Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Artists/Groups you cant stand ?

Mr. Wolf! Sounds like you caught some GD "space" action, always hated that aspect/portion of their concerts. Think that just gave the rest of the band a chance to go back stage and indulge their extracurricular pharmacological appetites.

Like any band, there will be some stuff that just plain stinks but I still love the Beatles, not their really early stuff, I think from Rubber Soul on they really came into their own. Same with Zep, not all of it was great, still fond of them too, though may have OD'd a bit on it in high school
    Just Play Music.

It must be time to flush !

Can I put the Doobie Brothers , The BeeGees, Wham, Early Madonna,infact all Madonna except," Ray Of Light" William Orbit produced it Rolling Stones (Jagger is a pretentious plonker ) Coldplay. Fat boy Slim( He aint even a good DJ) , Joni " winging" Mitchell. And while we're at it, can someone please tell Bono he aint the arch angel bloody "Gabriel" Quick Krunchy put the seat down and I'll stand on it, we better flush twice and remember the loo brush ,cus that much SHITE in one is gonna leave some nasty marks.

Rich

wait a minute, I like the stones but agree with about Mick. Dig william Orbit too.
    Just Play Music.

Quote Originally Posted by richluvsound View Post
    Can I put the Doobie Brothers , The BeeGees, Wham, Early Madonna,infact all Madonna except," Ray Of Light" William Orbit produced it Rolling Stones (Jagger is a pretentious plonker ) Coldplay. Fat boy Slim( He aint even a good DJ) , Joni " winging" Mitchell. And while we're at it, can someone please tell Bono he aint the arch angel bloody "Gabriel" Quick Krunchy put the seat down and I'll stand on it, we better flush twice and remember the loo brush ,cus that much SHITE in one is gonna leave some nasty marks.

Rich
    Rich ..
    I almost completely agree with your choices, except I kinda like the early Stones. Feel like "Tatoo You" was their last good album. But, yeah, Jagger is "something else"

Quote Originally Posted by Krunchy View Post
    The best Rap song I can remember is Blondie's Rapture, that was Rap,
    Rapture ? about the stupidist/funniest song/rap I've ever heard. "Man from Mars eating guitars, bars and cars ?"
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Rapture !

Seawolf,

Do not get me started on Debbie Harry I think I was 18 when that came out . Yep ! I was a new romantic . I wore more make-up than she did Hair gel ( when I had hair ) Scrape me off the ceiling kinda times. Hey, but I was real cool though. WELL , I thought I was and I bloody told everyone I was and they most definitely were not.......... What was I saying about Jagger ?

Rich

sorry , doobies are "all right, oh yeah" nothing special, early stones are ok, and the Beatles up to the white album are OK, Rubber Souls even good.

Led Zep, 1 of the wost concert bands but then so is their material

And the Doors, please let them hit you on the way out!

Many bands have their place and music would be worse off w/o them but I won't listen to some those important bands music

What were those Sat morning cartoon bands besides the Archies? Bananarama?Also some super hereos were a band??? wasn't 1 an elephant ? anybody remember names?

Mark
    Changing to Legacy Audio and started with a Silver Screen HD for my center between the 250TIs

Rolling Stones (Jagger is a pretentious plonker ) Rich
    He's back in the news for the '69 SF concert

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/200...agent-says/?hp

WHAT gets called the 60's had any number of endings, most of them elusive or much debated. But for those who understood the decade (or era, or moment) as more a cultural than a political phenomenon -- a last, late Romantic pastoral -- the end came quite precisely and inarguably: Friday night, Dec. 6, 1969, at the Altamont Speedway not far from San Francisco, as the Rolling Stones, distracted and distraught, worked their way through ''Under My Thumb.''
    The Hell's Angels had been hired to provide security at the free, outdoor Altamont festival, which drew 300,000 people and was to feature not only the Stones but also the Grateful Dead (whose manager had recommended the Angels' services), Santana, the Jefferson Airplane and Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young. The Angels, many of them new recruits to the club with something to prove, spent much of the afternoon clearing the area in front of the stage with the help of weighted pool cues. Then, a few songs into the Stones' closing set, several of the Angels developed a particular interest in an 18-year-old black man 10 or 15 yards from the stage. Meredith Hunter was attacked by one of the Angels, and when he pulled a gun and ran, was chased down, stabbed and beaten to death by a pack of them. None of the Stones could see this, but they knew something was happening -- it was there in the confusion of their playing, and in the fear they conveyed to one another in those quick glances with which longtime band mates say all that needs to be said.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...=&pagewanted=1

