Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 250Ti LE14H-1 Replaced by LE14H-3

Geez, I make a post to my old topic about replacing the -1 driver in my 250Ti systems with -3 drivers along with a sexy glamorous pic, and how I am enjoying them except for a well-known lack of very low bass and my efforts to correct that. But, forum members here so far have not shown any love for a fellow JBL owner expressing his bliss while still pursuing audio perfection…

Was my 20MAY2017 post just a waste of my time?

Quote Originally Posted by varice View Post
    In my post on 20MAY2017, I did NOT ask for any “help”, did I? The so called “help” offered was unsolicited, and in my opinion, insulting because it was based on the incorrect assumption that I am ignorant about how to connect drivers in proper phase, and would not be able to realize the mistake before foolishly posting here to complain… In my opinion, people that offer this kind of unsolicited "help" have lost a lot of respect that I would have for them....

OH GOOD F**KING GRIEF, I would have thought just a comment like, "I am good there...thanks", or no comment at all would be respectful. Instead we have to deem what you think you know about all things audio before offering any response? Sorry I responded at all.
    David F
    San Jose

Deep breath time. Let's all try to remember this is just audio.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by DavidF View Post
    OH GOOD F**KING GRIEF, I would have thought just a comment like, "I am good there...thanks", or no comment at all would be respectful. Instead we have to deem what you think you know about all things audio before offering any response? Sorry I responded at all.
    Again, I did NOT ask for any “response”, did I? Any unsolicited “help” offered will run the risk of false assumptions that may insult… just as it did in this case… as you suggest, a no comment would have been more respectful... don't you think?

Has anyone else replaced -1 with -3 drivers? If so, what was your experience?
    From the study of English punctuation in school, I learned that ending a sentence with a question mark is an invitation to receive responses.

You asked, and therefore, received...and then lashed out.

You get what you give.
    Edgewound...JBL Pro Authorized...since 1988
    Upland Loudspeaker Service, Upland, CA

Again, I did NOT ask for any “response”, did I? Any unsolicited “help” offered will run the risk of false assumptions that may insult… just as it did in this case… as you suggest, a no comment would have been more respectful... don't you think?
    Haha. You posted on a public internet forum and ended a statement with a "?".

Exclamation

Sorry for the late reply. We had some very severe weather here Sunday evening. My power went out about 6PM and was not restored until 11:30AM today. The NWS estimated that there was a straight line wind event of 80 to 95 MPH through Desoto Parish, LA. I live just a few miles south of the Desoto Parish border. It caused the death of one man when he was hit by a falling tree and of course knocked out a lot of power lines. I’m so thankful that severe gust did not happen here at my house. It could easily have knocked down one or two big oak trees in my yard onto my house. I guess being without power for about forty hours is a small price to pay for dodging that bullet.

All that being said, it reminded me that there are much higher priorities in life than engaging in silly arguments on internet forums. Life is already too short for that kind of nonsense.

All that being said, it reminded me that there are much higher priorities in life than engaging in silly arguments on internet forums. Life is already too short for that kind of nonsense.
    Thank you for this... you are so right. Funny how easy it is for us to lose perspective. I think it is a human condition as it seems to afflict most all of us.

Glad to hear you and your speakers are still safe.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by edgewound View Post
    ...The LE14H-3 is reported to have a bit more sensitivity due to the lighter moving mass of ~8 grams.

So...it's unusual for yours to have less output when Greg Timbers says it will be slight louder...by about 1-2dB...
    When I was thinking of replacing my second set of -1s with the -3s several years ago, I could have sworn that I found information that indicated just the opposite. But that is all moot at this point. I actually replaced the -1s three or four years ago, and decided to get a subwoofer about two years ago, along with modifying the subwoofer filter circuitry of an electronic crossover to get the subwoofer to blend better with my 250Ti system (I’ve made significant progress in this regard). It appears that maybe I should have mentioned all of this in my 20MAY2017 post, as I was way past the point of needing help with the -3 replacement...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    Thank you for this... you are so right. Funny how easy it is for us to lose perspective. I think it is a human condition as it seems to afflict most all of us.

Glad to hear you and your speakers are still safe.

Widget
    Thanks, Mr. Widget. I appreciate that very much.

Thread Information