Thread: pioneer HPM-900s

pioneer HPM-900s

I must have some sort of illness. I went and bought a pair of pioneer HPM-900s today, not because i need them, but i desired them. Im not not even sure where to put these damn things. I am quickly running out of room here. someone please tell me stop my evil ways. REGARDS JIM

Quote Originally Posted by jim3860 View Post
    someone please tell me stop my evil ways. REGARDS JIM
    yeah , right....like I have any credibility in telling someone to stop buying speakers.

(I bot 2 mo pair yesterday, think I cot a virus from this forum)

Jim..whats the story with that rock in your avator ?
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

I must have some sort of illness. I went and bought a pair of pioneer HPM-900s today, not because i need them, but i desired them. Im not not even sure where to put these damn things. I am quickly running out of room here. someone please tell me stop my evil ways. REGARDS JIM
    Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    yeah , right....like I have any credibility in telling someone to stop buying speakers.

(I bot 2 mo pair yesterday, think I cot a virus from this forum)

you guys are going to have to hire wranglers to ride herd over all those speakers.i dont know if they even have a 12 step for y'all

Coming here for help about buying too many speakers seems odd to me. We are the last group to come too for advice. I am sure most of us have at least one extra pair somewhere. Try to focus on an upgrade somewhere else. That's what I did. Now I have too much gear to go with the speakers and enough raw drivers to keep me busy for a couple of years.

Great advice

Rob

PS We are in the same boat. Let's start an internet based support group for ESD excessive speaker disorder. What the hell they have disorders for every other damn thing.

In that vein, Emma was talking to a woman at church yesterday about my speaker hobby.
    Emma said "She finds them online and brings in speakers from all over - she has a wonderful setup in our entertainment room where they sound really great".

The woman says, "That's great! What do they talk about?"

Badda-boom!

For real - she really said that - like we have a bunch of lecterns setup in the media room ... sigh ...

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    Coming here for help about buying too many speakers seems odd to me.

PS We are in the same boat. Let's start an internet based support group for ESD excessive speaker disorder. What the hell they have disorders for every other damn thing.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

The woman says, "That's great! What do they talk about?"

Badda-boom!

For real - she really said that - like we have a bunch of lecterns setup in the media room ... sigh ...

So I guess we are misunderstood as well.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post

You know im not sure where that rock is at. I think its in australia but im not sure. I seen it one day saved the pic because i liked it. REGARDS JIM

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    Try to focus on an upgrade somewhere else. That's what I did. Now I have too much gear to go with the speakers and enough raw drivers to keep me busy for a couple of years.

Great advice

Rob

Oh great so now I will have more components than speakers huh? REGARDS JIM

At a risk of starting a virtual riot... I will say, the HPM900s are VERY GOOD speakers. I'm speaking as a former owner... If I hadn't run out of room, and someone hadn't offered me more than I could resist for them, I'd probably still have 'em!

Regards,
    Gordon.

Thread Information