Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dx-1

Dx-1

Aha, finally good to hear from someone who has a DX-1 on their hands.

bbno4, sorry to hear about all your problems and hope you will sort your issues with JBL, one way or another. It's a shame to see how situations like these become a complicated one but I can see the point on both sides. I do agree that if the retailer told you to do something that damaged your speakers, I would be taking them for providing incorrect information.

If you are not happy with your DX-1 bbno4, I will be more than happy to buy the crossover from you. I will also pay for any shipping costs involved.

Nowadays you need to really read and look into the equipment you setup as retailers these days are not like they used to be 10-20 years ago where you got some real help and and down to earth service.

bbno4, I bought two DX-1 crossovers last year and they both came with no input/output crossover cards. JBL have not been selling DX-1's with input/output cards for at least 3 - 6 years now so if I were you, I would open up your DX-1 and check inside to see if they were shipped with any input/output cards?

If there are input/output cards installed, can you please take close-up photos of the cards and post them on this forum. It would be of great resource to have this sort of information available to all members of this group.

If there are no cards, I would be going back to the shop where you bought them from asking for a refund. Not before you take photos of the internals .

If you check my previous posts in technical - "JBL XPL-200 and Rane AC24", "JBL DX-1 Input/Output Cards", "JBL DX-1 Crossover kits"; Marketplace - "Wanted: JBL XPL-200 Input/output cards for JBL's DX-1 external Crossover", "Wanted: Input/output cards for DX-1 Crossover", you will find a lot of information and photos of the DX-1.

If you especially check this last thread, "Wanted: Input/output cards for DX-1 Crossover", you will find an internal picture of my DX-1 crossover.

If you could post a picture of the enitre DX-1 circuit board, this would also be great.

Good luck.

Cheers
    Pasadena

bbno4
    Hi all
    Since I know nothing about electronic. here are some photos, wish can help both you and me
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by bbno4; 01-24-2004 at 07:06 AM.

bbno4
    here some pics

bbno4
    pics

bbno4
    pic

Dx-1

bbno4,

Thanks for the photos, excellent.

What would be really great, is photo's of the input/output circuit cards. This involves popping off the cards from the board and turning them around and taking pictures of the card curcuit board themselves.

This is the missing information we are looking for in trying to find out what these cards are made up of.

If you could do these would be tops.

Thanks
    Pasadena

bbno4
    pic

bbno4
    sorry, but how to take the cards out?

dx-1

bbno4,

Judgeing by the pictures you have posted and looking at my dx-1, you either just grab the cards and pull them straigh off. Just remember which card came from what slot.

The cards will probably be seated quite well so you may need to pull a bit.

Otherwise, I notice there are two plastics screws on the edge of the cards. You can try to unscrew these which may make it easier to remove the card.

Cheers
    Pasadena

Obsolete
    Once the cards are removed you should be able to see the values of the components on the boards along with their designations as I've previously posted. C101, C103, C105, etc.

Looking at your photos of those cards we should be able to determine exactly what you have. If you can keep the cards removed long enough to tell us the values of some of the components that would be great.

bbno4
    pic

Obsolete
    What are the numbers written on C208 and C211?
    What are the color bands on R207 and R211?
    Those components are on 12-16467.

Ooops, you overwrote the post of the LF card with the HF card. Give them completely different file names before posting them

What are the numbers written on C103 and C105?
    What are the color bands on R103 and R105?
    Those components are on 12-16466.

Once I get those values I can run a voltage drive and see what you have in about 5 minutes.
    Last edited by 4313B; 01-24-2004 at 09:01 AM.

bbno4
    pic

bbno4
    16467 LF

dx-1

bbno4,

Good stuff, now we're getting somewhere.

Can you please submit close-up photos of the other side (not the circuit side) of the both cards, this will show the tracks of the circuit board.

This will show it's all connected up.

Thanks for your photos and for your patience.

Cheers
    Pasadena

Thread Information