Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: John Eargle On Everest CD

Quote Originally Posted by boputnam View Post
    Someone nominate someone soon...
    I nominate TI-Dome

Sorry Bud

Ken

I also would nominate TI-Dome and for his trouble should be awarded a Free CD.All money is for LHS treasury.

Just think Ti-Dome with this cd you will really appreciate those Titanium Domes.

The funds should go straight to the LH treasurer as normal donations. Anyone who gave already this year ($10 or more) gets one chance. Any donations after the official OK is given will get one chance per $10 donated, plus maybe a bonus as Heather indicated.

Concurrent with the official okey-dokey announcement is the ending date announcement (30 days?), then at the end of the time the LH treasurer sends the drawing coordinator a simple spreadsheet showing who donated what on what date from Jan 1 to the end of the fundraiser. The drawing coordinator figures the number of chances per entrant, assigns a ticket number for each chance (using pre-printed tickets) and draws the necessary number of tickets to produce 30 unique winners. Winners are notified and CDs shipped out, paid from LH proceeds.

I run a nonprofit. We do this shit all the time. I can do it in my sleep. I'll volunteer to do everything except receive the money and produce the actual CDs. I'll send Bo one bill for the postage after all is said and done. I'll donate the packaging if necessary. I'll invite Steve Schell or somebody else close by to supervise the draw. BUT, if I do all this, I want a CD. I'll still make a donation, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Pachkowsky View Post
    I nominate TI-Dome

Sorry Bud

Ken
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjames View Post
    I also would nominate TI-Dome and for his trouble should be awarded a Free CD.All money is for LHS treasury.

Just think Ti-Dome with this cd you will really appreciate those Titanium Domes.
    Geez, I hope your tickets don't get lost.

How about

1 chance for every 10$ donation since January 1?

Ken

TI-Dome couldn't have said it better myself. . I will call mike again on Monday to get the cd's shipped maybe to you or something. Let me know about an address, or I can call him and give him your name and email address and you can deal with him direct after I let him know what we decided on.Let me know! Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    ...at the end of the time the LH treasurer sends the drawing coordinator a simple spreadsheet
    Way outside of my job description...

...I run a nonprofit. We do this shit all the time.
    Interesting syntax...

...I can do it in my sleep. I'll volunteer to do everything ...
    Bingo. That there is what I was looking for!
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

...a simple spreadsheet showing who donated what on what date from Jan 1 to the end of the fundraiser.
    There are some problems with this:
    1. Many who donate prefer to be kept anonymous - they are known only to me and Don.
    2. There are some who donated since Jan 1 and may not have an interest in this? Using that start-date, you are diluting the chances of those donating FOR this "cause".
    3. I suggest you set a START and END date - all donations in that period will be specific and tagged for this "cause".
    4. I hear nothing but "Aye!!"s from everyone in my earshot...
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Bingo. That there is what I was looking for! [/quote]
    Does this mean we have the ok,BO?

Well, I contributed quietly in early Feb - not for the beer run thing, just a general thank you for the resources and the help I've gotten here, but I'd match it with another if I'd get chances/credit for both.

I vote for all contribs since Jan 1 counting towards this.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by kingjames View Post
    Does this mean we have the ok, BO?
    Hell, I don't care. I worry a bit about disclosure, which is why I prefer you set hard START and END dates, with clear rules.

Also, were it me, I would lower the threshold and thereby increase the frequency, if you get my drift. With most raffles, tickets are priced low and players buy many, increasing their odds (and the overall funds). HOWEVER, in the PayPal world, this might sum to too many fees, but I haven't done the maths.

TiDome: what say you - have you looked at this?
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

....The drawing coordinator figures the number of chances per entrant, assigns a ticket number for each chance (using pre-printed tickets) and draws the necessary number of tickets to produce 30 unique winners. ...
    I don't think you need to actually issue printed hard copy tickets. Just assign each donor a sequential number for each $10 they donate and then at the end of the program use a random number generator to "pick" the winninig tickets.

Is it possible for the supplier to burn as many as needed (paying the royalities as required) and use it as an an ongoing fundraiser for Lansing Heritage?

Someone should talk with John about that.

I'd be happy to pay $30 a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tweak48 View Post
    Is it possible for the supplier to burn as many as needed (paying the royalities as required) and use it as an an ongoing fundraiser for Lansing Heritage?

Someone should talk with John about that.

I'd be happy to pay $30 a copy.
    There's a great idea.

Ken

The copies we are getting I assume to be original.Making copies of these would be an insult to the generosity of JBL. I don't think anyone is prepared to collect royalties and do the paperwork even if JBL were to go along with it.

Thread Information