Anyone willing to help out a n00b?

My Yamaha 9.1 receiver - one with the fancy YPAO self-tuning capability - complains that one or the other of my L112's is out of phase. I really only use it to get a baseline and then tweak a little more using AVIA and an SPL meter. Since I had the LF drivers reconed a while back, and everything out of the cabinets for binding post replacement and a thorough inspection, I double checked all my internal connections and everything is to spec. Everything sounds great, but seems to lack a certain punch when all speakers are working in concert.

After reading back through a year's worth of posts, the polarity discussions piqued my interest.

My first inclination was to reverse the amp > speaker wire polarity, but I saw a post indicating that would drive the signal backwards through the crossovers. The recommendation was to reverse the connections to the drivers individually.

So the question is, does the L112 need the internal phase correction to work with my non-JBL speaker gear?

Second, anyone know what phase polarity the S38-II run? (don't laugh, they're great as front effects, and actually get good reviews for their intended purpose) I've read the polarity threads till my head spun and still don't know. I found the following reference on the S38II in a thorough review http://www.stereophile.com/budgetcom...365/index.html "The tweeter and woofer are thus both connected with positive acoustic polarity, the midrange unit with negative polarity. This combines with the phase shift due to the crossover filters to give a summed flat response in the crossover regions."

This would indicate to me they're like the rest of the modern speaker world...

BTW, The letter to the reviewer of the S38's from "Don McRitchie, Webmaster, Lansing Heritage, [email protected]." was interesting.

The whole (speaker) arrangement is:
L112 Main Fronts
S38II Front Effects
Def Tech CLR2002 Center
Def Tech BP2X side rears
Def Tech BP2X center rears
SVS 20-39 PC+ sub

While we're at it, are the L56's also polarity reversed?

Thanks tons for any help.

(my favorite score - $40 working L56 pair off CL now in my home office)

Still looking for the $100 L250's...