Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Artists/Groups you cant stand ?

MJ Bing

Thumbs up

So
    Everyone likes Blue Oyster Cult
    I don"t recall seeing them listed

Styx, Kansas, Foreigner, Journey, REO Speedwagon, Meatloaf, Heart, Spandau Ballet, Loverboy, Survivor...
    This is the short list of artists I can't stand...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Mac View Post
    Styx, Kansas, Foreigner, Journey, REO Speedwagon, Meatloaf, Heart, Spandau Ballet, Loverboy, Survivor...
    This is the short list of artists I can't stand...
    well thats understandable
    finally i have a pair of 604 8g's....there not easy to find in the netherlands

This is crap

It is bad to speak ill of the dead but this man did more harm to traditional scottish music than anyone I can think of. Listen and laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT9sQ...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by MJ Bing View Post
    So

I doubt that...its just that they are played so seldom that people dont get annoyed enough to remember to list them here ....

OTOH - Phil Collins is generally an incompetent hack when singing (and played too much)

I'm seeing recurring themes here of the late 70's schlock ....hasnt aged well ...
    (tho I secretly enjoy SOME Heart and Foreigner)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Mac View Post
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

[quote=SEAWOLF97;202403]

OTOH - Phil Collins is generally an incompetent hack. (and played too much)

quote]

He was and is an excellent drummer, and was a decent front man for Genesis too. I think "incompetent hack" is a bit much. I saw him when he was playing drums on the Clapton tour in the 80's. Damn fine musician as long as he's kept away from the piano and the mic to sing his pop tunes.

Let's leave the harsh words for the truly deserving. I'll throw Laurie Anderson under the bus here again just for fun. Maybe Yoko too.

jblnut

[quote=jblnut;202407 Damn fine musician as long as he's kept away from the piano and the mic to sing his pop tunes. [/quote]

I was unclear, just referring to his vocals

sorry it took so long

Santana =EXCELLENT on many items and coming from left field on a few, over all best live but enough quality to be great

CCR=time to offend you people who's ears like nasally bad voices, and played way too many times on marginal songs

And IMHO you can find some quality guitar by Gary R of REO mainly before they were popular, still a good musician later but songs went down hill,very good in concert (so was styx but as a group only)

That was a good Clapton tour, went at least twice, I lived through his 1 song he sang twice...

luckily my opinion rules!!! (keep it friendly)

Haven't herd a decent RAP song yet...(songs should have a melody right?)

Mark
    Changing to Legacy Audio and started with a Silver Screen HD for my center between the 250TIs

Quote Originally Posted by opimax View Post
    Haven't herd a decent RAP song yet...(songs should have a melody right?)Mark
    The best Rap song I can remember is Blondie's Rapture, that was Rap, I think people just got too lazy to think melody or not talented enough. The potential is there, just hasnt been explored right (may never be). I do not like Rap, with that said i will admit that I like Ronny Jordan a lot (British guy), who mixes acid jazz with some Rap but you have to get over the fact that it may be rap like to begin to appreciate it for what it is, but he's the exception. Great friken guitar player, saw him in the city a while back and he was very hot! lots of instrumentals as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ Bing View Post
    So
    To quote Christopher Walken "we need More Cow Bell" at least the SNL skit was funny!
    Just Play Music.

meatloaf

BUT, I do enjoy my wifes meatloaf, ahh and those meatloaf sandwiches with mustard
    "It only costs 80% extra to go first class"

farrel
    (N.E.R.D.) is a talented artist in the rap/hiphop scene.
    makes great beats and raps en sings.
    gets a thumbs up when it comes to originality. without him justin T wouldn't be this popular.

outkast is great. not afraid to throw of the big gold chains and sing something that has meaning and humor in stead of talking about bitches en MF's.

so rap has some great artists but you will have to look for them
    finally i have a pair of 604 8g's....there not easy to find in the netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by speakerdave View Post
    Worst I ever heard was Pat Boone's "heavy metal" CD. It was offered to me by I student; I had to give it a token listen.

David
    That is a "special" album, what a crackup listening to Pat Boone sing Jimmie Hendrix " The wind cries Mary."

Russellc

pelly3s
    I'll start by saying that in my opinion the Beatles win it for me. The list then goes on to Led Zepplin and Bob Dylan rounding out the top 3. I can appreciate their influences in music and all that other stuff but seriously I cant see how people can believe the Beatles and Led Zepplin are the greatest bands in history, some of what came from them was total

Quote Originally Posted by pelly3s View Post
    I cant see how people can believe the Beatles and Led Zepplin are the greatest bands in history, some of what came from them was total
    XM was playing "Helter Skelter" ..PURE CRAP !!! and yes, there is a lot a Zep that is crap too, tho they also put out some real gems .

I can generally tolerate Gratefull Dead, but this morning there was a long jam (seemed like 2 hours) that had no melody, just a lot of sound/noise. Finally I got up and proclaimed "ENOUGH !!!" and went to the 60's channel which is usually safer.

Quote Originally Posted by pelly3s View Post
    I'll start by saying that in my opinion the Beatles win it for me. The list then goes on to Led Zepplin and Bob Dylan rounding out the top 3. I can appreciate their influences in music and all that other stuff but seriously I cant see how people can believe the Beatles and Led Zepplin are the greatest bands in history, some of what came from them was total
    Yeah, interestingly, the Beatles did their whole output between 1960 and 1970 - surprising how 38-48 year old music can sound pretty dated ...

I feel the same way about the Doors - gahh - what an overrated group!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Thread Information