Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Everest DD66000 comes to Sweden.

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by merlin View Post
    No - every time I heard them the bottom end was slow and ponderous in comparison with the 476be - fat too - causing a rather disjointed presentation with non audiophool music. The timing simply wasn't there - that rythmnic snap we Brits take for granted.
    Bizarre.

My thoughts too. I'll hopefully get the chance to hear them sounding more cohesive in the future - getting to hear them outside of the Far East isn't easy though.

I flew out to Japan in the real expectation that I might have to remortgage but came back wanting a pair of E2's that sounded like Westlake towers. I'm going to have to try that E2 bottom end here at home at some point I suspect.

pangea

Everest DD66000 dissappointment

The Everest DD66000, recently landed in Stockholm and yes, I went there for a chance to listen.

Perhaps my expectations were to high, I don't know, but anyways, I was deeply disapointed.
    I mean, for that scalper price, I'd expect them to deliver sufficiently, all the way down to the edge of human hearing. But not only was I dissappointed at the low end, the music was also somewhat lifeless. Ok, that could possibly be accounted to the anechoic room, but never the less, dissappointing.

I talked to the manager and told him what I thoght and also suggested that there was something missing in the HF region.
    I had some CD's with me and played among others, a song by the late Chris Jones, where there are som crickets in the background in the left channel, which I have no problem hearing on my speakers.

At that time, I think the manager was a bit irritated of my comments and then he said, "perhaps you hear things, that no one else can hear",... abit rude, I wouldn't you say.

But my friend that was with me, confirmed that my old 2441 with ti dia's from a 2451, had no problems with the detailing all instuments, as well as the crickets.

Then the manager dived down to x-overpanel and after som tweaking, the crickets appeared.
    But don't think he appologised for his rude comments,... no he just left the room and I didn't bother argueing, whether the 2441 was as good as the one in the Everest, or not. In his mind, there was not a chance that the 2441 could be as good as in the Everest.

BR
    Roland

lfh
    Hi Roland,

I'm very sorry to hear that the representative (someone from Harman Consumer Scandinavia?) didn't act respectfully, and that the system apparently wasn't setup properly

Where were they demoed? At Audio Concept? I hope there's still a chance to hear them before they continue the tour.

Regards,
    Fredrik

PS
    The folks selling the JBL pro stuff (Septon) are very nice: We've had 7 monitors an one sub on loan several weeks now for evaluation.

pangea
    Quote Originally Posted by lfh View Post
    Hi Roland,

I'm very sorry to hear that the representative (someone from Harman Consumer Scandinavia?) didn't act respectfully, and that the system apparently wasn't setup properly

Where were they demoed? At Audio Concept? I hope there's still a chance to hear them before they continue the tour.

Regards,
    Fredrik

PS
    The folks selling the JBL pro stuff (Septon) are very nice: We've had 7 monitors an one sub on loan several weeks now for evaluation.
    Hi Fredrik!

It was one of the two, working at Audio Concept, I think it was the Norwegian guy.
    But I imagine, that they must believe that the drivers of the Everest, are very much better, than my old "surplus" drivers... I mean considering the astronomical price difference there just has to be a huge sonic difference, right!?
    Who would otherwise spend 66 000 $, if there is no apparent noticeable difference???

One might even question their competence, since it took a "troll" from the deep forest, to make them aware that the speakers weren't set up properly.

I agree that the JBL personnel at Septon probably wouldn't have dissed me like that, but who knows for sure, when there are always profits to be made...

BR
    Roland

PS: I don't know if they are still in Stockholm. If they are gone, don't be too upset. If you expect to feel the walls rumbling and feel the the horse kicking you in the chest, you need to seek elswhere. It simply wasn't there in the Everest. To me it was dull and lifeless, even if it partly is to be blamed on the room. DS

PPS: God fortsättning! DDS

Thread Information