Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

Thread: MEMBERS OF LHF

  1. #1
    RIP 2013 Rolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Skien, Norway
    Posts
    2,322

    MEMBERS OF LHF

    Is it really not possible for you moderators to delete members that have not been active, let's say for the past year?

    Very frustrated to read that a member since 1993 has a birthday with 0 posts.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Guido's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,506
    Come on Rolf...

    At least this member didn't create any problems to the forum. But if we delete him it isn't a problem either.

    Let the mod's decide


    Oh regarding your Avatar, don't change the 4343 to Everests!!

  3. #3
    Super Moderator Hofmannhp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Central Germany
    Posts
    1,350

    don't agree

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolf View Post
    Is it really not possible for you moderators to delete members that have not been active, let's say for the past year?

    Very frustrated to read that a member since 1993 has a birthday with 0 posts.
    Hi Rolf,

    I do not agree to your idea, but this is only my opinion.
    We all know that there is a large number of lurkers, which only read what the experts and wannabe experts wrote. They don't need a lot of system disk space, so let them contribute also in silence.
    I like them a lot more than the brain farts of some frequently posting members.

    HP
    Please help us save more info about the vintage systems. Let us register your speakers and drivers.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Ian Mackenzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7,329
    That's it .

    We need a farting contest!

    I actually let one go on American soil. Do as the Romans do as they say.
    Breakfast in America. Baked beans on toast anyone?

  5. #5
    Administrator Robh3606's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rocinante
    Posts
    8,158
    Breakfast in America. Baked beans on toast anyone?
    Who severed you that for breakfast??

    Rob

  6. #6
    Obsolete
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    NLA
    Posts
    14,548
    Quote Originally Posted by Hofmannhp View Post
    Hi Rolf,

    I do not agree to your idea, but this is only my opinion.
    We all know that there is a large number of lurkers, which only read what the experts and wannabe experts wrote. They don't need a lot of system disk space, so let them contribute also in silence.
    I like them a lot more than the brain farts of some frequently posting members.

    HP
    They contribute more than most will ever know
    I vote to keep them
    The "experts" provide the content
    The "wannabes" provide the entertainment
    And the occasional knock down drag out when they get too dellusional.
    It's all for the best I guess.

  7. #7
    Senior Member morbo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    399
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post
    That's it .

    We need a farting contest!

    Is their prize?
    and how much for entry fee
    oh who will be judging?
    http://www.medpot.net/forums/

    daily volcano demo`s
    find out the truth
    tell`em morbo sent you

    mention lansing heritage for 10% off

  8. #8
    Senior Member Ian Mackenzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7,329
    Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    Who severed you that for breakfast??

    Rob
    I think that was up at Lake Tahoe. Perhaps it was chilli beans .....got lost in translation when I ordered...

    Most of the farting was in Bo's garage.

  9. #9
    RIP 2010 scott fitlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    4,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post
    Breakfast in America. Baked beans on toast anyone?
    YOU need to come to Coney Island and have a couple of Nathans Chili Cheese dogs, that`ll set it off!
    scottyj

  10. #10
    Super Moderator Hofmannhp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Central Germany
    Posts
    1,350

    topic

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post
    ....Most of the farting was in Bo's garage.
    this is on the way to a real farting thread... and I see that I'd kicked it off.

    back to the topic boys

    HP
    Please help us save more info about the vintage systems. Let us register your speakers and drivers.

  11. #11
    Senior Member edgewound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post
    I think that was up at Lake Tahoe. Perhaps it was chilli beans .....got lost in translation when I ordered...

    Most of the farting was in Bo's garage.
    Ian....how dare you taint the pristine Lake Tahoe alpine air. That's a violation of California emmisions laws.

    Oh wait....maybe you were on the Nevada side where smoking is still allowed in the casino's and restaurants


    On topic....I don't see the harm in non-posters.
    Edgewound...JBL Pro Authorized...since 1988
    Upland Loudspeaker Service, Upland, CA

  12. #12
    RIP 2010 scott fitlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    4,657
    Even back when there were alot of members, who never posted.

    Some just like to look.
    scottyj

  13. #13
    RIP 2013 Rolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Skien, Norway
    Posts
    2,322
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post
    Come on Rolf...

    At least this member didn't create any problems to the forum. But if we delete him it isn't a problem either.

    Let the mod's decide


    Oh regarding your Avatar, don't change the 4343 to Everests!!
    Don't know yet Guido. Haven't heard them yet. Have you?

    To all else who have a comment about this: the only thing I was thinking about was to get the number of members more precise. Have nothing against those who just read from time to time. Maybe I should just do that too.

    EDIT: When I say active, I mean logged on.

  14. #14
    Obsolete
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    NLA
    Posts
    14,548
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolf View Post
    the only thing I was thinking about was to get the number of members more precise.
    After spending a few days doing the metrics I came to the conclusion that it won't be accurate without a database reconciliation and why bother. If I remember correctly the current count is about a hundred off give or take a few hundred.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Ian Mackenzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7,329
    Rolf the only way would be to build in a re registration or membership expiry after say 12 months. They woud still be a member but would need to update their password.

    Perhap the most recent version of the forums already has the statistics you are concerned with.

    Ian

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. I propose a video tour of & for members
    By sonofagun in forum General Audio Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-13-2006, 12:41 AM
  2. California Members any Members
    By kingjames in forum General Audio Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-30-2005, 07:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •