Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Artists/Groups you cant stand ?

I heard this for the first (and hopefully last) time yesterday. Sure puts a dent in his musical genius rep.

https://youtu.be/l7vRSu_wsNc
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    I heard this for the first (and hopefully last) time yesterday. Sure puts a dent in his musical genius rep.

https://youtu.be/l7vRSu_wsNc
    I liked Prince, still do, Loved this song when it came out. Still like hearing it now and then. Brings back good memories
    To each his own

Quote Originally Posted by soundboy View Post
    I liked Prince, still do, Loved this song when it came out. Still like hearing it now and then. Brings back good memories
    To each his own
    Gorge has had a rough Summer. Getting any better now ?

The two artists who's music will make the change the radio channel 100% of the time (preferably before the song begins, while the DJ is still announcing it) are Bruce Springsteen and Van Morrison. Both of their voices make my ass want to smoke a Lucky Strike.

Springsteen presents every single song as if it's an anthem, over-stressing the lyrics and bloating their importance way, way out of context. Rather than simply letting his songs be what they are, he forces them upon the listener. I just can't stand the guy's music and the way he presents it.

Quote Originally Posted by hsosdrum View Post
    The two artists who's music will make the change the radio channel 100% of the time (preferably before the song begins, while the DJ is still announcing it) are Bruce Springsteen and Van Morrison. Both of their voices make my ass want to smoke a Lucky Strike.

Springsteen presents every single song as if it's an anthem, over-stressing the lyrics and bloating their importance way, way out of context. Rather than simply letting his songs be what they are, he forces them upon the listener. I just can't stand the guy's music and the way he presents it.
    I'm nearly in 100% agreement with your post, EXCEPT , I did co-exist with Van when he was with "Them". Their "Mystic Eyes" was really fine.

Them were a Northern Irish band formed in Belfast in April 1964, most prominently known for the garage rock standard "Gloria" and launching singer Van Morrison's musical career.[4] The original five member band consisted of Morrison, Alan Henderson, Ronnie Milling, Billy Harrison and Eric Wrixon. The group was marketed in the United States as part of the British Invasion.[5]
    Them scored two UK hits in 1965 with "Baby, Please Don't Go" (UK #10) and "Here Comes the Night" (UK #2; Ireland #2). The latter song and "Mystic Eyes" were Top 40 hits in the US

BS ? I head something of his that I liked once, it was on FM and I didn't get the title or
    ever hear it again. There was a fantastic all-star tribute concert for Roy Orbison that included BS.
    He kept trying to push in front of Roy as if he was the main attraction. tird.*

Lately I've been on a nostalgia trip with "Rare Earth" . When they redid The Temptations material, they were very good. When doing their own, not so good.

There was a "Top Gear" episode where they raced the length of Vietnam on motorbikes. The guys had to buy them on the local economy.
    There is always an insurance vehicle, in case one of them can't continue on theirs. It follows everywhere.

This insurance vehicle was a gaudy red, white and blue motobike with white stars , and American flags and had a PA speaker hooked up to a player doing a loop of "Born in the USA". Guaranteed to be a customer service killer over there.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That all-star concert tribute to Roy Orbison was originally broadcast on Cinemax and features the band that backed up Elvis during the 1970s, with James Burton on guitar and Ron Tutt on drums. The female backup singers were Jennifer Warnes, k d lang and Bonnie Raitt (!!!) Elvis Costello was one of the male backup singers, along with B.S. and many others. Pretty sure it's available on DVD. A great show! And it was shot in black-and-white.

Totally agree about Morrison with Them. I loved him back then.

Quote Originally Posted by hsosdrum View Post
    That all-star concert tribute to Roy Orbison was originally broadcast on Cinemax and features the band that backed up Elvis during the 1970s, with James Burton on guitar and Ron Tutt on drums. The female backup singers were Jennifer Warnes, k d lang and Bonnie Raitt (!!!) Elvis Costello was one of the male backup singers, along with B.S. and many others. Pretty sure it's available on DVD. A great show! And it was shot in black-and-white.
    have the CD , DVD and LP of that.

Sugarcubes

Björk sucks!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Nessie Washing Machine }=-

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz The Cat View Post
    Björk sucks!
    I must admit that Bjork is one of my all-time favorite female singers. I love how she is able to get so much out of her instrument. She sings, purrs, yelps, screams, yodels, laughs and cackles, but always with expression to bring as much meaning as she can to the lyrics. Plus, she is always pitch-perfect without requiring auto-tuning. She is one of the few singers who manages to send chills up my spine.

To each his own!

Quote Originally Posted by Venkman View Post
    While I agree with a lot of you on here, and agree that 99% of rap music is terrible, not ALL of it is terrible and some of it you may actually enjoy.
    I kinda like "Ends" , I think it's maybe rap

https://youtu.be/nilfS1ZMzbw

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ends_(song)

Quote Originally Posted by Horn Fanatic View Post
    I have to go with Rush. Every time I hear Geddy Lee sing I want to grab him by the throat, bitch slap him, and tell him to STFU!

There you have it...
    I am in complete agreement. My hate for Rush is very strong. When I hear that crap at work I have to get outta the room ASAP

Sweet, T.Rex, Slade, Suzie Quatro and all that teeniebobber stuff...

I have to admit that I even bought a few 7" of the first two when I was a very young teenie in 1971. But in the same year LZ IV came out to point me to the right direction, followed by Yessongs in 1972...

Best regards!

Quote Originally Posted by Kay Pirinha View Post
    Sweet, T.Rex, Slade, Suzie Quatro and all that teeniebobber stuff...

I have to admit that I even bought a few 7" of the first two when I was a very young teenie in 1971. But in the same year LZ IV came out to point me to the right direction, followed by Yessongs in 1972...

Best regards!
    Oh no , not T.Rex

Well, I was just under 12 years old then ...

Btw, had forgotten all that Disco crap, Bee Gees and ABBA...

Best regards!

Thread Information