Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wilson speakers rumor

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wilson speakers rumor

Have heard ( unverified rumor) that one of our esteemed members sold his wif and kids to finance a purchase of some pristine Wilson Grand Slams.

What is the punishment for such sacrilege ?? If its not too drastic , maybe he will make a personal confession ??? I guess he cud hang some JBL badges on them for atonement ??
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

i confess it was me......and i throw myself on the mercy of the forum.the prospect of finding the dream jbl's seems to get farther into the realm of impossibility and these seemed like a reasonable consolation prize.

Quote Originally Posted by jim campbell View Post
    i confess it was me......and i throw myself on the mercy of the forum....
    Congratulations! I for one think they are fine loudspeakers.

I'd probably go with the Everest DD66000s over them, but I'd have to spend a few more hours with both before making that decision... alas, the market for well broken in Mrs. Gadgets isn't quite what it would take, so I won't be in the market for either at present.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    I'd probably go with the Everest DD66000s over them
    And IF you lived in Tokyo, you would be able to buy them too!

scottyj

Quote Originally Posted by scott fitlin View Post

slammer!!!!!!!!!

now all our guru's can figure out how to improve 'em.

slammer!!!!!!!!!
    I just could NOT resist! I had to do it.

scottyj

Quote Originally Posted by scott fitlin View Post

A few days in Tokyo would enable you to hear the Everest against the Isis, Alexandra, HR-7 and AG Trio - all in the same room at the same dealer. Then you could go downstairs and hear the k2-9800 against Marten Coltrane, Dynaudio Evidence Master, Wilson Max and others.

After a day or so you would have heard all of the best speakers in the world and enjoyed some fine sushi and malt whiskey. Another day to take in the local culture and stock up on music bargains, then a flight home culturally enlightened and sure in the knowledge that you have bought the best you could with your money.

And no doubt saved some at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by merlin View Post
    A few days in Tokyo would enable you to hear the Everest against the Isis, Alexandra, HR-7 and AG Trio - all in the same room at the same dealer. Then you could go downstairs and hear the k2-9800 against Marten Coltrane, Dynaudio Evidence Master, Wilson Max and others.

After a day or so you would have heard all of the best speakers in the world and enjoyed some fine sushi and malt whiskey, and a few hours in a geisha house for the finest in Japanese delight. Another day to take in the local culture and stock up on music bargains, then a flight home culturally enlightened and sure in the knowledge that you have bought the best you could with your money.

And no doubt saved some at the same time
    scottyj

Romy the Cat
    i confess it was me......and i throw myself on the mercy of the forum.
    Jim, I very rarely visit this forum but reading this thread (juts a few posts) it picked my interests. Can you tell me what motivated you to get Grand Slamms? I really care less how much members of you family you put in pawnshop, keep it to impress others. What I am interested is your pure audio motivation and your rational for buying of the sonic capacity of Grand Slamms. Sure, should you be juts a reach fool who have some money to spend then who cares what you bought. But since you went for considerable actions to raise money for your action I presume that there was “something” that motivated you. I ma very far form the position to worship the Grand Slamms and at the same time a am very far from considering them as a peace of audio crap. My question is more not about the Grand Slamms specifically but about the reasoning and motivations that some people use when they get for instance the 50K audio components. Sure you pay a lot of money but do you get an reasonable sonic compensation by the result of you actions? Could you elaborate about your thoughts?

Rgs,

well............i am generally motivated by my early memories of nelson rockefeller who was reputed to carry a large cache of dimes which he used to hand out to the peasants.i thought to myself,let them eat cake and spent the lot on gear........your joking right?.............that name brings to mind a local artist that i actually went to see thursday night but someone else was playing.hopefully she will appear there soon preferably on a day that i dont have to work

Maybe this thread should be whacked !!! It seems to be empty

of nelson rockefeller who was reputed to carry a large cache of dimes
    that may have been John D.............

Speaker Buying Motivations ??? wow, we cud have a whole forum devoted to that one.....

"Do you use The Strasborg Method of motivation OR do you use the classic greed/lust model ?"

Well I've worked hard for my stash, the bills are paid every month and I deserved something nice for myself. You cant take it with you.

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    that may have been John D.............
    d'oh............and as far as rtc is concerned "whaa" im definitely missin somethin here but i think i see a germ of an idea.........the fact that someone in our modern world would buy a large luxury item (tho to me it's the music thats the very life blood)...........sticks in the craw of a lot of folks.over the years ive noted that many of these same folks think nothing of spending large portions of their lives and much money on travel that they never tire of telling me about.i wonder what it is that makes me a bad guy for spending the money that ive earned,paid taxes on,and resisted the temptations of the world to save to buy something tangible with it.they have the memories of their travel and i have a lifetime,well a short one anyhoo,of music to behold that sounds faithful as the artist intended.

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post

"Do you use The Strasborg Method of motivation OR do you use the classic greed/lust model ?"
    greed/lust works for me.................i wonder what the poor people are doing.........

Thread Information