Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sound Practices magazine

not your fault Steve, I called the guy and his name is Robert's. He made the mistake. He says this happen's once in a while. It would appear to me that you would check a cd before you send it out.

I like when people post things they find for sale and would never hold anyone responsible for posting. If we start blaming people for posting stuff we'll never find any of the goodies.

I believe posting items for sale is an invaluable tool for people looking for JBL speakers, parts and accesories. It should also be noted that listing items for sale is not an endorsement of that product but, only a listing and it is the buyer's responsibility to make sure it is a valid deal.

If he got a lot of orders it might just be a slip up. Some ebay auctions generate more action outside ebay when it's easy for the seller to quickly reproduce media for people who want it now.

Heck, even in making one-off CDs for shows and conferences I've labeled a blank disc and taken it with me thinking it was the burned copy. That's why I take two now.

OTOH if it appears to be a rip off, keep us informed.

your right ti-dome but then this is why you check them. I have done that before myself and this is why I check them. Better be safe than sorry, only takes a second to check.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schell View Post
    Yikes! Kingjames, I hope I haven't given you guys a bum steer, and apologize if this is the case. Was the person you dealt with Joe Roberts, the publisher of SP? The text of the auction indicated to me that this would be the case, and I cannot imagine that Joe would send out a blank CD intentionally. Please keep us informed of the results as you seek a remedy.
    I received the copy I bought in just a couple of days and with no problems. 744 pages of info.

David F

Quote Originally Posted by DavidF View Post
    I received the copy I bought in just a couple of days and with no problems. 744 pages of info.

David F
    Just for good information.
    I received today the CéééDééé after a good seven days (by air mail from Roberts). A CD in "gold" ...in good condition.
    Yes, it's "golden information" about Sound Practices.
    Steve, I thank you for the hint ....
    Allez, salukes.
    Karel

I'm glad to hear that most of the discs are A-ok, though I won't quite rest easy until kingjames' situation is straightened out. I hope that you guys enjoy the contents of SP as much as I have over the years.

Steve, Got my cd today and it is filled with some very exciting reading material. Thanks for the heads up! kj.

That's great news, kingjames- enjoy.

Ordered today

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schell View Post
    I just ran across an ebay auction for the CD compilation of all issues of the late, great, lamented Sound Practices magazine. The auction appears to be conducted by SP publisher Joe Roberts.

For those who don't know, SP debuted in 1992 and literally defined and fuelled the triode / horn DIY revolution of that decade in its 16 issues. My complete stack of SPs is among my most cherished possessions. Now the whole shebang is available for $29. Recommended!

http://cgi.ebay.com/SOUND-PRACTICES-...QQcmdZViewItem
    I just ordered mine today.
    Looking forward to the info.

Has anyone been in contact with Joe recently? He took down his ad on Ebay for the CDR. I sent him payment via Paypal and haven't heard or received anything.

Sp is required reading for anyone interested in tube diy. It second only to Morgan Jones book. A wealth of information.

I know Joe is still active on Joe net, or Joe list, you know what I'm talking about.

I was a whee lad when sp came out. I believe I was in junior high school. I bought my copy about 6 or 7 years ago after someone on yahoo boat anchor group told me about it. He actually sent me 2 cd's. A buddy of mine paid for a subscription to sp many years ago but never got it or a refund. I gave it to him. Apparently Joe left quite a few people swinging in the wind.

He is working for sibilatone selling there gear at all the big audio shows. They have a huge collection of western and RCA theater horns. They seem to have amazing setups of vintage gear at each show. I'm sure Steve knows exactly what I'm talking about.

Nick

Thread Information