Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Walnut H9800

That's a beautiful design. Well done.

If it sounds nearly as good as it looks, you've made in intelligent and inspired investment of your time and talent.

stunner !

Anyone can learn cad and cnc that, but what you done requires a real gift.
    I would love to meet you sometime .It's what I call," S.F.M technology". Shear F-----G Majic.
    Rich. JBL and Wood lover

Just Gorgeous!
    glen

"Make it sound like dinosaurs eating cars"
    - Nick Lowe, while producing Elvis Costello

Very good John.

mats

Uh! Ah!
    Stunning work

RIP 2009
    Truly amazing, John! I can't wait to hear your listening impressions once you get the other LF.

John

Thanks for the nice comments.
    Has anyone mated Timber's 2435hpl compensation filter up to a passive hi-pass, low-pass network? I am considering this for these. I think occasionally I might like to run them without the active crossover. Something around 750hz with a bi-amp switch.

I have been playing with the idea but I need to build my cabinets first. You might want to try the Array Crossover as a model. Should at least get you in the ball park. As always simply outstanding work. It's a real pleasure looking at your projects.

Rob

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...ad.php?t=10643

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by John W View Post
    Has anyone mated Timber's 2435hpl compensation filter up to a passive hi-pass, low-pass network? I am considering this for these. I think occasionally I might like to run them without the active crossover. Something around 750hz with a bi-amp switch.
    Once again, the compensation filter is for the 435Be/H4338 horn combination. I'm not real sure who morphed it. Everyone should realize that non-trivial R & D went into it's design including the use of the Harman anechoic chamber. That said, you're welcome! I am ecstatic that someone has incorporated it into a superlative personal loudspeaker design. I'm not finished tweaking my full passive filter yet so I can't help you at this time.

I think you made a great choice in going with the LE14H-3 transducer. It is fantastic in the 3.5 to 4.0 cu ft volume tuned to 28 to 30 Hz. It has the extended low frequency bandwidth that the 1200FE and 1500AL lack. I would aquaplas those 2435HPL's for you but turn around time right now is several months (I have ten pair sitting on the bench to do right now).

Outstanding John!

Quote Originally Posted by John W View Post
    I'll do a passive design similar to your setup soon. I still need some components. As soon as I receive them I'll finish my passive x-overs (750-800Hz). I have L.E.A.P available.
    But I know that Giskard will be faster and I'm also interested in his results.

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post
    But I know that Giskard will be faster and I'm also interested in his results.
    Actually I won't be finishing mine up until Project May is finished. Fast I'm not. Thorough I am. My H4338's came in last week and I'll be seeing how they work with the Project May (Everest II) bottom end. Right now I am running the Project May bottom end with Tannoy DC's and the result is killer.

Yes, thanks very much Giskard. I realize the filter isn't for the exact combination. Still lacking all the necassary facilities, its a good place to start. I've been meaning to have the drivers aquaplased, keep me updated if your backlog goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by Giskard View Post
    Fast I'm not. Thorough I am.
    May the force be with you in your efforts.

Hi John

Nice cabinetry work ! ( as always ) .

- Do you have any more pics that you could post that show the building stages ( I always love those ) ?

About those curved walls ;

- It appears you used the same approach that you used on your last curved wall enclosures . Is this correct ?

Would you please run through this procedure for us ( again ) / highlighting any deviations or evolutions from the original approach that you mght have made .

Thanks <> EarlK

Quote Originally Posted by Giskard View Post
    Right now I am running the Project May bottom end with Tannoy DC's and the result is killer.
    Are you using the old pepper pot style or the new tulip waveguides?

I was thinking of doing a 4-way with a pair of sub1500s I have. I would still need to find a driver to do 60-300hz-ish.

Thread Information