Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 045Be - Super Tweeter

norealtalent
    I have consistently told him,"I'll believe it when I see them." He says UPS Wednesday. In the mean time, anyone can purchase them through here:
    http://www.harman-japan.co.jp/products/jbl_cons/435be.htm

NRT-

Oh yeah? Well, a TAD is better any day of the week.
    You should have saved yourself some dough and bought a pair of 4001 CDs and bolted them straight into a 2397/8 without using a silly (additional) 1.5-2" adapter.

And at the extreme UHF extensions- the 045Be is only good for dolphin trainers. I was just curious...

I wouldn't believe the guy about the whole UPS thing. Did he give you a tracking number?

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by hapy._.face
    Oh yeah? Well, a TAD is better any day of the week.
    Actually that isn't true.

And JBL is fully aware of TAD products.

Hi Giskard,
    I wish we knew each other better- it was a joke.
    I fully agree with you.
    NRT knows I'm kidding- we've had long discussions about it.
    I'd take the 435Be over a TAD 4001 for the lower extension and overall rarity/cool factor. Though I've yet to hear the TAD 4001 so perhaps it's foolish to say.
    So while we are on the subject (sort of)- were you impressed with the 435Be and/or the 045Be? No need for a review- I'd just like to know what your overall opinion is. Thank you!

Steve Gonzales

435's

Impossible!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

It's no secret- I've been drooling over the K29800 for some time now...

Let me remind everyone-
    An individual component may be outdone by another. We get so caught up in this- we must forget (or something). Kinda stupid, actually.
    The combination of certain components can be greater than the sum of it's individual parts. Audio 101 part 1.
    Sure, the 045be, 435Be, and even the 1500AL can all be mopped up with other individual components.
    But, how many of you have actually heard the K2-9800?

norealtalent
    Mopped up? I don't think so. You might do well to watch your words before somebody flips that horn upsidedown and your avatar becomes a "sadface."

Oh, there's a better midrange out there. It can be mopped. BUT- find another pair. They are extremely rare. AND That makes them not only great performers- but cool as hell! That's the big diff.

No matter how much of a baddass one thinks they are- there's always a bigger and badder "ass" out there...

Obsolete
    even the 1500AL can all be mopped up with other individual components
    Now that I'd have to see!

I believe I get your point though.

Quote Originally Posted by Giskard
    Now that I'd have to see!

You mean hear, right?
    You do see what woofers are in my avatar, don't you?
    I think I "see" what the 1500AL is all about..

I know you get my point, but lemme drive it home for everyone else that may not get my point.

papers aside-
    It all depends on what you value in a woofer. No question- the 1500AL is super fast, but even a 2235H can comfortably go lower with a lot less strain than the 1500AL. Diff strokes- diff folks. However, put that same 2235H in a three way config with the 435 and tell me how it sounds..like crap, I'm sure. It can't go as high. No woofer does it ALL. You have to trade something off for specialized performance in one area. And for those of you that consider a woofer/tweeter,mid, etc that can do it all- it probably has more to do with the other drivers and how well it all comes together that makes you THINK it's doing it all.

Same goes for the 045Be, and 435Be. Right? It's all relative to the scenario. Isolating a single driver and analyzing it's pros and cons as an individual proves little (with exception to the R&D people). You have to ask yourself- what was it designed to do? and what was it designed to perform with ?

:dont-know

Obsolete
    We can never have enough posts with respect to design intent and application? I know I've posted dozens. Invariably it is pointless to do so. People will do whatever they want regardless.

Steve Gonzales
    It's no secret- I've been drooling over the K29800 for some time now...

Let me remind everyone-
    An individual component may be outdone by another. We get so caught up in this- we must forget (or something). Kinda stupid, actually.
    The combination of certain components can be greater than the sum of it's individual parts. Audio 101 part 1.
    Sure, the 045be, 435Be, and even the 1500AL can all be mopped up with other individual components.
    But, how many of you have actually heard the K2-9800?
    In my attempts to make a point about performance, I often use the Corvette. Don't laugh yet. When you see a 1953 or a 2006, you will immediately recognize it as a Corvette, right?. Yet, in reality, there is nothing in common except their lineage. Both have a cool "X" factor that sets them apart from the rest. Would a new ZO6 engine be too cool in a 53', you bet your bottom dollar it would be!. The Be./AL combo in the K2 is the tangible link to the past and the culmination of what has been learned, the evolution, if you will, the best of the best. There are alot of members here that would love to plop $30k down and have some K2's, including me. That is the best case scenario, but most of us can't spare the dough. So the second best option (for some) is to try and acquire the best parts we can and build the next best thing, within our means. I know that some people don't understand that. But whatever the case is, one thing is constant, they have to be JBL drivers. So, I've got a pair of 435Be.'s and I've got some LE85's, hmmmm, which ones to use? Exactly!. So what if brand x's has a small edge in performance in a certain parameter?. It's not JBL. A Ford 427 SOHC motor can mop a ZO6 motor in absolute hp, do I want it in my Vette, hell no!. When someone says brand x driver will mop up a XXX driver, then you say, listen to a K2, that's where the sum of the parts is greater than the whole. For some of us, this is a journey and a learning process. If with all our efforts to piece together our dream speaker, we find that it comes full circle back to an absolutely stock JBL model, then so be it. Til' then, I'll seek out the best of the best parts that I can obtain within my means and will enjoy the journey. The K2 is a Statement speaker. JBL doesn't need me to confirm that.

norealtalent
    I'd LOVE a 427 SOHC in my vette, then I wouldn't have to push all the time! Oh, I thought you meant chevette...

norealtalent
    NRT-

I wouldn't believe the guy about the whole UPS thing. Did he give you a tracking number?
    Dude delivered them to me personally!!! Who needs a tracking #?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Now that's a couple of happy faces!

Thread Information