Thread: DIY L300

horn29

DIY L300

Anyone have the cabinet construction plans or informations for L300 ?

horn29

DIY L300

Thanks for the help.
    There a lot of informations for 4333 but I like the design off the L300 for domestic use.

These will get you started

You can get the overall sizes from the library on this site and other little details just ask. Good luck
    Attached Images Attached Images      

horn29

DIY L300

Well! thanks for pictures.

L300 DIY

Quote Originally Posted by horn29 View Post
    Well! thanks for pictures.
    So how far are you? Care to share some details and lessons? I too like to build my own L300's.

Jan

Quote Originally Posted by macaroonie View Post
    You can get the overall sizes from the library on this site and other little details just ask. Good luck
    Macaroonie,
    Will there be anymore on your great DIY L300 thread? Im waiting to hear about the final outcome and so forth! Slowly beginning down the path myself. Need to collect a nice plunge router and have my 2225H drivers reconed to 2235H.

russellc

DIY L299

Russell I did think you were somewhat further forward. Yes but I hibernate in the winter I have been working slowly on the grilles ( tricky to execute well ) and am messing with the auditorium which means that there are some cable issues as far as layout / length etc.

For the Diy guys in the previous posts you might want to follow this link --

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...building+build

Russell I did think you were somewhat further forward. Yes but I hibernate in the winter I have been working slowly on the grilles ( tricky to execute well ) and am messing with the auditorium which means that there are some cable issues as far as layout / length etc.

The cold weather has me at a standstill, as my wood cutting will have to be outside. I have concentrated in the mean time with other aspects, I have found and repaired a nice urei 6230, and am looking for extra cash for a matching 6260. I also have aquired a 5234 crossover, all this for the eventual JBL 3 way. Have put off the reconing until I can at least cut wood, but if I run out of projects before cold weather, I am down to the reconers. Fortunately, there is a JBL service place near me.

I am too far commited to back out now! I may build a 4430 clone first,
    (already have crossover parts) then build a three way box later, adding the 2123H drivers, or something more L300 like, but this would require getting some slots, and a couple of the 2380 horns, which I like better and appear easier to find than the original L 300 mid horns and lens! How do yours sound at this point?

Russellc

DIY L300 - super link!

Well thank you!! That answers about 99% of my box building questions! Very nice work!

Inventive ways to use a router!

Jan

Sound ?????

Well i can only say that having had some little nagging doubts based on some comments here re the 2380, I am delighted. Imaging is wonderful tangeable and lifelike and that is running as a lash up at present. I have twin+screen multicore coming to link the x/o to the power amp which will be stashed in an old pine blanket chest. Going active is not without its issues as far as cabling and it has taken a bit of hunting down the right stuff. Sound wise it IS the way to go.
    I've been busy with the grilles ( my interpretation ) this week but they are a complete footer to get right.
    I'll be topping up the original thread once I am done with lots of pics as ever.

Thanks Jan. There are more ways to do this but my method WILL get a result with minimum tools.
    Good luck with your project
    Last edited by macaroonie; 02-17-2008 at 09:14 AM. Reason: addenda

Well i can only say that having had some little nagging doubts based on some comments here re the 2380, I am delighted. Imaging is wonderful tangeable and lifelike and that is running as a lash up at present. I have twin+screen multicore coming to link the x/o to the power amp which will be stashed in an old pine blanket chest. Going active is not without its issues as far as cabling and it has taken a bit of hunting down the right stuff. Sound wise it IS the way to go.
    I've been busy with the grilles ( my interpretation ) this week but they are a complete footer to get right.
    I'll be topping up the original thread once I am done with lots of pics as ever.

Thanks Jan. There are more ways to do this but my method WILL get a result with minimum tools.
    Good luck with your project
    Hi,

I think this would still be on-topic: changing drivers and consequently needing to change the x-over.

Early in your project you decided to replace the L300 mid combo (LE85+H92+L91) by the 2380 with 2" driver. Probably like you I have noticed that the latter is a lot easier to obtain via internet. Yet switching to a 2380 would mean that the x-over design for the L300 by Gisgard is no longer valid, which is a big problem for me, as tools and knowledge fail me to design a proper x-over on my own. I'm not sure that the x-over by Zilch may solve that, I need to study his posts in detail.

For now I first want to try a passive (cc-d) network before I try an active route.

Not unimportant: has anyone been able to compare the two options in real life? What's the difference??

Jan

Thread Information