It was interesting to me that Kingjames's list of BS found it everywhere except Project May and DIY. That's why I posted the snippet about DIY.

There was a time when DIY was considered "noise," especially DIY as I practice it. Still is, by some. We had a long discussion about it on the forum, and I participated in the role of devil's advocate. There were several calls for that thread to be shut down as it progressed.

Point being that the site evolves to meet the needs and desires of the participants. DIY, I believe, is now seen as one of the most valuable and interesting forums here.

I've got my peeves, too, though I accept that I'm certainly no one to talk. Two that come to mind are "What's playing now," which was originally for "special" finds. I have no interest in knowing every disc that some member or members slip into their player, and the "specials" are now buried in the daily routine "playlist."

The second is similar, now that I think about it. Is there some value in diligently posting every flea market non-JBL acquisition here? I certainly get as excited by vintage JBL bargain finds as anybody else, but who gives a whit about the rest of it?

I guess if others do, I'm perfectly capable of ignoring these and others. As was already suggested, the noise ebbs and swells, and, ultimately, an appropriate balance prevails. I'd just like to see this site's balance skewed more to the serious than the frivolous in general content. There's plenty of other sites already specializing in blather and pap out there....