Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Desert Island Discs

Beatles, Anthology 1/2/3, 1995/1996, Apple UK

DID's: these 3 anthologies. Because it's a Magical History Tour.
    (History: this is not a writing error)
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Nessie Washing Machine }=-

Humble Pie, Performance Rockin' The Fillmore, 1971, AM Canada, SP 93506, 2LP

Because this is one of the best live recordings ever. Engineered by Eddie Kramer at Electric Lady Studios. Listen to great guitar playing by Peter Frampton.
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Nessie Washing Machine }=-

5 Must-have Desert Island Discs

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz The Cat View Post

There will not exist any current supply on desert island. So you will sing all those fantastic songs by heart.
    Pack them into your brain.........

Please try and stay on topic - and take your endless daily "Now Playing here" play list back to the OTHER thread you have monopolized.
    One endless list is enough, ok??

This thread is basically for a SINGLE Posting!! Give other folks some room!

5 Must-have Desert Island Discs ... hmmm - ok!

Dire Straits - Alchemy (Live recording at the peak of their career)

Joni Mitchell - Court and Spark - OR - For the Roses

Paul Simon's Graceland - such infectious songs and amazing rhythms!

Steely Dan's Aja - OR - Donald Fagen's The NightFly (hard to choose)

The Who - Who's Next - OR - Quadrophenia (forget Tommy - its worn and overplayed)

Kept thinking I ought to pull in some Miles (Live at Cellar Door - but thats a Multidisc release, so its cheating)
    or some Bill Evans (Consecration, or The last Waltz - again, they are multidisc release - so - spoilers)
    even Beck's SeaChange - but that really needs to be the SACD or PureAudio surround mix, so ... no.
    Even the breakthrough sound of the first Roxy Music album has gotten old now and I can only take it every so often (and I'm a HUGE fan)
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Who wants lists?

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Please try and stay on topic - and take your endless daily "Now Playing here" play list back to the OTHER thread you have monopolized.
    One endless list is enough, ok??

This thread is basically for a SINGLE Posting!! Give other folks some room!

5 Must-have Desert Island Discs ... hmmm - ok!

Dire Straits - Alchemy (Live recording at the peak of their career)

Joni Mitchell - Court and Spark - OR - For the Roses

Paul Simon's Graceland - such infectious songs and amazing rhythms!

Steely Dan's Aja - OR - Donald Fagen's The NightFly (hard to choose)

The Who - Who's Next - OR - Quadrophenia (forget Tommy - its worn and overplayed)

Kept thinking I ought to pull in some Miles (Live at Cellar Door - but thats a Multidisc release, so its cheating)
    or some Bill Evans (Consecration, or The last Waltz - again, they are multidisc release - so - spoilers)
    even Beck's SeaChange - but that really needs to be the SACD or PureAudio surround mix, so ... no.
    Even the breakthrough sound of the first Roxy Music album has gotten old now and I can only take it every so often (and I'm a HUGE fan)

I hope, i will not strand on the same desert island where you are living .....
    You say: "Hey you, get off of my cloud." I say: "I don't want to spoil your party, so i go"
    Ok, ich werde hiermit "Euren" Thread nicht mehr missbrauchen, ihr Mimosen!
    Last edited by Fritz The Cat; 01-24-2018 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Writing error

I hope, i will not strand on the same desert island where you are living .....
    You say: "Hey you, get off of my cloud." I say: "I don't want to spoil your party, so i go"
    Ok, ich werde hiermit "Euren" Thread nicht mehr missbrauchen, ihr Mimosen!

So post your top 5 Desert Island discs and have at it.
    Just let others have a say in it afterwards, okey?
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

I'm currently listening to the 2 disc remastered set of Led Zeppelin 4 (ZoSo). Disc 2 is alternative
    versions of the same track set on #1. Some have no vocals.

