Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Everest DD66000 comes to Sweden.

Quote Originally Posted by Giskard View Post
    The performance of the Array Series as been a real hit worldwide. Japan can't get past the visual aspects though so the plan is to introduce a replacement series (at the same price points) that incorporate all direct radiators instead. Something along the lines of an enhanced Performance Series. Naturally all this could change and never come to pass but it's nice to hear of future plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by lfh View Post
    Is it the "443x syndrome" again? I really hope not (one would have expected the society to have made some progress in this respect since the 80:s).
    It's funny how we see different things when we read. I didn't even remember most of the first two sentences of Giskard's post, but the third one stuck in my mind.

I'd love to see that come to pass, although the new Revel Ultima2 Studio and Salon speakers come to mind (but without a bass driver like an LE14H-3).

lfh
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    It's funny how we see different things when we read. I didn't even remember most of the first two sentences of Giskard's post, but the third one stuck in my mind.
    Indeed -- I quickly read and forgot the direct radiator part

MJC
    Quote Originally Posted by JBLnsince1959 View Post
    The downstairs is MY room for that..the rule was originally...Honey..you can have the entire house BUT the downstairs is MINE ( you know..what happens downstairs STAYS downstairs)..wishful thinking..it's still MY room BUT I have to put up with the occasional "comments"

Anyway..thanks for the reviews....
    My whole house is MY ROOM, got rid the the wife years ago.
    But seriously, how big of a room is needed for the Everest?
    I know the 250Ti need a fairly large room to sound good. Where as the smaller L212 can play in any room.

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by MJC View Post
    But seriously, how big of a room is needed for the Everest?
    It doesn't need as big a room as the 250Ti to sound really good. It will sound good in smaller rooms. I'm running the E2 bottom end in a 15 x 24 right now and it is fascinating.

MJC
    The performance of the Array Series as been a real hit worldwide. Japan can't get past the visual aspects though so the plan is to introduce a replacement series (at the same price points) that incorporate all direct radiators instead. Something along the lines of an enhanced Performance Series. Naturally all this could change and never come to pass but it's nice to hear of future plans.
    How the hell will they get direct radiators to sound like horns?
    The Everest, from what I've read, doesn't sound like horns, but the Everest is a breed of its own.

Obsolete
    They won't. And they don't have to. They already have the horn market sewn up in Japan. Evidently they have some latitude to experiment and try new products.

MJC
    It doesn't need as big a room as the 250Ti to sound really good. It will sound good in smaller rooms. I'm running the E2 bottom end in a 15 x 24 right now and it is fascinating.
    Lets see, if I sell the house, move farther out of town, put up a double wide, I should have enough money for a pair of Everest.
    Some food for thought.
    Too bad the housing market, around here, is so bad right now.

Obsolete
    Yep. I'm pretty cranky over that whole thing.

Why would they want to?

They already have the Array Series for that.

It'd be nice to have a series of direct radiators above the Performance Series. Apparently Revel thought so; perhaps just close Revel down in the reorg and let Greg Timbers make some righteous JBLs out of those Ultima2s. Oh yeah.

We have lost over 100k in equity here in AZ. on our home in one year, talk about cranky!!!!

J/S-S1A
    Jeff-S1A

MJC
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    Why would they want to?

They already have the Array Series for that.

It'd be nice to have a series of direct radiators above the Performance Series. Apparently Revel thought so; perhaps just close Revel down in the reorg and let Greg Timbers make some righteous JBLs out of those Ultima2s. Oh yeah.
    I took Giskard's comment as meaning, in Japan they like the sound of the Array but not the orientation of the horns.
    If you like the Revels, just buy them.
    One of these days I'll have to get over to Squaw Valley, there is a dealer there that sells Revels. I've never heard them.

I took Giskard's comment as meaning, in Japan they like the sound of the Array but not the orientation of the horns.
    If you like the Revels, just buy them.
    One of these days I'll have to get over to Squaw Valley, there is a dealer there that sells Revels. I've never heard them.
    I'm still waiting for the Ultima2 Salons to be available for audition. Announced last fall, available...?

It's easier to hear the Everest II. At least we have members who can assert that they exist. Not so with the Ultima2s.

And I might add that in the larger rooms I have heard the Everest in, the bass has been highly problematic and really let the speaker down. Sorry to be a dissenter, but I'd love to hear the speaker working as a cohesive whole.

Obsolete
    Oh I can see where one could end up with a really poor bottom end response. It's just the opposite of loading the response of something like a 4345 up in a corner.

No - every time I heard them the bottom end was slow and ponderous in comparison with the 476be - fat too - causing a rather disjointed presentation with non audiophool music. The timing simply wasn't there - that rythmnic snap we Brits take for granted.

I am sure it was a room/setup issue -although we had the same impression in three seperate rooms. It was disappointing for me - I really wanted to love the damn things. They look too damn sexy for their own good.

Thread Information