Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you could have only one: L-112 or L80T

Question Old Thread I know but....

Deciding whether I should pounce on these or not:
    http://www.usedvictoria.com/classifi...akers_14421963
    Right now I have L100A (Late Version) and am considering these for either a media room that I am setting up or to replace the speaker set in my son's room that he uses for XBOX and his little integrated Technics amp (both shown). Price is of course $Canadian
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    JBL L100A (Late Model), Pioneer SA-8500II (as Pre-Amp), Carver M-200t, Pioneer TX-6500II, IPOD 80GB Classic

Which to pick

I'd go with the L-112's Great lower end and nice to listen to. IMHO
    K2S5800,Proj Array1000,880,1500,SynthesisTWO,250Ti,240Ti,120Ti& 18Ti,S38,Libra,Ti2K,Dorian,L36,88,99,100,300,Jubal ,Apollo,4425

Quote Originally Posted by Bones View Post
    Deciding whether I should pounce on these or not:
    http://www.usedvictoria.com/classifi...akers_14421963
    Your link shows L80ts but your attached photos are . . . unrelated??

I now have the experience I did not back in 2007. I own 2-pair of L80Ts, both now outfitted with T3 crossovers. In otherwise great shape, the stock L80T (before T3 upgrade) was just okay. It really stepped up in listenability after the T3 crossovers. It's still no L112 and not really even as good ultimately as the L96, but it's a damn fine speaker for the $80 I have in the first pair and $120 I have in the second including the T3 crossover mod.

I've also done the Gordon W mods to both pair. They really perform well until you A-B them with something better. Before the T3 mods I covered the 035ti with a tissue to keep it from tiring my ears. Bass is good, better now with Gordon's mods, but the L96 is still flawless by comparison. I'm gonna have to disqualify myself from the L112 question since I've had mine for 30-years and obviously can no longer be considered objective. They were always the second-system to my 030s so that tells you what a tin-ear I have!
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post

I now have the experience I did not back in 2007. I own 2-pair of L80Ts, both now outfitted with T3 crossovers. In otherwise great shape, the stock L80T (before T3 upgrade) was just okay. It really stepped up in listenability after the T3 crossovers. It's still no L112 and not really even as good ultimately as the L96, but it's a damn fine speaker for the $80 I have in the first pair and $120 I have in the second including the T3 crossover mod.

I've also done the Gordon W mods to both pair. They really perform well until you A-B them with something better. Before the T3 mods I covered the 035ti with a tissue to keep it from tiring my ears. Bass is good, better now with Gordon's mods, but the L96 is still flawless by comparison. I'm gonna have to disqualify myself from the L112 question since I've had mine for 30-years and obviously can no longer be considered objective. They were always the second-system to my 030s so that tells you what a tin-ear I have!
    L112's for sure. I think they also slay the L5's I have here since this old thread ran.

WRT to the L5 (and to a degree the L80T);

I don't think the Ti gives it much advantage (for these old ears) to the 044.

I don't think the 704G/104H-2 holds a candle to the LE5-12.

I don't think the bottom end can compete with the venerable 128H-1.

There's a lot going for the L112 that's hard to best.

I'm going with the L-112's.

Quote Originally Posted by Audiobeer View Post
    I'm going with the L-112's.
    I did, too . . . 30-years ago!
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Question L80t

I thought I explained in the post what the photos were but hopefully this will amplify. I am hoping to replace the speaker shown (which my teenage son currently uses in his room) and will drive the new replacement speakers with the amp shown. Not sure why the L112 keeps coming up except the the original title of this thread perhaps. L112's are really not an option for me since only the L80T speakers are being sold here locally. If I did get the L80T I probably would upgrade X-over. Right now just trying to ascertain whether the set of speakers (link provided in my post) are a reasonable buy or not I guess....
    Being a 15 year old I doubt he will care that the speaker is coloured, un-coloured, flat response or not. If it hits him in the forhead with an ice-pick he will be good to go I think....
    Cheers

JBL L100A (Late Model), Pioneer SA-8500II (as Pre-Amp), Carver M-200t, Pioneer TX-6500II, IPOD 80GB Classic

I thought I explained in the post what the photos were but hopefully this will amplify. I am hoping to replace the speaker shown (which my teenage son currently uses in his room) and will drive the new replacement speakers with the amp shown. Not sure why the L112 keeps coming up except the the original title of this thread perhaps. L112's are really not an option for me since only the L80T speakers are being sold here locally. If I did get the L80T I probably would upgrade X-over. Right now just trying to ascertain whether the set of speakers (link provided in my post) are a reasonable buy or not I guess....
    Being a 15 year old I doubt he will care that the speaker is coloured, un-coloured, flat response or not. If it hits him in the forhead with an ice-pick he will be good to go I think....
    Cheers
    Thanks for clarifying because it wasn't clear in your first post.

It might have been more clear had you started a new thread specifically about the L80T instead of posting in an old thread discussing the L112 vs. L80T.

I've got 3 pairs now,so I guess I'm on the L112 wagon also.

Quote Originally Posted by super440 View Post
    I've got 3 pairs now,so I guess I'm on the L112 wagon also.
    Surround sound - and a spare!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

If you treat your child right now you may have a convert on your hand years down the road...

"Dad its your fault! iIf you had given me the crappy speakers back then I
    wouldn't have never gotten the JBL disease and collect these ridiculous speakers now...

Isn't he worth the better speaker?

Mark
    Changing to Legacy Audio and started with a Silver Screen HD for my center between the 250TIs

Being a 15 year old I doubt he will care that the speaker is coloured, un-coloured, flat response or not.
    Which compels me to ask why you revived the thread in the first place?

Which compels me to ask why you revived the thread in the first place?
    Probably just felt like it

Thread Information