IF I hadn't already listed LZ1 as a DID , then LZ4 would be a good choice.

this remastered version is sonically excellent on both the Sony SACD player
    and the 24/192 DVD deck.

https://www.amazon.com/Led-Zeppelin-.../dp/B00M30TORU
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

On my nearly daily bike rides (it's tough being retired ) , the little nano always comes
    along. It's the square one , mine is in a watch band mount and easy to modulate volume
    by touch. 8GB may seem small these days, but that's still a lot of MP3's, and NO, sounds
    don't get blocked out ... my ear hanger buds are pretty loose and I can have a conversation
    while the music is going.

Anyway ...... I have 2 "old friends" on the Nano that don't normally make the DID list, but
    when they come on , I just feel like pulling over and giving them full attention.

1. Brewer & Shipley* ‎– Tarkio 1970 Notes: The album is titled "Tarkio Road" on labels.
    https://www.discogs.com/Brewer-And-S.../master/258522

famous for "One toke over the Line" , but get into the album and it is so much more.

To most folks, “One Toke Over The Line” was a one hit novelty record, though truth be told, while Jerry Garcia of the Grateful Dead, didn't play on this track, Jerry did lay down some sweet peddle steel guitar on the rest of the album, making them a sort of west coast Simon & Garfunkel. Brewer & Shipley laced their music with light-handed jangling pop influenced countrified flavors that went down easy, especially when mixed with their tender ballads of introspection …

2. José Feliciano ‎– Feliciano! 1968
    https://www.discogs.com/Jos%C3%A9-Fe...o/master/71248
    yeah, it's mostly covers , but the production values are just so nice , it all jells

FoxMulder900
    - California Dreamin'
    - Light My Fire

dlgale1974 October 28, 2014
    referencing Feliciano!, LP, Album, RE, SF 7946
    As they say in the film Fargo, "you know with Jose Feliciano ya got no complaints." Yes, he's a bit of a cabaret act and it's a bit lightweight but this is a great album, he interprets others songs beautifully, never more so than with his version of California Dreamin'.

José Feliciano, Feliciano!, 1968, RCA Germany, NL 89845

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    On my nearly daily bike rides (it's tough being retired ) , the little nano always comes
    along. It's the square one , mine is in a watch band mount and easy to modulate volume
    by touch. 8GB may seem small these days, but that's still a lot of MP3's, and NO, sounds
    don't get blocked out ... my ear hanger buds are pretty loose and I can have a conversation
    while the music is going.

Anyway ...... I have 2 "old friends" on the Nano that don't normally make the DID list, but
    when they come on , I just feel like pulling over and giving them full attention.

1. Brewer & Shipley* ‎– Tarkio 1970 Notes: The album is titled "Tarkio Road" on labels.
    https://www.discogs.com/Brewer-And-S.../master/258522

famous for "One toke over the Line" , but get into the album and it is so much more.

To most folks, “One Toke Over The Line” was a one hit novelty record, though truth be told, while Jerry Garcia of the Grateful Dead, didn't play on this track, Jerry did lay down some sweet peddle steel guitar on the rest of the album, making them a sort of west coast Simon & Garfunkel. Brewer & Shipley laced their music with light-handed jangling pop influenced countrified flavors that went down easy, especially when mixed with their tender ballads of introspection …

2. José Feliciano ‎– Feliciano! 1968
    https://www.discogs.com/Jos%C3%A9-Fe...o/master/71248
    yeah, it's mostly covers , but the production values are just so nice , it all jells

FoxMulder900
    - California Dreamin'
    - Light My Fire

dlgale1974 October 28, 2014
    referencing Feliciano!, LP, Album, RE, SF 7946
    As they say in the film Fargo, "you know with Jose Feliciano ya got no complaints." Yes, he's a bit of a cabaret act and it's a bit lightweight but this is a great album, he interprets others songs beautifully, never more so than with his version of California Dreamin'.

50 years since this jewel. Great bass playing by Ray Brown. (Isn't this one a litte bit too much sugarcoated by violins?)

50 years since this jewel. Great bass playing by Ray Brown. (Isn't this one a litte bit too much sugarcoated by violins?)
    maybe dust them off b4 playing ?

Dust?

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    maybe dust them off b4 playing ?

No dust at all on my LPs! They are clean. I use the Hannl washing machine!

Thread Information