Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Replacing 14-1 w/14-3 in a 250

When I get my tweeters back the only original part of my 250s will be the wood and grills!!! everything else has been replaced w/new drivers/parts or completely reworked/upgraded
    Now that's the way to do it!! Enjoy them.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by opimax View Post
    A short update. Although the 14-3 sticks out further the grill does fit but it is close. I still haven't really pushed them but for few brief moderate spurts they are an improvement to me. More impact or feel then sound . more bass drum then bass guitar. My ears think that a brand new set of 14-1 would also have the same effect making the 14-3 and 14-1 equal. Most listening has been done to tune of NCAA Tourney and local basketball (Wizards) though.

next week my visitors will be gone and my repaired main receiver will be here, woofers more broken in, better listening tests

the woofers I tested w a battery for polarity when install since I can't find much on this site i don't try too much (plus I am lazy , i won't lie) and connected them the same way.

There is another difference I noticed. the terminals are 45 degrees off from the -1 . when the speakers are installed the 2 connections seen near the dustcap point 45 degrees right or left while the -1 are strait up and down or 90 to the rt or left. this matches my 108s. I have them pointing to the flat side of the verticle walls.

Mark
    Thanks for sharing this. I want to replace the LE14H-1 drivers in my 250Ti system with LE14H-3s.

Interesting thing about the position of the terminals. The original -1s in my system had the terminals at 45 degrees to the frame mounting holes and were mounted with the terminals straight down. The second set of -1s I bought had the terminals lined up on a frame mounting hole.

Do you have anything new to mention about the LE14-3s since you have had more time to listen to them?

Varice

The biggest news is no news . I can not really tell any significant difference in sound. Yesterday is the 1st day my system has been together in almost a couple months.Sounds about the same .

I picked up some grills for some l60t as a gift from another member, heard his higher fidelity (costs more too )system, I am now looking into bass traps and a non digital (Older Sansui) amp without bass management to see if I can improve my sound. the 250 will play bass and handle all I can give it currently but i must turn up the bass knob 6db or more in 2 channel no sub. a little boomy but never complains.

So as myself sounding like a skipping record , sounds about the same . If I ever my 240s I would look into using them there too.

I also am not as critical listner as many other here, my ears ring all the time, can't hear definition in a crowd, etc. but still think "sounds about the same!"

Mark

I am interested in getting a pair of the LE14H-3's for my 250 Ti's but I cant seem to find them anywhere listed on the JBL website. Where did you get the info for these drivers and where are they listed for sale. thanks for any help/info.

JBLforlife

JBL 4645

Come on pictures please pictures says a thousands words.

Quote Originally Posted by JBLforlife View Post
    I am interested in getting a pair of the LE14H-3's for my 250 Ti's but I cant seem to find them anywhere listed on the JBL website. Where did you get the info for these drivers and where are they listed for sale. thanks for any help/info.

JBLforlife
    Here you go.

http://www.jbl.com/home/products/pro...at=BFS&ser=PTS

http://www.harmanaudio.com/search_br...0%20ARRAY%20BG

Part Number: 336321-001 Woofer $279.93 NOT AVAILABLE

J/S-S1A
    Jeff-S1A

Just want to revive this old tread as my pair of LE14H-3's will be here next week.

Did everything work out OK Optimax?? I decided to order the bolts and gaskets that are used to mount them in the Array1400 so hope they work in the 250's.

More details here...

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/s...65&postcount=6

I left the silver screws I bought at the hardware store in them, sound the same

So do the woofers i think. when I replaced them I already had changed the XO so I couldn't make a fair comparism. My 250 lack bass not sure why, possible the XO at this point . I run my bass 6db up. What comes out is good just not enough.

I bet you won't be able to tell much .They are 1 db less effeciant not enough to tell I was told. Also they are new. to make a real comparism use new 14-1 to a new 14-3.

waiting for your opinion...

Mark

Thread Information