Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Artists/Groups you cant stand ?

Another artist that I don't particularly care for is Macy Gray. Hey SeaWolf, is the sun shining there in Portland? It is up here 100 + miles north of you.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by LRBacon View Post
    Hey SeaWolf, is the sun shining there in Portland? It is up here 100 + miles north of you.

Larry
    Nope, we're in the grey. Hope it comes out, wanna get out on the bike today..

its 175
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Good call on cougar what ever version he is! Only 1 step above Petty

Mark
    Changing to Legacy Audio and started with a Silver Screen HD for my center between the 250TIs

If you read back thru this thread ...one fact jumps out,,,,there are very FEW female vocalists here ....mostly Mariah, Celine and Whitney.

VOCALISTS: Are we tougher on males or are females just more pleasing to the mostly male forum ??

Speaking of female vocalists, I was listening to a smooth jazz station some time ago and they played Mysteries. The band was note for note identical with the Manhatten Transfer version, but what the hell was wrong with Janis Seagal? She sounded like someone was stepping on her boobs. Turned out it was Anita Baker, arrrrgh!

Kenny G is also atrocious. One word sums him up -- sappy.

One things springs to mind.......does anyone play music through thier JBL's or do they just sit there gathering dust?

Allan.

Classix Nouveaux?

Quote Originally Posted by richluvsound View Post
    Seawolf,

Do not get me started on Debbie Harry I think I was 18 when that came out . Yep ! I was a new romantic . I wore more make-up than she did Hair gel ( when I had hair ) Scrape me off the ceiling kinda times. Hey, but I was real cool though. WELL , I thought I was and I bloody told everyone I was and they most definitely were not.......... What was I saying about Jagger ?

Rich
    Did you listen the Classix Nouveaux? They were New Romantic band? John

What! Do you mean that you use your JBLs???

Quote Originally Posted by Allanvh5150 View Post
    One things springs to mind.......does anyone play music through thier JBL's or do they just sit there gathering dust?

Allan.
    I use some of my JBLs every day, there are others that don't get used all that often. So sadly some are just gathering dust. My JBL PA system that's in my garage only gets once in a while. John

The Talking Heads - I abhor their music, and can only speak about it in terms that I can't use in polite company!!!

Also Joni Mitchell annoys the every living sh*t out of me for some reason I can't really describe.

At least I'm an equal opportunity "hater" in terms of gender of the vocalist/group.

Best,
    - Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBrewster77 View Post
    The Talking Heads - I abhor their music, and can only speak about it in terms that I can't use in polite company!!!

Also Joni Mitchell annoys the every living sh*t out of me for some reason I can't really describe.

At least I'm an equal opportunity "hater" in terms of gender of the vocalist/group.

Best,
    - Mike

Can't argue Joni Mitchell, and there is only one Talking Heads song I like... "Burning Down the House". Crank that one up, it'll work your stuff over.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBrewster77 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffW View Post
    Can't argue Joni Mitchell,
    I saw Joni at Big Sur in 1968 , she blew away the audience who had never heard of her ..I got her first album (songs to a Seagull), which was magic ,,,,BUT THEN ,,I dont know what happened ,,,,she grates on my ears now ,,, but that first LP is still so nice..

Amazon.com
    Canadian singer-songwriter Joni Mitchell debuted in 1968 with this impressionistic and slightly overwrought album. Produced by David Crosby, the album uses very sparse instrumentation--mostly Mitchell on acoustic guitar with Stephen Stills on bass--to back Mitchell's incredibly complex lyrical forays. (The original LP's sides were subtitled.) But despite her grand plans, the disc is most successful in its humblest moments. "Michael from Mountains" (successfully covered by Judy Collins), "Night in the City," and "Marcie" all contain the seeds of Mitchell's best work, her melodic explorations, and observant eye. Tracks such as "The Dawntreader" and "The Pirates of Penance" are too close to creative-writing exercises to succeed. Nonetheless, a tantalizing debut. --Rob O'Connor

2 Joni's ???

Seems to happen to a lot of artists in this thread .. they were great starting out ,,,,then turned to sh*t (where is that emoicon for a terd ?)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

How's this??

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    How's this??

Rob
    perfect for those artist/groups that have gone in the toilet !!!!!!

.just have to animate it now

Fair enough - I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that I actually do like their song Wild Wild Life, and I think I vaguely remember Burning Down the House from when it was released. As for the rest of their stuff

Quote Originally Posted by JeffW View Post
    there is only one Talking Heads song I like... "Burning Down the House". Crank that one up, it'll work your stuff over.

Here I thought I was known for my negative reactions to stuff; I find myself very high on some Talking Heads tunes. The bass line alone makes "Psycho Killer" worth it. Their version of "Take Me To The River" is my favorite. Likewise, "Wild Life" is a favorite, and, unrelated to the music, I loved John Goodman in the video.

"Once In A lifetime" is one of my cultural litmus tests. Straight people detest it, less uptight listeners tend to think it is one of the great songs of all time. Talk about a love it or hate it band!

I have mostly stayed away from this thread because I tend to think most really popular cultural icons suck pond water and the community is better served by my silence. Talent is what turns me on and popularity counts for nothing with me. If anyone really wants my opinion, ask for it. Otherwise, count your blessings.

Clark = ?
    Information is not Knowledge; Knowledge is not Wisdom
    Too many audiophiles listen with their eyes instead of their ears

Thread Information