Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Win an "Eargle On Everest" CD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Win an "Eargle On Everest" CD

Beginning 12:01 AM Sunday, March 18 and running through 11:59 PM Sunday, April 15, you can enter to win a copy of the JBL Everest II DD66000 demonstration disc created by John Eargle on Delos International Records. We have a limited number of these discs set aside for us by JBL thanks to forum member kingjames' advocacy and the kindness of JBL/Harman in New Jersey.

You can find out more about the disc in this thread:

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...248#post157248

To keep this as simple as possible and to generate maximum benefit to the Lansing Heritage site, here are the rules:

1. For every $5 contributed to the LH site, one entry will be awarded. A $25 contribution will yield six entries. Additional incremental incentives will apply (see below *).
    2. ONLY contributions received during the entry period (12:01 AM Sunday, March 18 through 11:59 PM Sunday, April 15) will be recognized for this event. (see below **)
    3. At the end of the entry period, the LH treasurer will send the drawing coordinator (Titanium Dome) a simple spreadsheet showing who donated what. (see below *** and ****)
    4. The drawing coordinator will figure the number of entries per entrant, assign a number for each entry, and generate the necessary number of winning numbers using a random number generator.
    5. There is a limit of one CD per person, regardless of the number of entries a person has accumulated.
    6. Winners will be announced in this thread on April 16 or as soon as possible thereafter and will have one day to send a mailing address via private message to Titanium Dome.
    7. The drawing coordinator will notify JBL of the winners in the agreed upon format, and JBL will mail the CDs to the winners in the US. International winners will receive their CDs direct from the drawing coordinator via international post.
    8. The decisions of the LH Treasurer and the drawing coordinator are final.

*$5=one entry, $10=two entries, $15=three entries, $20=four entries, $25=six entries, $30=seven entries, $35=eight entries, $40=nine entries, $45=ten entries, $50=twelve entries, $55=thirteen entries, and so on.

**NO CONTRIBUTION REQUIRED. Alternate method to obtain an entry: any member or nonmember wishing to receive an entry without making a donation may receive a single entry by sending a private message to Titanium Dome with a request to be assigned a random number (site registration required). All such entries will be combined in a separate random number selection for an opportunity to receive a single, set-aside CD. Members who make a donation as in #1 above may not use this alternate method as a means to increase their number of entries or to change their odds of receiving a CD.

***For the purposes of this event, "Titanium Dome" is the moniker of Doug Semark, a resident of the State of California. The principals of this nonprofit site are located in Maui, Hawai'i, USA; Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada; and Long Beach, California, USA.

****Those who wish to remain anonymous may inform the LH Treasurer of their desire, and the LH Treasurer will assign a fictitious name, i.e., "Donor #1," etc., for purposes of identification in the random number generation.

Thanks TiDome for setting this up and thanks to Jim, aka kingjames for starting the ball rolling.

Good Luck to all who participate!

Widget

Widget

Can you or someone else make this a sticky for the next four weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    Widget

Can you or someone else make this a sticky for the next four weeks?
    Thanks!

BTW, for those who already contributed this year and aren't considering doing so again in the next four weeks, you can still receive an entry by taking the "NO CONTRIBUTION REQUIRED" path.

Or better yet, just donate some more.

OK, I just made my small donation, second of the year. Who else is on board? Maybe we can encourage others by example.

There's no need to write whether it was $5 or $50, just let everyone know "I'm in!"

OK, I just made my small donation, second of the year. Who else is on board? Maybe we can encourage others by example.

There's no need to write whether it was $5 or $50, just let everyone know "I'm in!"
    Me too - I paid something in Feb on the anniversary of finding those Great 4320s in Philly last year (and the B380 this year!).
    But I made another donation Sunday night when the contest launched.

TiDo's right - its time to give something back to the Lansing List!

(and who knows - ya might win somethin!)
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

2. ONLY contributions received during the entry period (12:01 AM Sunday, March 18 through 11:59 PM Sunday, April 15) will be recognized for this event...
    Damn - right across the Quarter end...

3. At the end of the entry period, the LH treasurer will...
    Damn - that's ME!!

...will send the drawing coordinator (Titanium Dome) a simple spreadsheet...

8. The decisions of the LH Treasurer...
    That IS ME!!

...Those who wish to remain anonymous
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Tally

Since the gates opened, there have been seven entries...
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Quote Originally Posted by boputnam View Post
    Since the gates opened, there have been seven entries...
    With those kind of odds, everyone's a winner!!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

hj, maybe not everyone is saying their a contributor. I hope the numbers are better.

For all of the people who come here and read our posts but are not yet members,this is a good cause we have here and ask that you join and partcipate in this Eargle CD giveaway.

I have this cd and it is great,and it can be used on any speakers to see how well they perform.

Excellent choice of music to check any speaker system.You won't be disapointed.

I never figured out what this thread was about.

RIP 2009
    Were there enough entrys for all the CD's?

John

Quote Originally Posted by johnaec View Post
    Were there enough entrys for all the CD's?

John
    Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Rolf View Post
    I never figured out what this thread was about.
    It was a way to raise money for the site and to distribute 30 CDs that JBL set aside for LH thanks to kingjames' efforts to make this Eargle on Everest CD available to us.

It was a way to raise money for the site and to distribute 30 CDs that JBL set aside for LH thanks to kingjames' efforts to make this Eargle on Everest CD available to us.
    I understand, but I believe I contribute enough to the site.

I guess my contribution is received, though I have never heard that it has.

Thread Information