Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Everest DD66000 comes to Sweden.

Everest DD66000 comes to Sweden.

I´m very happy to say this: Everest DD66000 is coming to Sweden for a session in Helsingborg 28-29 April. Marina Plaza is the place and you need to make a reservation on Malmsjö hifi.

mats

Quote Originally Posted by matsj View Post
    I´m very happy to say this: Everest DD66000 is coming to Sweden for a session in Helsingborg 28-29 April. Marina Plaza is the place and you need to make a reservation on Malmsjö hifi.

mats

Reservation on www.malmsjohifi.se

Im there on Saturday 14,00-16,00 h

Se ya....

lfh

Wow!

Thanks for the heads up! When will you attend, Mats? I figure we should PM the other Swedes on the forum (Niklas, Pangea, ...).

BTW, do you know if they'll use a decent room? Marina Plaza is the big hotel in the heart of the city, close to the quay, right?

Regards,
    Fredrik

DD66000 i Helsingborg

Jeg er der lørdag den 28. april kl. 12-14. Jeg er ganske vist dansker, men bor i København, bare 50 km fra Helsingborg.

I have make a reservation 14-16 on saturday. I hope we can meet and talk a little. Swedish "SAM" is also going to be there 12-14 on saturday.

I have no idea how the room is, but you are right about the plaze just besides knutpunkten.

mats

How long time did it take before you received the confirmation of your enrolment for the JBL Everest DD66000 listening session in Helsingborg?

Hours, days?

I haven´t got mine yet.

mats

Confirmation

I received the confirmation (Swedish: reservationsbekräftelse) today that a seat has been reserved for me from 12-14 o'clock on Saturday 28 April.

I also got mine today, saturday 12-14 so we meet Jan.

mats

lfh
    Hi guys,

unfortunately I won't make it I got in touch with Pangea, and he can't attend either. This leaves NN for a potential delegation from Stockholm (I've sent him a PM).

Fredrik
    PS
    First time visitors to Helsingborg (if any): Don't forget to check out the beautiful modern architecture in the harbor, such as

http://www.helsingborg.se/templates/....aspx?id=20968

and

http://www.parapeten.se/welcome/index.html

as well as the view from the fortress

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:H...o_Fortress.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by lfh View Post
    First time visitors to Helsingborg (if any):
    Thank you for the tips. After so many years it is just like a first time visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoerninger View Post
    Thank you for the tips. After so many years it is just like a first time visit.

Peter!! Will you be there on saturday ??

/ Heinz

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz View Post
    Will you be there on saturday ??
    Hej,

I have convinced my wife that we take some free days.
    So we will arrive in Malmö on saturday afternoon coming from northern Germany.
    We are invited for Marina Plaza at "Söndagen klockan 11.00 till 13.00".

JBL Array 1400 and JBL DD66000 in Helsingborg, Sweden

I was fortunate to get an invitation by Malmsjö HiFi (Malmö, Sweden) to listen to these speakers. I can only give some impressions. It was not a real test session, neither did I know all the the music nor did I know much about the room with my listening position. It was a two hours session with a pause in the middle, but some fatique was inevitable.

Nevertheless it was a great joy to listen to these speakers.

It started with the Array 1400. We, the listeners, were guided by a JBL representant from Sweden as far as I have understood. We made an acoustical journey through the development of recording techniques with quite a few of well known examples. It started with Nat King Cole with a 1936 session. For me it was one of the most impressive demonstrations this day. What a liveliness and presence! Sometimes I asked myself, is this speaker without the flaws of so many others? I questioned because the reproduction of some pieces of music I did not like as a whole. But it had been the recordings. My final impression was, that the Array 1400 could deliver sound quality whatever the recording offered. Another piece of music I liked very much, I have never heard it in such a beautiful way before, "True Love Ways" by Buddy Holly.

The DD66000 we heard with carefully selected pieces of music, bad recordings were not an issue. The new Everest plays music without attracting attention. It was always very harmonic in a way I have never heard before with speakers. Recording with voices accompanied with acoustic instruments came so natural, it was a joy. I remember pretty well a tibetanian music with many percussive elements. It seemed trancending the speakers and guiding us into a room far away.

One aspect concerning the DD66000 I want to add, I can't remember anyone mentioned it before. The physical dimensions are huge, I had not expected it in such a way standing in front of them. I have always thought that they could fit my living room (hypothetical ) without dominating. Surprisingly my wife said, she liked the Array 1400 very much ...
    At the end of the session we had the chance to ask for special music. I would have liked to listen to some "full orchestra" sounds.

For this session I had ordered two CDs some days before, but unfortunately they did not arrive in time. But I want to mention them here:
    1. "Also sprach Zarathustra" by Richard Strauss
    Chicago Symphonie Orchestra conducted by Fritz Reiner
    stereo recording 1954 (!), living stereo SACD rereleased 2004
    2. "Pictures of an Exhibition" by Moussorgski
    The Cleveland Orchestra conducted by Lorin Maazel
    TELARC 1979

Besides the music Sweden presented itself in a very sunny springlike way at the end of April.
    Last edited by Hoerninger; 05-01-2007 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Fritz Reiner (kind assistance by Jan Daugaard)

Obsolete

Thread Information