Thread: Rare JBL Brochures

JBL 4645

Arrow Rare JBL Brochures

My dad brought over a bag that had the blue folder that has some JBL brochures they seem rare but I have no facilities like picture scanner to copy them.

I’ll look into a new cheap picture scanning device soon.

bop you can place the information in the JBL technical library.

Just took this picture to give you a brief look at what I have.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Cool stuff - but, I wouldn't rush out an buy a scanner right away.

I know I've read here that they have a ton of documents that have already been scanned and are ready to load, that have been pending for a long time (well over 1 year and maybe longer) and haven't been added to the Library yet.
    There is some delay, maybe building that new version of the site we had a peek at a while back?

Anyway, I'd put your documents somewhere for safekeeping and wait to see what the Admins and Mods say ...
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Cool stuff - but, I wouldn't rush out an buy a scanner right away.

I know I've read here that they have a ton of documents that have already been scanned and are ready to load, that have been pending for a long time (well over 1 year and maybe longer) and haven't been added to the Library yet.
    There is some delay, maybe building that new version of the site we had a peek at a while back?

Anyway, I'd put your documents somewhere for safekeeping and wait to see what the Admins and Mods say ...
    Yeah I guess that might be wise.

I like the little green booklet The Cinedome 7-Plex theatres Fremont, Calif. A JBL installation

No idea if this cinema is still in business goes into fair detail that covers 10 pages including diagrams of the sound system and pictures behind the screen.

Anyway if I find cheap scanner for under £50.00 as they’ve been around for years now I might buy one or just wait and see what the JBL technical library has to offer.

Quote from The Cinedome 7-Plex theatres Fremont, Calif. A JBL installation

As for the subwoofers, the 2245 systems are absolutely essential in providing reproduction of the soundtrack below 200Hz, such as special effects and low rumbles. “They’re fantastic speakers”, says theatre manger Steve Elzinga. “When the subs come in, especially in the 70mm house, where some really good lows are encoded into the soundtracks, the empty seats in the audience will actually rattle. The crowds just love that kind of stuff”.

The Time Frame

Preparation and planning of sound and projection systems: March 1981- October 1981
    Design of sound and projection systems: November 1981- December 1981
    Theatre opened: December 21, 1981

Sound Systems

2 Dolby CP200 processor control/mag preamp units
    7 Altec 2200 amplifiers
    2 Dolby CP50 units
    2 Cinemacanica C55PTA
    sound system (mono)
    1 35mm magnetic sound system
    7 Altec 2275 amplifiers
    2 Altec 1270 amplifiers
    (800 watt power amplifiers for subwoofers)
    5 Altec 1598 monitors (for sound rack in the projection booth)
    20 ATD CFR 180 surround systems
    4 ATD LBC 225 cabinets for (subwoofer systems)

JBL Sound System Equipment

2 4670 sound reinforcement/theatre systems (mono)
    19 4508 enclosures
    38 2225J low frequency drives
    19 2360 high frequency horns
    19 3152 frequency dividing networks
    8 2245 subwoofer systems
    20 2202H low frequency speakers (surround speakers)
    20 2344 high frequency drivers (surround speakers)
    3 2309 / 10 high frequency horns

Projection Equipment

2 film systems SP70 35/70mm projectors
    5 film systems SP35 35mm projectors
    5 film systems SPP3 / MT platters
    5 Xetron XHC35 2,000 watt console systems
    7 Xetron MAXI-10 automation systems
    7 Technikote XR171 screens (in different sizes)

Audience Reaction

According to Elzinga, “It generally takes a year or two for a new theatre to get a track record going, for people to know you’re open. But business here as been fantastic. We opened up like gang busters and we’re already the second biggest grossing theatre in the company. We’ve got an excellent location and very little competition because the older theatres in the area don’t have the advantages of the latest equipment, especially the sound equipment. The domes have proven very popular, with their unique architectural design and big beams.”

Pointing out such successful 70mm releases as “The Empire Strikes Back” “Apocalypse Now” “Raiders of the Lost Ark” “E.T.,” Elzinga’s conclusion is that, There’s an upswing in 70mm movies now because movie-going audiences are becoming more and more quality conscious. They’re watching the focus of the picture, the size of the picture, the clarity of the sound. They’re being picky because they’re paying more at the box office.”

Thread Information