Thread: jbl 4430 and 2426 vs 2426 help!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

jbl 4430 and 2426 vs 2426 help!

hello jbl friends...

I have something I would like to know...

I got a jbl 4430. The right comprissiondriver are broken (diaphrame need recone). I know a guy that want to sell me som used jbl 2426 drivers.

I would now like to know if these jbl 2426 is a original spare part to jbl 4430/4435 loudspeakers????

Meny thanks

Cato

Yes, but I'd replace the diaphragms in the ones you have with new ones rather than buying another "used" pair of drivers. D8R2425.

http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/Tra...rts%20List.pdf

different diaphrames?

Quote Originally Posted by Zilch View Post
    Yes, but I'd replace the diaphragms in the ones you have with new ones rather than buying another "used" pair of drivers. D8R2425.

http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/Tra...rts%20List.pdf
    If I replace/recone the right driver would't the left driver then be different? my speakers are from 85' anyway I think that because I seen the jbl 2235 and this is the old version. Do JBL still have the diafhrames to all the versions og the 4430/4435 compressiondriver?

Many thanks

Cato

Quote Originally Posted by cato78 View Post
    If I replace/recone the right driver would't the left driver then be different? my speakers are from 85' anyway I think that because I seen the jbl 2235 and this is the old version. Do JBL still have the diafhrames to all the versions og the 4430/4435 compressiondriver?
    If you have the right driver/part numbers, they should sound the same, but you can always replace both, if you like.

I am unaware of there being an old and new version of 2235H.

The original version of 4430 used alnico 2421 compression driver. Later, it was 2425H, then 2426H. If you look on the parts list I linked you to, those are there too, so yes, diaphragms for all versions are available....

Quote Originally Posted by Zilch View Post
    If you have the right driver/part numbers, they should sound the same, but you can always replace both, if you like.

I am unaware of there being an old and new version of 2235H.

The original version of 4430 used alnico 2421 compression driver. Later, it was 2425H, then 2226H. If you look on the parts list I linked you to, those are there too, so yes, diaphragms for all versions are available....
    Thats is just great jbl still have the different versions availeble!

The different versions of 2235H are not really a version the older 2235H just look a little different than newer versions. They are the same, that was that I would say, i'm just not so good writing english! :-)

The newer jbl 2235h has some black rubber around the magnet and the ventilations hole has a grille over it. Its is just minor things. Also the terminals are a little different. On the old ones they are round and on the new ones the are rectangular.

Quote Originally Posted by cato78 View Post
    Thats is just great jbl still have the different versions availeble!

The different versions of 2235H are not really a version the older 2235H just look a little different than newer versions. They are the same, that was that I would say, i'm just not so good writing english! :-)

The newer jbl 2235h has some black rubber around the magnet and the ventilations hole has a grille over it. Its is just minor things. Also the terminals are a little different. On the old ones they are round and on the new ones the are rectangular.
    And on the old version the 2235H is written directly on the backside and on the new ones it is a sticker. But you probably know that, I have seen how much you write on this Forum...

It is the same price. 2 used 2426 than it is for recone the left driver. I think I go for the used ones, because a have read/heard that they will last along time if you do not abuse them.

Thread Information