Thread: Questions about 4645 boxes (2245h speaker)

Questions about 4645 boxes (2245h speaker)

hello!

I have been reading on this site and have already read much about what I have. I acquired four of these at an auction for 100$! They went super cheap because the foam was falling off but I knew better. Anyhow, my foam kits are in the mail and I am deciding what to do next. After reading about the advantages of putting one in each corner I am considering doing just that. Why not? Besides literally bringing the house down

Ok..so my question is what do you guys recommend for an amp or amps? How much power do I really need? The loudest I will play will probably be around 90db -100db spl at the most and crossed over around 75hz.

A friend of mine has a qsc amp that he is willing to sell me for cheap but I do not know the model number. Maybe I can buy another of the same kind.

I may have some more questions soon but any comments or questions for me are appreciated.

Thanks!

Check your drivers. The 2245's have accordian (Pleated Paper) surrounds.

I use 700 watts per channel on my pair of 4645C's... Mo' power, Mo' better. They will take what ever you can throw at them in a home environment. I run mine from 100HZ down with no low filter in a home theater/music setup. They really need some watts to do well.
    4406, 4412A, L100, L100t3 (3 pair), L1, L7, 4645C, 4660A, 4695B, SR4735 and various DIY JBL Pro loaded systems.

RIP 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Mascali View Post
    Check your drivers. The 2245's have accordian (Pleated Paper) surrounds.
    ??? 2245's have foam surrounds - only the other 224X have pleated surrounds.

John

I was wondering about the pleated surrounds. I have actually never seen that on a speaker. But yes, these have some foam left here and there

I guess the answer is to use as much power as I can afford. Anyone, see any problems in running these in parallel off one amp. That would make the load 4ohm correct? That would still mean a very beefy amp.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mojopin View Post
    I was wondering about the pleated surrounds. I have actually never seen that on a speaker. But yes, these have some foam left here and there

I guess the answer is to use as much power as I can afford. Anyone, see any problems in running these in parallel off one amp. That would make the load 4ohm correct? That would still mean a very beefy amp.

Thanks
    What - 4 on an amp? do you mean like a pair on each channel?

I'd think thats pushing it too far - I run my B380 on a bridged amp that puts out 600w/mono peaks ... I might put a pair on that, but I think you'd need a matched amp to run a second pair.

But first - considering you already have the speakers, I'd run a pair on your high powered amp and see what it sounds like ...
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Don't do anything till you get the 2245,s refoamed.

No, I don't plan on buying anything yet but I am just looking into it. The yamaha p7000s looks promising. I would still be tempted to try and hook them all up. I should probably only do this on an amp that can handle a 2ohm load though which this one can't. However, the cool thing about them is that it has a built-in adjustable low-pass filter. That saves me money on the crossover I was going to have to get! Anybody, know of other amps that have that feature?

Thanks for feedback everyone.

My apologies. I had my mind wrapped around the 2242's in mine. Of course the 2245's have foam.
    4406, 4412A, L100, L100t3 (3 pair), L1, L7, 4645C, 4660A, 4695B, SR4735 and various DIY JBL Pro loaded systems.

Thread Information