Thread: Lexicon L7 compared to H/K L7

MJC

Lexicon L7 compared to H/K L7

The fact that I've never had the chance to hear the Lexicon pre/pros got me to wondering if the Logic 7 in those units are the same as the Logic 7 in H/K receivers. Or is the L7 processing in Lexicon a better quality. I'm just talking the L7, its a no brainer, that the overall quality of a Lexicon is going to be better than what comes from the pre outs of the H/K AVR635 or other such receiver.

Logic7 in HK receivers is functionally identical to L7 in Lexicon processors. You're going to get L7 cinema and L7 music. The main difference is that Lexicon processors have all the (complex and exact) adjustable parameters for L7 while HK receivers do not.

If you don't need or want to tweak the L7 modes, then you'll have no major disappointments with L7 on HK receivers. However, if you want to customize L7 to a great extent for your personal preferences, then you do not have that capability with HK receivers, especially with the mid and low end products.

Any JBL consumer entry-level products with L7 like the DCR600 are going to have the most bare bones, locked-in approach of all.

Thread Information