Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Dx-1

bbno4

Smile THANK YOU

Hi All

Thank you so much, just received the message from Hong Kong Agent and JBL Asia Customer Services, my DX-1 can be send back to US for modification

Best Regards
    bbno4

Obsolete

Re: THANK YOU

Outstanding!

It didn't take too long for someone to step up to the plate did it?

Niklas Nord
    Is there any crosover for my s9500 ?

Is it the DSC 280 ? and the Accuphase X25 maybe

DX-1

Originally posted by Giskard
    Outstanding!

It didn't take too long for someone to step up to the plate did it?
    Giskard,

Here's some info I received from Harman regarding the DX-1 cards that might be of interest to everyone.

I have attached an excerpt from his e-mail:

"The cards are buffered on input and output by the circuitry in the DX1. The DX1 input stage is a discrete, unity gain buffer. It drives the LP and HP card inputs. The output of the HP card goes to another discrete, unity gain buffer. The output of the LP card goes to several op-amp stages including the level control, gain and a inverting stage to give both normal and inverted LP outputs for amplifier bridging or balanced line runs. The LP stage has approximately +10 dB of gain above unity.

All you really need to work on crossovers is the schematics of the cards. Observe the minimum resistance suggestions to prevent loading down the previous stage. The LF op-amp can be any of the typical dual channel 8 pin package such as LM833, 5532, or OP275 (my particular favorite)."

DX-1

DX-1 LF Schematic
    Attached Images Attached Images  

DX-1

DX-1 HF Schematic
    Attached Images Attached Images  

bbno4

DX-1 is backed

my DX-1 is modified by US JBL team. Now the sound of my K2-S5500 is better than before. The one who are using S5500 must try to find a unit of DX-1....really it's very useful.

Niklas Nord
    Maybe I should try it for my K2 s9500 also then

DX-1

Originally posted by Niklas Nord
    Maybe I should try it for my K2 s9500 also then
    Niklas,

I was told from Harman that there were only 500 of the DX-1 units ever made.

To make matters more interesting, JBL stopped making cards for the DX-1's a long time ago and DX-1's sold of late had no cards in them.

I personally have three of the DX-1's and two sets of XPL-200 cards. It is extremely hard to find cards for the DX-1's but certainly not impossible. It took me 9 months to get my 2 sets of cards.

Try contacting harman in the U.S to see if they still have any DX-1's left in stock. If they do, you can have one sent to sweden.

The benefits of what the DX-1 with the cards offers is certainly worth the wait.

Good luck in your search.

Cheers
    Pasadena

Re: DX-1 is backed

Originally posted by bbno4
    my DX-1 is modified by US JBL team. Now the sound of my K2-S5500 is better than before. The one who are using S5500 must try to find a unit of DX-1....really it's very useful.
    Bbno4,

You actually received already made cards up for your speakers, not modified cards as first perceived.

When you told me that you were going to send your original XPL-200 cards in for modifications to JBL in the U.S, at the same time I found a buyer who sold me a set of S5500 and a set of S9500 cards and a DX-1.

I spoke to a technician at harman and struck up a deal where I sent them my two sets of cards and in return received two sets of XPL-200 cards.

You were sent your S5500 cards and the set of S9500 cards I don't know what happened with. I was told that there was already an owner needing a set of S9500 cards.

In the end, everyone was happy as no modifications were done all round, which turns out to be better as the technican explained. A card modificed does not perform as well as an unmodified card.

Good luck with your DX-1.

Cheers
    Mark

bbno4

S9500 Card

Hi Mark

So we got what we need
    maybe your S9500 card had been modified by JBL and sent back to you? So you got one set from my XPL-200 cards & one set from your modified S9500 cards

Re: S9500 Card

Hi Mark

So we got what we need
    maybe your S9500 card had been modified by JBL and sent back to you? So you got one set from my XPL-200 cards & one set from your modified S9500 cards
    Bbno4,

Actually, JBL had two sets of XPL-200 cards waiting for me before I even sent mine.

I don't know what happened with the S9500 cards so maybe they still might have them. Unlikely because I remember them saying that they were all going.

Anyway, we did get what we want and I think we're damn lucky we have the cards we want.

Keep them, treasure them!!!

Cheers
    Pasadena

bbno4

a wire link between 2 cards

I just opened the DX-1 case, and found that there is a wire link between the 2 cards. What's for that?

Obsolete

Re: a wire link between 2 cards

I just opened the DX-1 case, and found that there is a wire link between the 2 cards. What's for that?
    It's for bias. You have a modified high pass card. No biggie, it's fully functional.

bbno4

modified cards

Hi Giskard

Thanks for your reply

Hi Mark

Is that your S5500 card?

Thread Information