Personally I would think the S-22's are more sonically correct than the L-300's and they appear to be just slightly more efficient. It seems to me that the 300's have just a bit better low end, though in the present set up with the 18" Velodynes handling the lowest of the lows, it is hard to tell. I have never heard nor seen another set of S-22's. Are you familiar with them? I have some literature from JBL that describes then as quite possibly the finest combination of JBL loudspeaker components and enclosures ever created. I play both sets of JBL's together most of the time as I am somewhat of a novice but an admitted SPL nut. Does any of this make sense with your (and any other member's) experience with this rare model of JBL? I get plenty of volume (perhaps not enough) out of my present set up, however, the room I am currently using this system in is almost 1500 s.f.
Any info/advice you have on this topic would be greatly appreciated as well as any leads on a pair of 4355's. I heard a pair of these when I was very young and would love to own a set someday.

Thanks,
Rhino