Jagger Weathers Hellish Assassination Attempt

http://www.eonline.com/news/article/...a-42246a9b0eae

If there was ever any debate over which member of the Rolling Stones was the biggest survivor, well, this certainly puts Keith Richards' brush with a coconut tree to shame.
    A documentary covering the history of the FBI set to air on Britain's BBC Radio 4 has made public for the first time revelations that legendary rocker Mick Jagger was once the target of a failed assassination attempt.
    The plan to off the knighted rocker was, per the documentary, hatched by a group of Hells Angels in the aftermath of the group's ill-fated and infamous concert at the Altamont Speedway in 1969.
    During the free concert, for which the gang was providing security, an 18-year-old male fan was kicked and stabbed to death by a group of Hells Angels in an incident that was captured on several cameras and that, remarkably, did not lead to the cessation of the show.
    Following the fatal concert, Jagger made public a vow not to employ the protection services of the chopper gang anymore, which, apparently, was taken as a big enough slight for the group to seek rather drastic vengeance and attempt to take out the superstar.
    "They were going to kill him for retribution for firing them," former FBI agent Mark Young told the retrospective documentary, The FBI at 100.
    "The Hells Angels were so angered by Jagger's treatment of them that they decided to kill him," Tom Mangold, the host of the BBC series, told London's Daily Telegraph. "A group of them took a boat and were all tooled up and planned to attack him from the sea."
    The water-bound, apostrophe-averse Angels had set their sights on Jagger's holiday home in the Hamptons as the location to carry out their morbid plan, though fortunately for the rocker, Mother Nature intervened on their quest.
    "They planned the attack from the sea so they could enter his property from the garden and avoid security at the front," Mangold said. "The boat was hit by a storm and all of the men were thrown overboard. All survived and there was not said to be any further attempt on Jagger's life."
    According to the radio program, it is not believed Jagger was informed of the assassination attempt at the time, and it's unclear if the rocker was privy to the revelations before they were made public. Either way, the 65-year-old has yet to comment on the incident.
    The FBI at 100 series begins tonight on BBC Radio 4. The episode addressing Jagger's assassination attempt is expected to air Mar. 11.

Dont forget Cliff !

Sea Wolf , Krunchy,

Hey Did you guys have to suffer Cliff Richard over there ?

Rich

Never heard of him, a good thing, apparently.
    Just Play Music.

Sea Wolf , Krunchy,

Rich
    At least Cliff had Hank B. Marvin backing him up, if I remember correctly. Don't feel bad. We had Jay and the Americans (actually Jay was Irving Glatt). Worse yet, Italy had Rita Pavone. Later we were blessed with Barry Manilow.

Then again, The Dave Clark Five was British...

Clark
    Information is not Knowledge; Knowledge is not Wisdom
    Too many audiophiles listen with their eyes instead of their ears

Might as well launch a discussion of the merits of the various religions.

There isn't good or bad music. It's all music to somebody.

Sea Wolf , Krunchy,

Rich
    Yes we did. The only hit that he had that I kind of liked and remembered was "We Don't Talk Anymore."

A group I can't stand that comes to mind is Black Sabbath.

Quote Originally Posted by LRBacon View Post
    Yes we did. The only hit that he had that I kind of liked and remembered was "We Don't Talk Anymore."

A group I can't stand that comes to mind is Black Sabbath.

Gotta agree with sabbath. I love Ozzy though Its a shame about his kids. That daughter of his is running round the clubs of London with chunks of blow falling out of here nose. Bless her !

Oasis get the flush too !They started the rot in English pop. Screw these student bands. I guess I can thank Nirvana for that too !

Rich

I bought Sabbath's first two LP's back when they first came out. Maybe listened to them once or twice and then quit because the music gave me the creeps.

Larry

XM was just playing some JOHN COUGAR MELLENCAMP, kinda like the Barry Manilow of Rock - just pretentious slop.

Thread Information