Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TIME ALIGN

Bo says

"Surely it is a jumble phase-wise, but it is by design ."

When I used Smarrt and Iasys on the Hartsfields the information revealed was "a jumble" to say the least.

But I love them

As for passive time alignment.

Two words-More componets.

Oldmics

Passive time alignment to can only be considered as part of an overall system design exercise. Not for the faint hearted and you need to weigh up ''why'' and if the "pain" of doing to is worthwhile. Some designers use sloping baffles and a combination of 2 Pi baffle loading like a dipole while others use waveguides. Another approach is Lattice filters in ther passove crossovers more commonly known "Allpass filters".

You need a lot of time, elaborate equipment and grey matter to make it a viable design objective.

More time align stuff

Ok to be very specific I'm using a Urei 803, but with an LE85 driver. I think a 1200hz crossover point would be good. If the time offset is too small to be an issue then I guess this is all moot.
    I am not familiar with the other active crossovers mentioned here...but the qualtiy issue is what I was addressing with the "PA" units.
    It has also come to my attention the Marchand does have delay modules available for their crossovers...I would just need to tell them,in milliseconds, what i need. So I just measure the distance between the voice coils and converts to milliseconds.
    As fas as EQ goes...I'm old school about it and really will only EQ as a last resort to smooth a room resonance or other pesky peaks. I want to try to get it as right as possible so that the amount of EQ will be minimal. Thanks RC

You are using an 803?? How are you attaching the LE-85?? Normally they use a 2416H which thread into the driver back. If you really worried about the time alignment just use a 2416 and purchase the crossover for the Urei 809 in the Tent Sale and your done. They have them for sale as B stock for not that much money at all. You get 2416's on the cheap on Ebay.

Rob

http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/URE...s/809A-L,R.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    You are using an 803?? How are you attaching the LE-85?? Normally they use a 2416H which thread into the driver back.

Rob

http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/URE...s/809A-L,R.pdf
    I'm using a bolt to thread adapter to attatch the LE85 to the 803. I believe that the LE85 is sonically superior to the 2416H, but thats a matter of taste. I also want to use seperate amps to power the components.

Thread Information