Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: WHY SO MUCH BS BANDWIDTH?

Edited, Got cha!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill H. View Post
    I don't post much because I have very little to offer with all the other talent that reside here. I mainly read and lurk because it relaxes me, but I have donated every spring for the last three years for the priviledge of learning.
    Thanks Bill
    Nice to hear from you Bill. I suspect you are one of many.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Pachkowsky View Post
    Nice to hear from you Bill. I suspect you are one of many.

Ken
    I prefer 7 of 9.

Edited.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    I prefer 7 of 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    I prefer 7 of 9.

Edited.
    As always, to the point.

Ken

Sorry folks. When I originaly posted this thread I wrote some sentences that may be interpreted as antagonistic. At the time I wrote it some big Altec fans were bitch slapping each other while a meaningless (IMHO) discussion was going on about some infinity speakers and it's value. This was also going on about the same time a slew of misimformation by another poster misguiding someone on the usage and values on a crossover. At the time I kept asking myself how in the hell does a poster who was asking what would be a good starter JBL less than a year ago, post advice on several models he/she has since owned and was stepping up to help any newbie with his bogus advice. A few years ago the voice of reason (Many members) would havce stepped in and straightened this out. Ahh but the world has opened up and no one has time (I don't have the expertise) to pipe up every few minutes.

Anyway after venting I went back to delete and found all I could do was edit so I did.

The jest of my venting was not particularly directed towards anyone but......I could give a flying crap about Altecs, Fisher, Pioneer, Marantz are any other early version of the mass produced Japanese speakers products when the USA electronic companies decided to farm out. And just so you know I'm not a racist in anyway I find the current mass produced Japanese stuff better than any American mass produced stuff today. I love the discussion of JBL Heritage products. Don't mind hearing about how other products compare side by side but.......

Seems that there is a bit of hostility amongst a few of the new members towards each other. As a matter of fact we all know the individuals in questions politics, likes and dislikes, ect. But now it seems they want to stalk each other on the boards. I even agree with ones politics over the other. Yet I believe the 2 should shut the $%#& about each other. You truly are wasting bandwidth as I am now.

So right or wrong that's what I was venting about. I was comparing the old boards to the new and felt like venting.

Thanks beer... I missed your initial post and wondered what in hell this was all about.

FWIW I agree with your summary of the situation. I guess it is just an unfortunate reality of life on the web. I think intelligent conversations about Infinity et al are fine, but when it results in a bunch of "mine is better than yours" then what is the point.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Audiobeer View Post
    Sorry folks. When I originaly posted this thread I wrote some sentences that may be interpreted as antagonistic. At the time I wrote it some big Altec fans were bitch slapping each other while a meaningless (IMHO) discussion was going on about some infinity speakers and it's value.
    I posted the thread on the meaningless Infinity speakers. The purpose of this thread was to show the high prices all speakers are bringing on Ebay. It was not posted for your approval nor do I seek it.

All I can say is that if it's so meaningless then why in the hell did you read it?

I think the problem here is that the world is changing and yet some member's here think they can live in the 19th century. Wake up and smell the coffee.

What makes this forum great is the diversity of it's people with their different opinions on what is important and what is not.

And about your statement about the Infinity thread being meaningless well let me borrow a line from the movie "Gone With The Wind" , "Frankly My Dear I don't Give A Damn!

Quote Originally Posted by kingjames View Post
    I posted the thread on the meaningless Infinity speakers. The purpose of this thread was to show the high prices all speakers are bringing on Ebay. It was not posted for your approval nor do I seek it.

All I can say is that if it's so meaningless then why in the hell did you read it?
    I agree with you... I didn't read that thread because it didn't interest me... though it was a perfectly acceptable thread. If a large number of people want to talk about how expensive balls of twine are going for on eBay or politics so be it.

It does become frustrating though when those posts start to out number actual Lansing Heritage threads and posts... I think this is the frustration Audiobeer was venting... I don't think he meant to single you out.

Widget

I could be wrong, but I can certainly see it ultimately becoming an issue for the moderators that HAVE to read every post, lots of random noise could cause them to lose interest in the volunteer job they perform. Maybe, at the least, we (myself included) should all keep that aspect of it in mind- there are generous humans sitting at screens slogging through these posts, and while what we type might not need to be 100% Lansing Heritage content, a high percentage of it should be of value to the forum members.

This is a blanket statement, not aimed at any of the particular examples Mr. A. Beer pointed out...

je (...mmmm, A Beer...)

Mr.Widget it is one thing to delete a thread right after posting it because you feel it was too strong of a reply which I have done on Occasion but, then I don't post part of it in a second thread to show what I deleted in the first thread.What sense does that make.

I took it personal because he said it was meaningless. I try to live my life not making meaningless mistakes and don't need to be called out on something as meaingless as what he said.

I see this forum has quite a few area's that cover BS Bandwidth and I suppose it was designed to keep the BS out of the other thread's.

I don't go to the DIY forums and bitch about not understanding what their talking about, I only go there to read because everything else there is over my head so I don't comment on anything that I don't have knowledge of out of respect for the people there with their projects.

Why is it that the die hard JBL members see fit to trash all the less technical area's with there accusations.

They come into an area that I feel comfortable with like,Non Audio Discussions and say what we talk about is BS Bandwidth.

I have read the description of this area and I am within the rules to post whatever I want as long I stay within the forum guidelines.

I don't know why there is more BS Bandwidth then actual DIY-er's, or people capable of talking serious JBL but maybe the attitudes of some of the members here might have something to do with it.

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Sanford View Post
    there are generous humans sitting at screens slogging through these posts
    While that was true at one time - Not anymore there isn't. This is no longer a controlled enviroment. Absolutely, positively use at your own risk!

At least now I understand Audiobeer's response to me. Sorry Audiobeer, I don't police this crap at all anymore. Yeah, as Don has stated several times, I did build it, but it's waaaaaay out of my hands now.

Don has also stated several times that this is simply the way Internet forums go. I think the lack of feedback or policy change is proof positive that this forum is functioning correctly as is. I suppose I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by kingjames View Post

What makes this forum great is the diversity of it's people with their different opinions on what is important and what is not.
    It's also what makes it not great.

You know what? Yes, there are moderators on this forum, I remember once upon a time, we didnt have them, and we didnt need them either. And at the time, we were a civil forum, many flare ups on other forums. However, through time we grew, and things changed, and we wound up having mods.

But, we cant delete everything, or tell everyone how to act either. And when we do delete posts or close threads because of nasty BS, we get screamed at, and then, when we dont delete or close to some peoples satisfactions, we get screamed at.

After a while? You just say, hey whatever! Unless I see REALLY inappropriate stuff or members really getting into it, I dont even bother!

Just like this is the way internet forums go, so go some peoples desire to express real talk on said forums.
    scottyj

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebake View Post
    It's also what makes it not great.
    Exactly. It makes it just like any other Internet forum. But whatever...

BTW - This "diversity" kick the planet is on right now is comical. What will they think of next.
    Goofballs... I guess they are just hedging their bets against extinction.
    Quote Originally Posted by scott fitlin View Post
    After a while? You just say, hey whatever! Unless I see REALLY inappropriate stuff or members really getting into it, I dont even bother!
    Nice summation!

Thread Information