Thread: Help please..L220

Help please..L220

Hi guys ! my name is Alex from Romania and I have a big problem with my JBL's L220.I really need to change the surrround foams because when I bought them , had on 2 pieces that were sticked togeder, and now the active drivers are not correctly centred and at a bigger volume they make a nasty noise.The seller did that because is very hard to find 35cm original foams.
    I my country JBL does not have any asistance or repair service so the only chance is if one of you can help me , I send the money first and you buy me the surround foams.Please excuse my bad english.
    Hope someone can help.
    All the best guys and take care
    bye

I'm no pro, but in February I rebuilt a 15 JBL speaker with a surround kit
    I got from Rick Cobb (looneytune2001 on eBay, and at [email protected]) - the kits are nice, and include detailed directions with pictures.

Rick is the go-to guy for aftermarket speaker surround kits - details on how to do it are on a forum thread here: http://audioheritage.csdco.com/vbull...read.php?t=469

Send him an email and see what he says - and good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by mesudman View Post
    Hi guys ! my name is Alex from Romania and I have a big problem with my JBL's L220.I really need to change the surrround foams because when I bought them , had on 2 pieces that were sticked togeder, and now the active drivers are not correctly centred and at a bigger volume they make a nasty noise.The seller did that because is very hard to find 35cm original foams.
    I my country JBL does not have any asistance or repair service so the only chance is if one of you can help me , I send the money first and you buy me the surround foams.Please excuse my bad english.
    Hope someone can help.
    bye
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

You might need more than a re-foam you might need a re-cone,this is alot more money. I am wondering if the noise you hear is the voice coil rubbing?

JBL Service

Hope someone can help.
    bye
    Alex,
    Did you ever check into the JBL International Service Center Info I sent you?
    Peter

you are right kingjames

Is is a rubbing noise but only at a loud volume, maybe the driver vibrates and touch the wire cone inside I don't know what is called in english.
    I will buy new foams and replace them , thank a lot for all your help guys.
    You were great and helped me a lot.
    take care and all the best

Greetings from Scotland

Now you are all fixed for your speakers how is everything in Romania these days ? I hope your people are finding a new prosperity ! best wishes

Yes macaroonie

Unforunetly in Romania are selling stuff with the lowest quality , even JBL the newer models says made in UE (Euroean Union) but the UE is big so they can be made on a boat in Black Sea , and they sound very bad so maybe it will take 100 years until we reach a country like USA or more.That's why I take advise from you guys because in Romania everybody knows nothing, we buy electronic garbage from the germans and we are proud with that.
    I hope you made an ideea ,
    All the best to you guys you helped me a lot and gived me the best adivises.
    The best forum ...
    bye

?

...... we buy electronic garbage from the germans and we are proud with that.
    Hi Alex,

what do you mean with this?

HP
    Please help us save more info about the vintage systems. Let us register your speakers and drivers.

well...

in Romania a lot of people make a profitable bussiness by going to Germany and takeing electronic stuff , most unfuntional , they repair them and after that selling for a good price.In Germany defect electronic you find at the "garbage" a place were old electronic is colected but between that old electronics like amplifiers, tuners , cd's maybe some quality stuff but from any reason become defect, and after they get reapaired they make good money.I must say that in our electronic second hand market in Bucharest the capital of my country,80% of electronic stuff comes from Germany and people prefer to buy old ones in stead of new "Made in China
    so ...I hope you understand my words....my english is not so good
    all the best
    bye

sounds like a compliment to me

no problem Alex

in Romania a lot of people make a profitable bussiness by going to Germany and takeing electronic stuff , most unfunctional , they repair them and after that selling for a good price.In Germany defect electronic you find at the "garbage" a place were old electronic is colected ....bye
    Hi Alex,

maybe that there is some old stuff from me....like old McIntosh tube Amps or Accuphase Amps....

HP
    Please help us save more info about the vintage systems. Let us register your speakers and drivers.

:)

Well I would prefer Bang & Olufsen stuff but , a McIntosh with tubes I wouldn't refuse
    all the best
    bye

Thread Information