Aha, finally good to hear from someone who has a DX-1 on their hands.

bbno4, sorry to hear about all your problems and hope you will sort your issues with JBL, one way or another. It's a shame to see how situations like these become a complicated one but I can see the point on both sides. I do agree that if the retailer told you to do something that damaged your speakers, I would be taking them for providing incorrect information.

If you are not happy with your DX-1 bbno4, I will be more than happy to buy the crossover from you. I will also pay for any shipping costs involved.

Nowadays you need to really read and look into the equipment you setup as retailers these days are not like they used to be 10-20 years ago where you got some real help and and down to earth service.

bbno4, I bought two DX-1 crossovers last year and they both came with no input/output crossover cards. JBL have not been selling DX-1's with input/output cards for at least 3 - 6 years now so if I were you, I would open up your DX-1 and check inside to see if they were shipped with any input/output cards?

If there are input/output cards installed, can you please take close-up photos of the cards and post them on this forum. It would be of great resource to have this sort of information available to all members of this group.

If there are no cards, I would be going back to the shop where you bought them from asking for a refund. Not before you take photos of the internals .

If you check my previous posts in technical - "JBL XPL-200 and Rane AC24", "JBL DX-1 Input/Output Cards", "JBL DX-1 Crossover kits"; Marketplace - "Wanted: JBL XPL-200 Input/output cards for JBL's DX-1 external Crossover", "Wanted: Input/output cards for DX-1 Crossover", you will find a lot of information and photos of the DX-1.

If you especially check this last thread, "Wanted: Input/output cards for DX-1 Crossover", you will find an internal picture of my DX-1 crossover.

If you could post a picture of the enitre DX-1 circuit board, this would also be great.

Good luck.

Cheers
Pasadena