Quote Originally Posted by 4345 View Post
Here is my system with 18" up to 800hz. Yes, I did think of the 4435 when putting this system together. I used to own 4435's and the sound is somewhat similar. The goal was to have a highly effecient system that was relatively simple.

There are probably some negatives to using the 2241 so high, but there are some positives to the system. I like the 2-way sound, the woofer and driver are very close and sound cohesive and the distortion of the 2" driver is very low. The system might be improved by using a non-JBL 18 that is a little less damped. I have heard a TAD TL-1801 18" woofer in a similar system that sounded very nice.

I am not a speaker designer or expert by any means. I wish someone with the expertise would give this a try. I think someone with the right knowledge and test gear could develop a very nice 18" two way system.

Gordon Bennett mate, the low frequency cab is the same that is used at the Empire Leicester square screen 1 for there THX design.

If you look closely you can see the JBL 2241. So, I don’t understand it sounds like you need an active crossover for the whole thing.

If you not enjoying those with films like Star Wars Star Trek Die Hard Apollo 13 The Right Stuff, I’ll have them.