Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 250Ti LE14H-1 Replaced by LE14H-3

Ok, according to the two latest replies my 14" is the same. I just started to wonder, because if you measure the actual cone diameter with foam ring, it's not more than a 12" woofer. But if you measure across the frames edges on the widest part, is 14".

I don't really like that kind of tricky way to boost a woofers size. You can if you like then have a 4" cone with a 3" wide mounting frame, and call i a 10" speaker....

Dr Tinnitus

Please forgive me for digging up my very old topic .

The foam surrounds on the second set of LE14H-1 drivers installed in my 250Ti speakers have now started to fail. So the new LE14H-3 drivers I purchased years ago for replacement are out of storage and being prepared for installation. I was never successful in getting the proper gaskets (354680-001) though. I e-mailed another inquiry today to [email protected], but I think that will probably be another wasted effort. If anyone has them, or knows of an alternative source, or any advice on sealing that gap, please let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by varice View Post
    I e-mailed another inquiry today to [email protected], but I think that will probably be another wasted effort. If anyone has them, or knows of an alternative source, or any advice on sealing that gap, please let me know!
    You might want to check that spelling!!

According to the web site: [email protected]

Why not just pick up the phone? 1-800-336-4525
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    You might want to check that spelling!!

According to the web site: [email protected]

Why not just pick up the phone? 1-800-336-4525
    My spelling is just fine. I've used that e-mail address from the Harmon Online Store successfully several times before, and have already recieved an automated confirmation about my most recent inquiry tonight.

Thanks for the phone number and another e-mail address though...

I was just checking my LE14H-3 drivers and noticed that there seems to be a groove around the inside surface of the mounting flange similar to where an O-ring is used with the LE14H-1 as a seal. I wonder if the original 250Ti O-ring could be used with the -3. When I replaced the original -1s many years ago though, I noticed the original O-rings were deformed. Anyway, an O-ring fabricated from scratch would be easier to acquire than the -3 gaskets which seem to be no longer available…

My spelling is just fine. I've used that e-mail address from the Harmon Online Store successfully several times before, and have already recieved an automated confirmation about my most recent inquiry tonight.

Thanks for the phone number and another e-mail address though...
    It's Harman, not Harmon.

Seems like a sheet of bulk cork gasket material, available at most auto stores, could be easily used to make a serviceable gasket.

Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    It's Harman, not Harmon.
    Oh good grief, I did spell it wrong!

Sorry guys. I looked at it and would have sworn that it was spelled right. Good thing that it is correct in my e-mail address book.

Harmin' Kittens ... them HK folks get no respect on any forum (but you'd think it'd be right here, at least!)

Oh good grief, I did spell it wrong!

Sorry guys. I looked at it and would have sworn that it was spelled right. Good thing that it is correct in my e-mail address book.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Harmin' Kittens ... them HK folks get no respect on any forum (but you'd think it'd be right here, at least!)
    Harmin' Kittens

On another forum a member uses the alias KarmanHardon!

An internet search (if you dare) on Karman Hardon gives many intentional and unintentional uses of the name…

I bought a pair of LE14H-3 off Harman a few years back, they didn't come with any gaskets (or packing, but that's another story).

Quote Originally Posted by JeffW View Post
    I bought a pair of LE14H-3 off Harman a few years back, they didn't come with any gaskets (or packing, but that's another story).
    I was very unhappy with the way my LE14H-3s were not packed well for shipment…

They obviously should have been double boxed… Thank goodness there was not any major damage…

I’m curious though, how are you using your -3s?

I’m curious though, how are you using your -3s?
    I'm not. I bought them as replacements for the LE14H-1 in a pair of 250Ti, but never got around to putting them in there before retiring the speakers. I did put them in decent boxes before they went to storage, though.

Smile Proper gaskets on the way!

I got some good news today! Two proper gaskets are scheduled by UPS for delivery this Friday. What a pleasant surprise that Harman actually had them in stock.

It sure will be nice to get my 250Ti system back to full song. I hope that installing the LE14H-3 drivers will be the last major maintenance that is ever necessary for the drivers and provide many more years of classic JBL system listening bliss. I think that the -3s will also make a better visual match in the 250Ti. The thicker mounting flange of the -3 along with the outward spacing by the gasket will more closely match the thick flange of the lower mid-range 108H driver than the thinner LE14H-1…

250Ti original LE14H1 repair with LE14H3 cone kit

Hi Guys!

I changed my 250Ti original LE14H1 woofers cone after 10 years, with LE14H3 cone kits.
    Because I just can this order from JBL now in this country (Hungary).
    Last year my friend even got original H1 cone kit...

So, the H3 cone not interchangable with the H1!
    Diameter is OK, but H3's on bobbin (perforated fiberglass) the voice coil appr. 1/4 inc further away from the neck.
    The H1's bobbin kapton, not perforated.
    Therefore the H3 cone in the original H1 woofer basket not located in the right place.
    It is falls outside the optimal magnetic fields in the air gap.
    The result of a 250Ti sound become thin and powerless, like a amplifier's power is reduced half.

I think the solution, that the new H3 rubber frame should only be used at the renovations...
    I tried this and with the new rubber frame become very cool the result, the sound is powerful, precise, authentic!
    Or whole woofer replace the new type.

(I apologize the poor English for knowledge)

Thread Information