Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Artists/Groups you cant stand ?

Leon Russell

I went to a concert of his around 1976... I was pretty screwed-up at the time but this dude wasn't even there!... It was absolutely the worst show I could have ever imagined...

in 1973 we went and saw The Rolling Stones at RFK stadium in DC. Long hot 4th of July day, amazing warmup acts - the best of which was
    Stevie Wonder doing unbelievable synthy stuff with what these days I'd call a "Frampton box" (like "Frampton comes alive" but 2 or 3 years earlier ...)

The show was taking forever - running hours and hours behind
    The Stones come on - dead drunk or wasted or something ... can barely play, Tumbling Dice - they're out of tune and falling down stupid. Played maybe 40 minutes and stumbled away ... Worst show I have ever seen (even worse than an incoherent tour of Johnny Winter, Leslie West etc in Baltimore a few years later).

I may have some classic stones on CD - but - I will never pay to see them again.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    The Stones come on - dead drunk or wasted or something ... can barely play, Tumbling Dice - they're out of tune and falling down stupid. Played maybe 40 minutes and stumbled away ... Worst show I have ever seen
    when they were in Portland, the reports said that KR was so far out of it, that MJ unplugged his amp , to keep him from polluting what was playing.

Have you seen the movie "Sympathy for the Devil" ??
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

though i hate to say it lenny breau was so out of it last time he played here that one third of the audience walked out.on top of that some woman brought a screaming infant into the theater and stayed despite the bawling.sad because he was such a great talent

Jefferson Airplane was possibly the worst band I ever saw; both times I saw them they were wretched and any well practiced garage band would have smoked them. In fact at one show they were smoked by Blue Cheer who were actually a pretty good band.

I saw Led Zeppelin on their first American tour, they were backing Vanilla Fudge and Jethro Tull was also on the bill. The Fudge were very good, Tull brought down the house and Zep was unremarkable, just there, capable but boring. Soft Machine was another terrible band I saw, they were opening for the Jimi Hendrix Experience.

I saw Patty Smith and her band play well and play VERY poorly, at one show she was blown out of the water by an Ohio metal outfit called The Godz, they crushed her. Wierd show; South Side working class metalheads clashing with North Side middle-class punkers, the metalheads won the fights naturally, probably picked them too.

J.A.F.S.
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Wow, if that is not wrapping everything into a box and putting a label on it.

Just like all gays dress and act like women. Come on, get out of the 1950s and dive into reality.

-Storm.
    The only good rapper is an imprisoned rapper.
    Good riddance to all of them.
    May the 50s go on forever.
    Amazed I'm still alive!
    Tim

good classic rock discussion going on here. much love, much love.

i think moe is the second coming of the great ones. they are phenomenal and need to be seen by any of you who want to see the direction that psychedellic rock has progressed. they are earning their ticket into the history books one show and one fan at a time. as a long time fan, i think they have earned stardom, though i am reluctant to share them with the growing crowd.

the soundbites from the new album dont do the band justice. they are and always have been a live experience. they are at the height of their power, if you go to a show you will be in dropjawed amazement. 10 years ago was the first show i saw, and i havnet missed a local one yet

www.moe.org

Quote Originally Posted by loach71 View Post
    The only good rapper is an imprisoned rapper.
    Good riddance to all of them.
    May the 50s go on forever.
    you get a second on that from Orygun...except sub in the last half of the 60s

J.A.F.S.

Angry RAP - YECCHHH...

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    you get a second on that from Orygun...except sub in the last half of the 60s
    wilco.

If you listen to rap "lyrics" the only message evident is crime and the abuse of women...
    Amazed I'm still alive!
    Tim

been away..but now i'm back!! ....hello ya'll

Don't dislike much music, but, lots of music I won't listen to. Have to admit to one -arNtist- I have disdian for: kenny (barf) G. I can't stand that phony....only because I'm forced by circumstance sometimes to listen to the shit he.. ..eh.. records.(i won't even use the word "plays")

Kenny G coming from ceiling mounts = right on Longs Drugs floor.

Quote Originally Posted by mbask View Post
    Have to admit to one -arNtist- I have disdian for: kenny (barf) G. I can't stand that phonyKenny G coming from ceiling mounts = right on Longs Drugs floor.
    you seem to have a lot of company on that selection.

I really like Dylan. BUT his live concerts (never seen one actually live) seem to suck also. Seems flat and in a hurry to get "outta there"

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    I really like Dylan. BUT his live concerts (never seen one actually live) seem to suck also. Seems flat and in a hurry to get "outta there"
    He's still on a "Mission."

Quote Originally Posted by loach71 View Post
    wilco.

If you listen to rap "lyrics" the only message evident is crime and the abuse of women...
    its a great way to make a buck without actually having to learn how to play an instrument or sing.put on those silly outfits,strut up and down the stage making those idiotic hand signs and tell me again about how being a pimp is a good thing.you were right the first time when you spelled it (c)rap lyrics

I don't like Rap or Hip Hop or whatever but I remember when the kind of music I like was called stupid, the Devil's music (maybe it is), not real music and so on.

Mind that whatever type of music you like there are people who loathe it.

Quote Originally Posted by jim campbell View Post
    its a great way to make a buck without actually having to learn how to play an instrument or sing.put on those silly outfits,strut up and down the stage making those idiotic hand signs and tell me again about how being a pimp is a good thing.you were right the first time when you spelled it (c)rap lyrics
    Aww - you're just jealous cause big time music isn't made by brits singing like fey jamaicans saying "oy, oy, oy" or "e-yo-ho" (The Police) ..

But I hear those old guys are coming back again!

Just kidding, I am not a fan of Rap - but I'll be honest, I was sitting in the CRV at the bank today while Emma ran in and got the money and James Brown, Livin' In America came on. I did kick on the subwoofer and crank it up - just like all the kids are doin' these days ... I mean, it was boom boom boom, and - Could god y'all! - It was JAMES BROWN!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Thread Information