERE will all of these people ( if there are many ) going to POST????

Seems the most logical forum would have been the Off Topic, so as not to mess up the "better" forums ( that is one of the biggest complains from the moderators over the years isn't it?)... Maybe we could have deleted the OT forum AFTER doing this..

then again maybe I've missed the point and the Moderators want the other "better" forums overwhelmed with many trival posts just so people aren't deleted.

So...to all you zero's, please post here to keep the rest of the forums clean..

thank you

Morning Rolf

Rob
    Yes I am happy with it. Just confused over the "dime flip".

But I have seen this before, both in my work and not to mention in politics. When the boss(es) find it ok ... then it's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolf View Post
    Yes I am happy with it. Just confused over the "dime flip".

But I have seen this before, both in my work and not to mention in politics. When the boss(es) find it ok ... then it's ok.
    In the U.S. it's called NIH ( Not Invented Here)

However, i must scratch my head in wonderment at the timing of it, because I keep thinking WHERE will all of these people ( if there are many ) going to POST????
    Hello JBLsince1959

Well to stay on Topic I figured logically they could just drop a post here in this thread. But that's just me.

just wondering what changed among the mods that it was now supported.
    So you know why. Spending some time looking at the new accounts and looking at the IP adresses. This is an example. All spam accounts, coupled with watching 20 or more a day of the same just waiting to SPAM us like Heather noticed. 21 from a single IP. Giskard is correct this was discussed long before Rolf droped his post up.

Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information