Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Artists/Groups you cant stand ?

Quote Originally Posted by soundboy View Post
    So, although I disagree with seawolf (some of the guys, especially Rush, can truly play phenominally), I understand his choices....but my picks are anything that has to do with Rap, Gangsta Rap, or anything that involves a drum machine, trashy street talk, and zero musical talent
    Pete (Soundboy) is a friend from about an hour away. He misinterpreted my down thumb of Rush. It's not the guitar or melodies or production, it's the vocals.

Couple of other posters here have similar feelings on Rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Horn Fanatic View Post
    I have to go with Rush. Every time I hear Geddy Lee sing I want to grab him by the throat, bitch slap him, and tell him to STFU.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triumph Don View Post
    I am in complete agreement. My hate for Rush is very strong. When I hear that crap at work I have to get outta the room ASAP
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Bloodsuckers

Quote Originally Posted by Kay Pirinha View Post
    The Carpenters!

Admittedly, the singer's voice isn't that bad at all. But those meaningless lyrics! And that ball-less music!! And the worst with them was their support for Richard Nixon in his presidential election campaign in 1972 where the singer proved herself as an overly childish, naive woman. Unbearable !

Best regards!
    It's the tragical destiny of most artists. It's not the artist who rules his career. The Carpenters sold several millions of LPs and singles. What do you prefer as a musician: to earn so much money as possible while generating a "suspect image" or to die as a forgotten reputable artist out of bread? They had no choice in the jungle of music business. They were in the stranglehold of the contracts. So, finally, the life of Karen Carpenter took this tragic ending in 1983. She is the victim of those bloodsuckers...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Nessie Washing Machine }=-

Bloodsuckers

Another sad story: Elkie Brooks was one of the most powerful and iconic female rock voices with Vinegar Joe. And then this stranglehold by AM Records. AM Records was nasty. One track of this LP says everything: "Take your freedom" A4. Do it!
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Nessie Washing Machine }=-

[QUOTE=Fritz The Cat;421769]
    Quote Originally Posted by sdjblnut View Post

Agree, with the exception of Buddy Guy. Try this one here! He seldom produced crap. We should not judge these artists too hypercritically, because they have to earn their money in the jungle of music business. Everytime (!) i try to play some of these guitar licks or everytime (!) i want to sing some tunes simultaneously while playing guitar (especially on stage), or everytime (!) if i have to play a 2 hours live set carrying the load of these ponderous guitars hanging around my shoulder, and (finally) everytime (!) i have to communicate easily with the public in the auditorium while playing and sweating, i everytime (!) have to admit, that i am not a big shot in this business and i should better sell my guitars. Yes, he is born to play the guitar. I am born to try to play the guitar...
    Buddy Guy's far from rap! Blues players (ZZ Top, Clapton, BB King, etc) are great in my book. I'm from the rock generation, and Rap just was not music to me.

[QUOTE=sdjblnut;421799]
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz The Cat View Post

Buddy Guy's far from rap! Blues players (ZZ Top, Clapton, BB King, etc) are great in my book. I'm from the rock generation, and Rap just was not music to me.
    Oh wait...Did Buddy do some rap at some point?

No

[QUOTE=sdjblnut;421805]
    Quote Originally Posted by sdjblnut View Post

No! Why should he?

Hey guys !!

somebody misread "crap" for "rap"

Agree, with the exception of Buddy Guy. Try this one here! He seldom produced crap.

easy to do since they are synonymous.

No! Why should he?

Edgar Broughton Band, Wasa Wasa, 1969, EMI Germany, 038 04083, "Masterpiece" Reissue

English agitation-polit-rock of the rather primitive species. Especially the voice of Edgar Broughton on their first album "Wasa Wasa" was a dark sign of apocalyptic uglyness. Definitively not a masterpiece (as noticed on front cover). After 50 years: this one has not passed the test of time.

Synonyms

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    Hey guys !!

somebody misread "crap" for "rap"

Agree, with the exception of Buddy Guy. Try this one here! He seldom produced crap.

easy to do since they are synonymous.

Agree! Rap:crap-trap!

Gary Glitter

I would never buy, beg, borrow, steal or touch an LP of Gary Glitter. That's why i can't show you a foto as attachment here.

I'd expand that to the whole bullshit of glamrock/teeniepob adepts (Sweet, Slade, Suzie Quatro, T.Rex and whatever comes to mind...)

Keep your hands off any Chinn/Chapman production!

Best regards!

I'd expand that to the whole bullshit of glamrock/teeniepob adepts (Sweet, Slade, Suzie Quatro, T.Rex and whatever comes to mind...)
    sure, but even Bowie went thru his glam period.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qrOvBuWJ-c

And that's exactly why I don't like him unreserved !

In the 1970ies, when I was younger and absolutely spezialized on Progressive, I couldn't stand him at all.

Best regards!

Ride a white swan!

Keep your hands off any Chinn/Chapman production!

Best regards!
    1970: dancing lessons for "Gymnasiasten": after having exercised the Wiener Walzer, the English Walzer, the Tango, Rumba and Cha Cha Cha, we had the questionable pleasure to learn the dancing steps of the "Beat" to the music of T. Rex' "Ride a white swan". Total fun! Celestial bliss! That's why i will always love this song (but only this one of T. Rex). I had to learn, not to try to ride a swan... Welch' schöne Zeiten!

Ok, agreed, Ride A White Swan really isn't bad at all, most probably 'cause it was prior to Bolan's androgynous glam aera.

Best regards!

Thread Information