Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Wilson speakers rumor

Romy the Cat
    Well, forget that I asked and let pretend that the answers were not know. It is obviously an empty subject in given case and the conversation has no worth or interest anymore, at least to me.

Romy the caT

Quote Originally Posted by Romy the Cat View Post
    Well, forget that I asked and let pretend that the answers were not know. It is obviously an empty subject in given case and the conversation has no worth or interest anymore, at least to me.

Romy the caT
    kinda like a "drive by shooting" ?? Interesting way to engender yourself to the forum on the first posts.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    kinda like a "drive by shooting" ?? Interesting way to engender yourself to the forum on the first posts.
    Try this...

http://www.goodsoundclub.com

Romy the Cat
    Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    Nope, it is not driving and shooting. It rather the experience to recognize the quality and capacity of fire by the smelling the smoke. Anyhow, you might drop me from the scope of this thread and go back to collaborate about connectivity between the suburban boredom and primary resosnt frequency. My apologies that I bothered you boys...

The Cat

Quote Originally Posted by sfellini View Post
    Uh, yeah.. Roman Bessnow has some interesting views..needs spell/grammer checker, too.

I quote
    "How to waste $25.000.00"

It is really amusing how Hi-Fi industry has built immunity against money. These days even a large amount of money one would spend have no benefits.
    A few days ago I was talking with an audio guy and he asked me what speakers might he consider if he wiling to spend $25.000.00. I honestly said that I do not know, as I’m not familiar with any reasonably performing speakers that should cost $25.000.00. The $25.000.00 is a lot of money and for that sum a think a person should get something more then a severally compromised sound and the typical pathetic designer's excuse: “it would be too expansive to make it better”. However, what surprised me in my thinking on this subject is not the fact that there is nothing out there that costs $25.000.00 but the fact that even paying twice as much a person would not get any better choices.
    If a person on a market for $1K-$2K loudspeaker than there are quiet a few very reasonably performing options. However, when you pay 25x or 50x times more, then what would you get if the 95% of all speakers-candidates deliver less interesting result then a $1K-level loudspeaker.
    Ironically, that this situation become a norm in audio industry and the manufacturers, distributors, dealers, and the marketing doodleists keep brewing this situation with your, the listeners, silent agreement
    Rgs,
    Romy the Cat

Quote Originally Posted by sfellini View Post
    Yikes! After reading that I felt like I needed to put bleach in my eyes.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by jim campbell View Post
    if i wasnt getting frustrated at every turn trying to find a decent set of big jb monitors,as well the memories of all that down time from a lack of available service and parts in this neck of the woods
    i dont have any other expensive vices beyond music and beer why the hell not.and how often are you going to find a pair of those for the price,local p/u and no sales tax(private sale)
    can vouch for Jims frustrating search (4435?), but when you have worked into your 50's , bills are taken care of , kids are covered, then why not ?

I am not so inclined , since I'm happy with my sys and enjoy traveling, but he loves music and will enjoy these the rest of his life, so give him a break.

Besides , they were local and none of the "shipping/pig in a poke" problems that we experience AND he can most likely get even or make money after years of enjoyment. geeze, its a win-win for Jim, be happy for him.

25 k budget

I'd like give 25k to Guido , Giskard, Riessen, Ian, Widget, Subwoof. I could imagine what they could design with those kind of $$$$$ Now that would be a speaker worth 25 k.
    Rich

Probably I just didn't pick up on something again but it looked to me like you were asked what it was about the Wilsons that made them worth that to you and rather than telling you reacted as if attacted so that anyone who is rather ignorant of the Wilsons still is and since they aren't even close to my price range I suppose it's not terribly important but I am curious, even more so by your reaction. I would think you would be proud as hell of anything you would spend that kind of money on and want to expound on their virtue. And no I'm not being sarcastic. I've heard them joked about for years but I have no personal experience of them at all so at first I thought this was a joke then I realized it wasn't then I wondered when your only response was defensive. If you have any desire to talk about them I'm interested and it would be the first time I have heard about them from an owner, maybe even from someone who has listened to them. As far as is any speaker worth that kind of money, only someone who is willing to spend that kind of money on speakers can answer that. Everybodys situation is different. I'm not in a position to advise if you should have bought them and I'll bet that several other posters to this thread aren't either. They just didn't let that bother them. I really would like to hear more about your speakers, especially if you can compare them to something I might be familiar with.

well thom you know me ill yak till the cows come home.ive only heard them in the showroom with a krell fpb 300 which is considered adequate and the sound is sublime,but i will say that it is a more subtle sound than the big jb's.the tone of rtc's original post led me to believe that it was either a joke or if not a scolding for spending what most would consider a great deal of money on gear that may be used more for bragging and less for music.for nearly all of my adult life music, live and recorded has been at the center of my little world and i have gone to great lengths to further that end..........try riding a bus across ireland,wales and england to catch some schnidke quartets......or standing for two hours on a folding chair in a crowd of drunken teens to see............well you get the picture.ive been unusually defensive of late as the tone of some reply's to recent posts ive made has been icy from some quarters,and if you read the original rtc post it is a tad out there.but if i have offended i apologize.............what i do find interesting is that most of my musician friends listen to their music on gear barely above the evolutionary ladder from clock radios,and i guess that the lack of any musical talent on my part has fostered a lifelong interest in listening to others and the quest for the best possible avenue for that persuit is what led me to jbl,audio research,bryston,etc,and ultimately wilson audio and hopefully a stiff dose of krell is in the future.does that help?........gotta go dig up led zep 2........ramble on is going around in my head.............

Quote Originally Posted by richluvsound View Post
    I'd like give 25k to Guido , Giskard, Riessen, Ian, Widget, Subwoof. I could imagine what they could design with those kind of $$$$$ Now that would be a speaker worth 25 k.
    Rich
    i live about a five minute drive from the ballet school your daughter?niece? attends so i'll see you when you are here.there is an english style pub not far from there and an irish one next door.25 k us is 29k and a couple of six packs in canuckistan funny money.....

I haven't kept up with this thread... and there is a remarkable level of noise so my patience for weeding through it just isn't up to the task, but am I getting this right? Jim spent a decent sum of money on a pair of non-JBLs and he is getting grief for it?

If that's the case... I had better change my avatar to a photo of my L100s and never mention what I listen to at home.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    I haven't kept up with this thread... and there is a remarkable level of noise so my patience for weeding through it just isn't up to the task, but am I getting this right? Jim spent a decent sum of money on a pair of non-JBLs and he is getting grief for it?

If that's the case... I had better change my avatar to a photo of my L100s and never mention what I listen to at home.

Widget
    well the jury's still out on that but id be interested to hear/see what you listen to at home

I would like to know more about how the Wilsons are working for you, Jim?

And, youll get no flak from me about what they are or arent, cause what they are mostly, is your choice, and thats fine with me.

And, they are supposed to be ALL THAT!

scottyj

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post

Widget
    Cerwin-Vega?

scottyj

Thread Information