I have emailed JBL asking if their copyright was still in force on the Sessions 2 LP set with Hoyt Axton circa 1973 that I purchased on ebay.

I know copyrights must be renewed ever so often and if not renewed then they are considered public domain and, I am not sure here. My discussions and reply's from them will be posted in this thread.I hope to think a demand for this on cd is the concensus here. I even offered them the original albums to put it on cd and sell if they want to. What do you guys think? Is there a demand for this on cd? Please let me know your thoughts.

This paragraph is my first respondence to them

This is a legal question. I purcahsed JBL Sessions LP a 2 album set on
> ebay called"JBL Studio Test W/Hoyt Axton 1973.My question is do you
> still have a valid copyright on this? I am asking because I want to put
> these 2 albums on cd and offer it to members of Lansing Heritage. I do
> not want to do this if there are legal ramifications. I do know
> copyrights must be renewed and I am not sure on this. Please let me know
> as I don't want to break the law and I do respect copyrighted
> material.Thankyou for your time and I do await your reply.

This is the reply from JBL

Good afternoon and thank you for your inquiry. Frankly, I'm not sure
what the legal ramifications of this are. I suspect that it might depend
on whether your intention is to sell these for a profit. Can you be more
specific about what you had in mind?

PS: We're very appreciative of the enthusiasm and support offered by the
folks at Lansing Heritage. Is there something we can do to help with the
project? Perhaps we could duplicate and distribute the disks (no charge)
if someone supplied a master disk and a list of members who should
receive them.

Best Regards,
Vu Le
Internet Support Specia

This is my last reply

My intent was to have a member record the albums to cd and I was going to offer the cd's to members who would make a donation to LHS. I would not profit from this.I could send you the albums and you could make it to cd. The Sessions Albums are in much demand as we don't believe it has ever been issued on cd.I won the albums on ebay and could submit them to you for this project. I would let you keep the originals just to have one on cd with your blessing. In return you could possibly offer this to the public for a fee since there is quite a demand for it on cd.I don't have the original Albums yet but they should arrive this week. This is the JBL Sessions LP (2) Album Set With Hoyt Axton 1973.I will start a thread on LHS on this matter to see what the current concensus is and if I am to go by the past remarks on this subject than the demand is much more today. Please let me know your thoughts in this matter. Thankyou. James Cichocki nickname on LHS is kingjames