Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GERMANY.www.hifi-lang.de

Yes,

That was an early version of the Aleph with three stages.
    http://www.passlabs.com/downloads/ol...duct/a0man.pdf

I think its seriously too much money for a used amp. As you mentioned there are some great diy clones and given the price differential its worth looking at.

Here is an indication of what to pay US$ but he will not sell outside the USA as I understand it. http://www.marksammut.com/List.html

Talk to me off line about it.

Concur

I'm with Ian re Pass I'm a fan of Threshold as was. I lived and worked in Sacramento for a few years and met Nelson on many occasions. One of his partners in crime went to ML. You are in good hands with either of these brands. ( and Pass Labs ) Ian is totally on the ball re the behaviour of your speakers. For me I would buy that ML power amp tomorrow. The reason is this it is about the sound of nothing ie. when nothing is supposed to be there nothing is. velvet blackness. You have to go and listen but for me I have absolutely no doubt in this.

Rich,

Getting back to Bryston, I am confused why you think you need to go to Germany to source them. Their amps regularly change hands for 50% RRP on the UK second hand market (I think the loudspeaker maufacturer PMC is the UK agent).

I purchased my pristine 2 year old 4B SST for £1400 from this site:

http://www.adverts.hififorsale.com/latest.asp

If you search Bryston there are a couple showing. There haven't been many in the last 6 months so some more are probably due to come up (there were about 3 on the market when I bought mine).

I like Bryston, if for no other reason than they have the guts to offer a 20 year warranty (and not afraid to honour it - they wouldn't last 5 mins in the pro-audio market if they started refusing warranty claims)

wow !

thanks awfully old bean. That is top site. Piss off ebay ... get stuffed paypal !
    Is that where you saw the K2 ?
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by richluvsound View Post
    thanks awfully old bean. That is top site. Piss off ebay ... get stuffed paypal !
    Is that where you saw the K2 ?
    Rich
    Ah, I shouldn't have let the cat out of the bag. You will not believe the deals that come up on that site. It is frequented by serial upgraders who seem to let top kit go for peanuts to move onto the next big thing.

I didn't see the K2's there first (they were eBay) but my 250Ti's came from there.

By the way....piss off away from the 120Ti's, they're (almost) mine.

p.s. what model Bryston are you after...did you see the "Wanted" add listed on that website? well that's a mate of mine and he's had a few replies with sellers of 4B's. He is really picky about colour/handles so has rejected a few. I have asked him for details of his "rejects" - can send them to you if you're interested?

bryston 4b

actually anything with that kind of pedigree 400 - 600 rms .I want something for the LF. HF will be Pass or SAC . I've thrown the gauntlet down and Guido and Ian seem to have some really good solutions up their sleeves. I bloody love this forum.Even though I know next to nothing about E.E. no-one exracts the urine. Just great blokes helping eachother out. HUMANITY --- not much around these days.

I have six 2235 recone kits ! Thats why I suggested we build you some 4430's . Its the 4355 next time for me . But first quality power and source.Mind you, those l20i's are beautiful Your lucky I'm bloody skint .thanks to Guido and charge -coupling
    Rich

actually anything with that kind of pedigree 400 - 600 rms
    That puts you in 7B territory. I think the 7B is single channel (600W) whereas the 4B is two channel (250W)

There was a 7B on eBay that went for £800 a few weeks ago. My mate and I were both watching it but there was something slightly dodgy about the auction though...not your usual scam but something not right. Someone may got a real bargain though we were wrong.

Here's some used examples in dealers:

http://www.loissoftware.co.uk/progre...lastpage=&qp=2 (pair of 7B's)
    http://www.mountainsnow.co.uk/bargai...chprod=Bryston (9B THX - 3 channel!!)
    http://www.badaweb.co.uk/showsearch....a&vehicleid=85 (9B THX again)

Bryston 4b

Andy,

are you sure thats not each side 250 watts per chan ?

cheer,Rich

Yep, that's what I meant - 250W/ch.

??????

I thought rms was the total output , both channels combined.
    250 watts per 2245 is plenty . would'nt you say. Or am i completely naff .
    Rich

mcds
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post
    There is an interesting firm that makes a nice active crossover and class A amps combined in Germany. I will try and remember who is it. They were featured in AudioExpress a while back.

Ian
    Hi Ian,

very interested; please give your little grey cells a push!

250 watts per 2245 is plenty . would'nt you say. Or am i completely naff .
    Rich
    I'd agree.. I think the 4B is an excellent all rounder. Powerful enough to drive the large JBL's but not such a beast that you're afraid to leave it powered up all day.

STILL CRISP

I'm standing my ground on this one.

I'm hoping the members in Germany can help. Iv'e been looking for amplification for my soon to be completed 4345's. I really fancy Bryston. I have found a dealer in Germany www.hifi-lang.de. These guys have what i'm looking for.Does anyone have experience with these people. I think there in Berlin. Is anyone close.I'm thinking of flying from London to do the deal.It would be nice to hook up and have someone to help with the language DRINKS AND A NICE MEAL MY TREAT.!!!!!!!

Rich
    why germany? as i understand it bryston has ties with pmc which i believe are based in britain.let me know if i can be of any assistance as bryston is made in canada.its a mere 1200 mile hike from here

logic !

Mac,

The Bryston will eventually be an upgrade for the studio system, but in the mean time it
    will run the LF on the 4345's and either SAC mono blocks or Pass Labs for the HF. And then, When I have refurbed the 4435's I'll get another bryston to bi-amp them and something else for the LF on the 4345's. I like the 20 year warranty bryston offer, they are designed to be worked hard. I would like to keep the 4345 system just for chilling and not for work. The other consideration is the new home, the 4345's will go there.
    I have 4 grand .I'm trying figure out how to spend on it two systems .
    Rich

Thread Information